THE BROWNS BOARD

Gawd, I love you guys.

The Goat

Dolphins fan here...I think I posted shortly after the Fins/Browns game last year.

As a long-time homer, I can understand how the myopic overanalysis of everything can break you down. I just wanted to stop here and tell you something....

...a good friend of mine and I talk football continually. He's a huge Seahawks fan, so he's in his glory right now. That aside, I wanted to share a conversation he and I had a couple weeks back.

About the Browns. It was right after Ben Tate was signed.

We were talking divisions, and I looked at him and said, "You know, if the Browns can ever figure out their Quarterback position, they're gonna just start wrecking people." He thought the same thing.

I've looked at your roster, and in my opinion, you're a QB, a pass rusher, a CB, and a weapon on the other side of Josh Gordon away from making a lot of noise. A lot.

Personally, I'd go with Watkins and whichever of the Big 4 QB (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr) falls to 22, but that's just me.

Best of luck guys. Respect the hell out of ya.

well hopefully that will be addressed come draft day. he can hang in the nickel but as the #2 Cb....no.

was hoping mcfadden would have come in here and made more of an impact. we'll se how he has progessed (if at all).

but hopefully the browns make CB a priority and draft one within the first 3 picks.

well hopefully that will be addressed come draft day. he can hang in the nickel but as the #2 Cb....no.

was hoping mcfadden would have come in here and made more of an impact. we'll se how he has progessed (if at all).

but hopefully the browns make CB a priority and draft one within the first 3 picks.

I agree. I'd place that as a higher priority then a receiver. I think the lack at that position will lose more games then being weaker opposite Gordon, especially since we have a weapon at TE and look to have improved our odds at running the ball with some authority. Add in the fact this is a deep WR class there is a real good chace we can find a solid #2 in round 4...and oh yeah...Burleson is a pretty solid guy who can do the job opposite Gordon for at least this year if not next.

And Goat...thanks for your input.

I've had a weird affinity for the Browns since the Kosar days.

But...seriously...Buster Skrine?

Buster Skrine statistically isn't bad at all thx to the huge strides he took during the season, but he really belongs as a nickel corner. He racked up 18 PDs over the season. Pretty good for a guy who switched from track to football in college.

Agree with everything you said except for Watkins.

How many first-round WRs did the Seahawks have?

You don't need three Pro Bowl pass catchers -- the Browns already have 2.

2 and a half would be nice.

since, as others have said, it's the deepest WR class in 15 years i don't think we necessarily have to use a high priority pick on one although the thought of it has crossed my mind more than once.

CB is a much higher need.

Dolphins fan here...I think I posted shortly after the Fins/Browns game last year.

As a long-time homer, I can understand how the myopic overanalysis of everything can break you down. I just wanted to stop here and tell you something....

...a good friend of mine and I talk football continually. He's a huge Seahawks fan, so he's in his glory right now. That aside, I wanted to share a conversation he and I had a couple weeks back.

About the Browns. It was right after Ben Tate was signed.

We were talking divisions, and I looked at him and said, "You know, if the Browns can ever figure out their Quarterback position, they're gonna just start wrecking people." He thought the same thing.

I've looked at your roster, and in my opinion, you're a QB, a pass rusher, a CB, and a weapon on the other side of Josh Gordon away from making a lot of noise. A lot.

Personally, I'd go with Watkins and whichever of the Big 4 QB (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr) falls to 22, but that's just me.

Best of luck guys. Respect the hell out of ya.

1. Supposedly Barkevious Mingo is to become that pass rusher. He still very well could...it is early days yet in his career.

2. We have an outstanding CB....but, sure, who can't use more better players at any position.

3. Another offensive weapon would be good. The Browns will go for one in the first or second round

4. And certainly QB....

5. But we are also in need very much of a top quality inside LB. No ifs and or buts.

Archived