THE BROWNS BOARD

Harry Buffalo Mock Draft 2.0 (Updated May 3rd)

Harry Buffalo

I'm gonna do 3 mock drafts, one this week, one next week, and then one on Wednesday night, or Thursday before the draft begins. I think NOW is a good time to start actually doing mock drafts since we are not really going to see too many prospects going up or down from now until the start of the draft.

Here are the rules that I am following.

1. I am going to start the mock draft assuming that Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone. Top 3 players in the draft who are likely to be picked by who is in front of us, or by a team who trades up in front of us.

2. I will not actually be mocking any trades for the Browns. Too hard to predict and people who mock trades assume trading around is as easy as taking a morning piss.

3. I am mocking players based on possible availability based on other mocks that I have looked at including mocks from NFL.com, walterfootball.com, bleacherreport.com, and espn.com. By looking at all these mocks it gives me a decent idea of where players will be picked at based on general consensus, but lets be honest anything can happen. Just don't immediately complain that you don't think player A will be there at that pick, cause I have compared it to many different and highly ranked mocks.

4. I am drafting for a mixture of BPA and need. I'm not going to hit on every spot we need early, deal with it.

5. I will gradually add more rounds next week and the final week. This week we are going through rounds 1-3.

Harry Buffalo's 2014 Mock Draft 1.0

#4 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson: While WR isn't the most desperate need that the Browns have, most would say it is QB, Watkins is a much safer pick who is probably the 2nd best overall prospect in this draft class. While I think Manziel will still be here, but won't be in play for our second 1st round pick, I think our FO is seeing too many question marks on him to feel comfortable taking Johnny Football at #4. Watkins will give us two legitimate #1 WR's right off the bat. With a combo of Gordon, Cameron, and Watkins, we are going to see defenses unable to cover all 3. Not to mention, in case anyone forgot, but Gordon is one stupid decision away from missing a whole season of football. What would happen to our team if that happened. We have 2 more seasons to see if he keeps his head on straight before we attempt to resign him, but he might literally be off the team before then if he does the wrong thing. Watkins gives us fall back encase that terrible scenario happens and gives us the best WR duo next to Chicago and Atlanta's if Gordon stays out of trouble.

#26 Teddy Twatwater QB Louisville: With no QB being taken in the top 4, there is a really good chance that the QB's start to fall. But I also do not believe that Manziel will still be on the board, as he won't make it past the Cowboys, and I believe that Bortles doesn't make it any farther than the Cardinals. Carr MAY still be here, but if Bortles and Manziel are gone before the Cardinals pick, I see them snagging Carr. But that doesn't matter much to me, because I think Bridgewater is at the very least on the same level talent wise as Carr, if not better. There was a reason everyone considered Bridgewater the best QB in the draft at the end of the season, and I don't think having only an average pro day warrants falling from #1 to #33. He already did his testing. He did it on the field where he had one of the highest passing percentages of any QB in the NCAA. He did it running a pro style offense. He did it by taking Louisville, a basketball school, and turning them into a football school. He took a historically mediocre team and made them contenders and the Browns should sprint to the podium with his name if he is still there at #26. Plus this is the perfect spot to let a guy sit for a year. Let him add good weight, let him learn the playbook front to back. Gordon and Watkins can make Hoyer look good next season, in 2-3 seasons Bridgewater can make Gordon and Watkins look great.

#35 Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: I think we are lucky there is such a thing as an incompetent cop. From 0.008 and straight into our laps. I would consider Roby graded around the the same as Verrett, with would be as the 4th best CB in the draft. Last season he was considered THE best CB in the draft and a mid 1st round pick, but personal troubles and a sub par 2013 drops him down. But I'm going to take a chance on Roby's athletic ability and his 2012 tape and say he can be a good starting CB in the NFL. This is the biggest gamble I think I take in my mock. But I also think those worth this selection that may still be here have just as many question marks either with their ability or health, so I'll take the shot on Roby.

#71 Deone Bucannan S Washington: This guy should be rated higher. He should be a mid second round pick at least. I think he has less question marks that Ward from N. Illinois, who is himself likely a late 1st early 2nd round pick. This guy has produced at Washington. 78 solo tackles last year with 3 FF and 6 INT's. He is also a good athlete, running a 4.49 at the combine. His draw back from everything else that I have read is that he has "stiff hips". Well hell that's why he plays safety and not corner back. I HOPE every team in the NFL is as stupid as EVERY mock draft writer I have seen. Bucannan will instantly push Gipson for his starting job and most likely take it from him before the season starts. Considering that I actually LIKE Gipson who I think has shown the ability to be a good starter himself, that is saying something. Now we got real safety depth.

#83 Christian Jones ILB Florida State: How is this guy still here? Did he have surgery at some point or test positive for pot at the combine and I some how didn't read about it. Wasn't he being slotted for us to take at #26 and #35 like two months ago. What has happened to this guys draft stock that I am not hearing about. You know what? FUCK IT! No news is good news. He's falling because he is falling. The guys an athletic freak who produced good numbers and played every single LB spot in college. He is perfect for the defense that Pettine is trying to build and, like with Bucannan, is going to push Robertson for a ILB starting spot almost immediately and will likely have it by the midway of the season if not sooner. This pick, once again, will likely give us not only a starter, but push someone with a vast amount of playing time into a reserve/sub role that they are better suited for and have thrived in during the past. Robertson was a really good 3rd down ILB when he fresh legs, but very shoddy when he had to be on the field for every snap. Lets put the guy back where he belongs and bring in the future defensive leader.

Harry Buffalo's 2014 Mock Draft 2.0

#4: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson: I'm sticking with my pick of Watkins right here even though it becomes harder and harder to pin point him to us. We have two teams in the Rams and the Jags that are likely around 50/50 on taking him themselves. But I do think WR, whether it be Watkins or Evans, is the most likely option for us at #4. I do NOT think QB is in the discussion for us anymore at #4. I do NOT think OT is in the discussion for us anymore at #4. I do think Mack and Donald are in the discussion, but I think we are still at a 50/50 split between WR and Front 7 players.

While WR isn't the most desperate need that the Browns have, most would say it is QB, Watkins is a much safer pick who is probably the 2nd best overall prospect in this draft class. While I think Manziel will still be here, but won't be in play for our second 1st round pick, I think our FO is seeing too many question marks on him to feel comfortable taking Johnny Football at #4. Watkins will give us two legitimate #1 WR's right off the bat. With a combo of Gordon, Cameron, and Watkins, we are going to see defenses unable to cover all 3. Not to mention, in case anyone forgot, but Gordon is one stupid decision away from missing a whole season of football. What would happen to our team if that happened. We have 2 more seasons to see if he keeps his head on straight before we attempt to resign him, but he might literally be off the team before then if he does the wrong thing. Watkins gives us fall back encase that terrible scenario happens and gives us the best WR duo next to Chicago and Atlanta's if Gordon stays out of trouble.

#26: Teddy Twatwater QB Louisville: Just like with Watkins, I am sticking with my pick of Bridgewater here. I have been jumping around on what I think the QB big board is with the Browns with the top 4 or 5 and it is a constantly changing perspective. I think they want a mobile QB that is accurate above all else, and if they want a QB that can hack it in the AFC North, they will want a guy that doesn't melt under the pass rush. Because of this I really do not think Carr is as high on their list as some people think, simply because he is a QB that melts under pressure. I think the QB big board for the Browns looks something more like Bortles, with a tie between Manziel and Bridgewater. Manziel falls back on Bridgewaters level simply because he too is not a great passer while under pressure. He did make some big plays in college while being chased down by the rush, but he also made alot of bad plays as well. Bridgewater and Bortles had the best accuracy and TD/INT ratio while being under heavy pressure. Considering that Bortles and Manziel shouldn't be availible here regardless, and Bridgewater should, I'll keep Teddy in this spot.

With no QB being taken in the top 4, there is a really good chance that the QB's start to fall. But I also do not believe that Manziel will still be on the board, as he won't make it past the Cowboys, and I believe that Bortles doesn't make it any farther than the Cardinals. Carr MAY still be here, but if Bortles and Manziel are gone before the Cardinals pick, I see them snagging Carr. But that doesn't matter much to me, because I think Bridgewater is at the very least on the same level talent wise as Carr, if not better. There was a reason everyone considered Bridgewater the best QB in the draft at the end of the season, and I don't think having only an average pro day warrants falling from #1 to #33. He already did his testing. He did it on the field where he had one of the highest passing percentages of any QB in the NCAA. He did it running a pro style offense. He did it by taking Louisville, a basketball school, and turning them into a football school. He took a historically mediocre team and made them contenders and the Browns should sprint to the podium with his name if he is still there at #26. Plus this is the perfect spot to let a guy sit for a year. Let him add good weight, let him learn the playbook front to back. Gordon and Watkins can make Hoyer look good next season, in 2-3 seasons Bridgewater can make Gordon and Watkins look great.

#35: Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: I am going to keep Roby here for two reasons. 1: Alot of people were talking about how he was becoming more and more like a sure 1st round pick, but now with his none DUI somehow raising more questions about his character, but not enough to kill his draft stock, he is more likely to fall to us at #35. 2: I feel Pettine really wants that good #2 CB next to Haden, and he is going to want to use a high pick in order to make it happen. However I also think there is a good chance we grab an OLB here. There is a lot of good pass rushing talent, such as the DE/OLB prospects from Boise State, BYU, and Georgia Tech, that will be available here. Plus Farmer and Pettine might be willing to gamble and wait until round 3 and see if Desir or the CB from Nebraska falls to them.

I think we are lucky there is such a thing as an incompetent cop. From 0.008 and straight into our laps. I would consider Roby graded around the the same as Verrett, with would be as the 4th best CB in the draft. Last season he was considered THE best CB in the draft and a mid 1st round pick, but personal troubles and a sub par 2013 drops him down. But I'm going to take a chance on Roby's athletic ability and his 2012 tape and say he can be a good starting CB in the NFL. This is the biggest gamble I think I take in my mock. But I also think those worth this selection that may still be here have just as many question marks either with their ability or health, so I'll take the shot on Roby.

#71: Christian Jones ILB Flordia State (Previous Pick Bucannan SS Washington): I can not longer believe that Bucannon will be available for us at the beginning of the 3rd. If he is, I think we grab him, but his stock has been rising more and more and he is likely the #4 overall rated safety in the draft. I have us grabbing Jones here instead of #83 in order to make sure we get our future ILB for Pettines system.

How is this guy still here? Did he have surgery at some point or test positive for pot at the combine and I some how didn't read about it. Wasn't he being slotted for us to take at #26 and #35 like two months ago. What has happened to this guys draft stock that I am not hearing about. You know what? FUCK IT! No news is good news. He's falling because he is falling. The guys an athletic freak who produced good numbers and played every single LB spot in college. He is perfect for the defense that Pettine is trying to build and, like with Bucannan, is going to push Robertson for a ILB starting spot almost immediately and will likely have it by the midway of the season if not sooner. This pick, once again, will likely give us not only a starter, but push someone with a vast amount of playing time into a reserve/sub role that they are better suited for and have thrived in during the past. Robertson was a really good 3rd down ILB when he fresh legs, but very shoddy when he had to be on the field for every snap. Lets put the guy back where he belongs and bring in the future defensive leader.

#83: C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa: I think that Fiedorowicz is a great, classic, TE talent. He is likely a late 3rd, early 4th round pick. I also think he has the highest floor out of any TE in this class. I think at worst he is going to be a good #2 TE in the NFL. A classic blocker and receiving target. His ceiling is some where is the area of a Heath Miller type of player. Anyone who watched Big 10 football knows that this guy is good. The attention that teams put on Cameron should allow Fiedorowicz to grab some stats early and he gives us a safety valve in case Cameron decides to not resign with us.

#106: Bruce Ellington WR South Carolina: Both Kiper and McShay are dip shits without a smart thought to be shared between them. Bruce Ellington is not a 1st round pick, he is not a 2nd round pick, there is a good chance that he is not even a 3rd round pick. But in the 4th round he is a good selection. Very athletic with a huge upside. College backetball back ground. Is still learning the craft of being a WR. Ran a very good 40 yard dash. We are going to double up on WR most likely. Yes we signed two WR in the offseason, but one is 32 years old on a veteran minimum contract with nothing guaranteed. Our top 3 guys are likely Gordan/Watkins (at least based on my mock)/ and Hawkins. We will have room for a 4th and 5th WR and we need guys to battle it out. We don't know if Benjamin is going to be himself after his ACL tear, or if he can stay on the field, Burlson is clearly on the downward path in his career, and Little hasn't show anything in past years, so unless something clicks for him during the preseason he is likely to be cut. If Ellington goes earlier I can see us taking a player such as Robert Harron from Wyoming (who is very similar to Ellington).

#127: Dakota Dozier G/OT Furman: It is so hard to pin point where players are going to go at this point, especially when they are DIV II athletes who show a lot of upside. Furman is an athletic OT who performed really well at the East West Shrine game. He looks like a good fit at guard in the NFL, most specifically in a zbs. The fact that he is a Div II prospect, and that he is projected as a guard, will push him back to us at this point in the draft, but he has the ability to be a good guard in the NFL within the next few seasons.

#145: Keith Wenning QB Ball State: This is going to be my one homer pick in this draft. He is the one guy that I really want to see us draft as a developmental QB. The Browns are most likely going to take a developmental guy in the 4th on down, regardless if they take a early QB or not. He's my homer pick simply because I played against him in high school and its great to see a MAC (high school conference) prospect make it to the NFL. But regardless of my homerism, I think he has the best shot of any developmental QB in this draft to eventually succeed as either a back up or eventual starter. His ceiling isn't as high as mid round QB's like Logan Thomas, but he has a much better chance of success as a QB. Dominated in the MAC, 4 year starter, hard worker, football smart, above average arm strength and accuracy. Has mechanical issues and is more raw, but as the tools to be successful if coached properly.

Rounds 6-7 Coming This Wednesday Night/Thursday Predraft

I'm gonna do 3 mock drafts, one this week, one next week, and then one on Wednesday night, or Thursday before the draft begins. I think NOW is a good time to start actually doing mock drafts since we are not really going to see too many prospects going up or down from now until the start of the draft.

1. I am going to start the mock draft assuming that Clowney, Mack, and Robinson are all gone. Top 3 players in the draft who are likely to be picked by who is in front of us, or by a team who trades up in front of us.

2. I will not actually be mocking any trades for the Browns. Too hard to predict and people who mock trades assume trading around is as easy as taking a morning piss.

3. I am mocking players based on possible availability based on other mocks that I have looked at including mocks from NFL.com, walterfootball.com, bleacherreport.com, and espn.com. By looking at all these mocks it gives me a decent idea of where players will be picked at based on general consensus, but lets be honest anything can happen. Just don't immediately complain that you don't think player A will be there at that pick, cause I have compared it to many different and highly ranked mocks.

4. I am drafting for a mixture of BPA and need. I'm not going to hit on every spot we need early, deal with it.

5. I will gradually add more rounds next week and the final week. This week we are going through rounds 1-3.

#4 Sammy Watkins WR Clemson: While WR isn't the most desperate need that the Browns have, most would say it is QB, Watkins is a much safer pick who is probably the 2nd best overall prospect in this draft class. While I think Manziel will still be here, but won't be in play for our second 1st round pick, I think our FO is seeing too many question marks on him to feel comfortable taking Johnny Football at #4. Watkins will give us two legitimate #1 WR's right off the bat. With a combo of Gordon, Cameron, and Watkins, we are going to see defenses unable to cover all 3. Not to mention, in case anyone forgot, but Gordon is one stupid decision away from missing a whole season of football. What would happen to our team if that happened. We have 2 more seasons to see if he keeps his head on straight before we attempt to resign him, but he might literally be off the team before then if he does the wrong thing. Watkins gives us fall back encase that terrible scenario happens and gives us the best WR duo next to Chicago and Atlanta's if Gordon stays out of trouble.

#26 Teddy Twatwater QB Louisville: With no QB being taken in the top 4, there is a really good chance that the QB's start to fall. But I also do not believe that Manziel will still be on the board, as he won't make it past the Cowboys, and I believe that Bortles doesn't make it any farther than the Cardinals. Carr MAY still be here, but if Bortles and Manziel are gone before the Cardinals pick, I see them snagging Carr. But that doesn't matter much to me, because I think Bridgewater is at the very least on the same level talent wise as Carr, if not better. There was a reason everyone considered Bridgewater the best QB in the draft at the end of the season, and I don't think having only an average pro day warrants falling from #1 to #33. He already did his testing. He did it on the field where he had one of the highest passing percentages of any QB in the NCAA. He did it running a pro style offense. He did it by taking Louisville, a basketball school, and turning them into a football school. He took a historically mediocre team and made them contenders and the Browns should sprint to the podium with his name if he is still there at #26. Plus this is the perfect spot to let a guy sit for a year. Let him add good weight, let him learn the playbook front to back. Gordon and Watkins can make Hoyer look good next season, in 2-3 seasons Bridgewater can make Gordon and Watkins look great.

#35 Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: I think we are lucky there is such a thing as an incompetent cop. From 0.008 and straight into our laps. I would consider Roby graded around the the same as Verrett, with would be as the 4th best CB in the draft. Last season he was considered THE best CB in the draft and a mid 1st round pick, but personal troubles and a sub par 2013 drops him down. But I'm going to take a chance on Roby's athletic ability and his 2012 tape and say he can be a good starting CB in the NFL. This is the biggest gamble I think I take in my mock. But I also think those worth this selection that may still be here have just as many question marks either with their ability or health, so I'll take the shot on Roby.

#71 Deone Bucannan S Washington: This guy should be rated higher. He should be a mid second round pick at least. I think he has less question marks that Ward from N. Illinois, who is himself likely a late 1st early 2nd round pick. This guy has produced at Washington. 78 solo tackles last year with 3 FF and 6 INT's. He is also a good athlete, running a 4.49 at the combine. His draw back from everything else that I have read is that he has "stiff hips". Well hell that's why he plays safety and not corner back. I HOPE every team in the NFL is as stupid as EVERY mock draft writer I have seen. Bucannan will instantly push Gipson for his starting job and most likely take it from him before the season starts. Considering that I actually LIKE Gipson who I think has shown the ability to be a good starter himself, that is saying something. Now we got real safety depth.

#83 Christian Jones ILB Florida State: How is this guy still here? Did he have surgery at some point or test positive for pot at the combine and I some how didn't read about it. Wasn't he being slotted for us to take at #26 and #35 like two months ago. What has happened to this guys draft stock that I am not hearing about. You know what? FUCK IT! No news is good news. He's falling because he is falling. The guys an athletic freak who produced good numbers and played every single LB spot in college. He is perfect for the defense that Pettine is trying to build and, like with Bucannan, is going to push Robertson for a ILB starting spot almost immediately and will likely have it by the midway of the season if not sooner. This pick, once again, will likely give us not only a starter, but push someone with a vast amount of playing time into a reserve/sub role that they are better suited for and have thrived in during the past. Robertson was a really good 3rd down ILB when he fresh legs, but very shoddy when he had to be on the field for every snap. Lets put the guy back where he belongs and bring in the future defensive leader.

Rounds 4-5 Next week in Mock Draft 2.0

I love it Harry. I would be pretty stoked with a draft like this. Im not a big TB or Roby fan but I can live with where you have them selected. Good job.

I love it Harry. I would be pretty stoked with a draft like this. Im not a big TB or Roby fan but I can live with where you have them selected. Good job.

I'm not either, the picks are gambles that I can see the Browns making. I'm more so highlighting their positive attributes.

Lol Mik. And Harry, you make us wait this long for 1.0 and you jip us on half the draft?!? Oh the suspense is killing me! Thats just lazy...

A Mock draft 2 months before the draft is a shit show crap shoot. Especially when everyone and their mother is trying to be a draft genius and guess trades that "they" would make if they were "GMs" At this point things are a lot more settled. I might change it around for next week at pick #26 and on because I did make some tough choices, but I wouldn't be switching people with any who is shooting up or down randomly.

bridgewater turns this mock into shit stew, literally.

Idk, I think that can be said about every QB in the draft. Personally the only QB I would want us to take in the 1st round is Manziel and only at #26. Maybe Bortles there as well but only because we could sit him till we're ready and if he is never ready he can just become a forgotten man on the way to the next guy we draft down the road. But the QB class is so fucked this year it's so hard to tell who is going to be good or bad. At this point I've almost come full circle. I don't think Bridgewater is the sexy pick. Bortles is the new comer on the block, Manziel is the superstar, and Carr is the gun slinger. Bridgewater is just Bridgewater.

But I think it is known that some where between #4 and #35 we are taking a QB. I can't distinguish who I really want anymore because they have all be praised and butchered so much by the media that I can't figure out who is going to be good, compared to previous years where it was easy to see that players like Ponder and Gabbert were going to be busts.

I'm not picking Bridgewater because I love him, or because I necessary think he is going to be the best, even though at the same time I do think he can be. I'm doing it because I think the Browns are going to a QB.

I agree completely with you draft. None of these QBd are worth it at 4.

Two things I could see:

1) Trading back slightly and drafting Mike Evans if they prefer a large possession type of WR

2) Trading up for Bridgewater if it looks necessary. We don't need all of our picks

I agree completely with you draft. None of these QBd are worth it at 4.

Two things I could see:

1) Trading back slightly and drafting Mike Evans if they prefer a large possession type of WR

2) Trading up for Bridgewater if it looks necessary. We don't need all of our picks

I could see either or happening as well. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Watkins got drafted ahead of us and we stuck at #4 and got Evans. The distance grade wise between the two is considered to be very small and from what I have read a few teams have Evans graded higher.

most mocks have evans climbing. the last i looked at, he was at 7 with only 2 OL separating him and watkins. i like evans better but watkins gives you that burst which we haven't seen much of from our receivers (benjamin had a couple big catches and runs). but if it's either one i think you need to pick them at 4 and not look to trade back. hell by next week the mocks will have oakland taking him right behind watkins.

Agree... You don't pass on Watkins for Evans.

Evans will lead the league in one category his rookie season... Offensive Pass Interference calls. I swear he pushes off in every highlight I see of him... especially in those redzone situations for which everyone covets his size. I'll say it again... the guy is not agile enough and dislikes going over the middle too much to thrive in the NFL.

HB,

As for your mock... aside from Sammy, I'm not crazy about it. In most cases because I see better value at the positions chosen elsewhere in the draft... mostly later, but in a case or two earlier...

I'll be posting mine in a day or two...

Rounds 4-5 Next week in Mock Draft 2.0

I wouldnt be mad at things falling that way!

Updated my mock draft and also added rounds 4-5. Will be posting another updated mock with rounds 6-7 Wednesday night or Thursday before the start of the draft.

2. No trades! Trades or Dumb!

3. I am mocking players based on possible availability based on other mocks that I have looked at including mocks from NFL.com, walterfootball.com, bleacherreport.com, and espn.com. Whether a player is availible later starts to get real iffy after round 3, so lets agree to disagree.

Harry Buffalo's 2014 Mock Draft 2.0

#4: Sammy Watkins WR Clemson: I'm sticking with my pick of Watkins right here even though it becomes harder and harder to pin point him to us. We have two teams in the Rams and the Jags that are likely around 50/50 on taking him themselves. But I do think WR, whether it be Watkins or Evans, is the most likely option for us at #4. I do NOT think QB is in the discussion for us anymore at #4. I do NOT think OT is in the discussion for us anymore at #4. I do think Mack and Donald are in the discussion, but I think we are still at a 50/50 split between WR and Front 7 players.

While WR isn't the most desperate need that the Browns have, most would say it is QB, Watkins is a much safer pick who is probably the 2nd best overall prospect in this draft class. While I think Manziel will still be here, but won't be in play for our second 1st round pick, I think our FO is seeing too many question marks on him to feel comfortable taking Johnny Football at #4. Watkins will give us two legitimate #1 WR's right off the bat. With a combo of Gordon, Cameron, and Watkins, we are going to see defenses unable to cover all 3. Not to mention, in case anyone forgot, but Gordon is one stupid decision away from missing a whole season of football. What would happen to our team if that happened. We have 2 more seasons to see if he keeps his head on straight before we attempt to resign him, but he might literally be off the team before then if he does the wrong thing. Watkins gives us fall back encase that terrible scenario happens and gives us the best WR duo next to Chicago and Atlanta's if Gordon stays out of trouble.

#26: Teddy Twatwater QB Louisville: Just like with Watkins, I am sticking with my pick of Bridgewater here. I have been jumping around on what I think the QB big board is with the Browns with the top 4 or 5 and it is a constantly changing perspective. I think they want a mobile QB that is accurate above all else, and if they want a QB that can hack it in the AFC North, they will want a guy that doesn't melt under the pass rush. Because of this I really do not think Carr is as high on their list as some people think, simply because he is a QB that melts under pressure. I think the QB big board for the Browns looks something more like Bortles, with a tie between Manziel and Bridgewater. Manziel falls back on Bridgewaters level simply because he too is not a great passer while under pressure. He did make some big plays in college while being chased down by the rush, but he also made alot of bad plays as well. Bridgewater and Bortles had the best accuracy and TD/INT ratio while being under heavy pressure. Considering that Bortles and Manziel shouldn't be availible here regardless, and Bridgewater should, I'll keep Teddy in this spot.

With no QB being taken in the top 4, there is a really good chance that the QB's start to fall. But I also do not believe that Manziel will still be on the board, as he won't make it past the Cowboys, and I believe that Bortles doesn't make it any farther than the Cardinals. Carr MAY still be here, but if Bortles and Manziel are gone before the Cardinals pick, I see them snagging Carr. But that doesn't matter much to me, because I think Bridgewater is at the very least on the same level talent wise as Carr, if not better. There was a reason everyone considered Bridgewater the best QB in the draft at the end of the season, and I don't think having only an average pro day warrants falling from #1 to #33. He already did his testing. He did it on the field where he had one of the highest passing percentages of any QB in the NCAA. He did it running a pro style offense. He did it by taking Louisville, a basketball school, and turning them into a football school. He took a historically mediocre team and made them contenders and the Browns should sprint to the podium with his name if he is still there at #26. Plus this is the perfect spot to let a guy sit for a year. Let him add good weight, let him learn the playbook front to back. Gordon and Watkins can make Hoyer look good next season, in 2-3 seasons Bridgewater can make Gordon and Watkins look great.

#35: Bradley Roby CB Ohio State: I am going to keep Roby here for two reasons. 1: Alot of people were talking about how he was becoming more and more like a sure 1st round pick, but now with his none DUI somehow raising more questions about his character, but not enough to kill his draft stock, he is more likely to fall to us at #35. 2: I feel Pettine really wants that good #2 CB next to Haden, and he is going to want to use a high pick in order to make it happen. However I also think there is a good chance we grab an OLB here. There is a lot of good pass rushing talent, such as the DE/OLB prospects from Boise State, BYU, and Georgia Tech, that will be available here. Plus Farmer and Pettine might be willing to gamble and wait until round 3 and see if Desir or the CB from Nebraska falls to them.

I think we are lucky there is such a thing as an incompetent cop. From 0.008 and straight into our laps. I would consider Roby graded around the the same as Verrett, with would be as the 4th best CB in the draft. Last season he was considered THE best CB in the draft and a mid 1st round pick, but personal troubles and a sub par 2013 drops him down. But I'm going to take a chance on Roby's athletic ability and his 2012 tape and say he can be a good starting CB in the NFL. This is the biggest gamble I think I take in my mock. But I also think those worth this selection that may still be here have just as many question marks either with their ability or health, so I'll take the shot on Roby.

#71: Christian Jones ILB Flordia State (Previous Pick Bucannan SS Washington): I can not longer believe that Bucannon will be available for us at the beginning of the 3rd. If he is, I think we grab him, but his stock has been rising more and more and he is likely the #4 overall rated safety in the draft. I have us grabbing Jones here instead of #83 in order to make sure we get our future ILB for Pettines system.

How is this guy still here? Did he have surgery at some point or test positive for pot at the combine and I some how didn't read about it. Wasn't he being slotted for us to take at #26 and #35 like two months ago. What has happened to this guys draft stock that I am not hearing about. You know what? FUCK IT! No news is good news. He's falling because he is falling. The guys an athletic freak who produced good numbers and played every single LB spot in college. He is perfect for the defense that Pettine is trying to build and, like with Bucannan, is going to push Robertson for a ILB starting spot almost immediately and will likely have it by the midway of the season if not sooner. This pick, once again, will likely give us not only a starter, but push someone with a vast amount of playing time into a reserve/sub role that they are better suited for and have thrived in during the past. Robertson was a really good 3rd down ILB when he fresh legs, but very shoddy when he had to be on the field for every snap. Lets put the guy back where he belongs and bring in the future defensive leader.

#83: C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa: I think that Fiedorowicz is a great, classic, TE talent. He is likely a late 3rd, early 4th round pick. I also think he has the highest floor out of any TE in this class. I think at worst he is going to be a good #2 TE in the NFL. A classic blocker and receiving target. His ceiling is some where is the area of a Heath Miller type of player. Anyone who watched Big 10 football knows that this guy is good. The attention that teams put on Cameron should allow Fiedorowicz to grab some stats early and he gives us a safety valve in case Cameron decides to not resign with us.

#106: Bruce Ellington WR South Carolina: Both Kiper and McShay are dip shits without a smart thought to be shared between them. Bruce Ellington is not a 1st round pick, he is not a 2nd round pick, there is a good chance that he is not even a 3rd round pick. But in the 4th round he is a good selection. Very athletic with a huge upside. College backetball back ground. Is still learning the craft of being a WR. Ran a very good 40 yard dash. We are going to double up on WR most likely. Yes we signed two WR in the offseason, but one is 32 years old on a veteran minimum contract with nothing guaranteed. Our top 3 guys are likely Gordan/Watkins (at least based on my mock)/ and Hawkins. We will have room for a 4th and 5th WR and we need guys to battle it out. We don't know if Benjamin is going to be himself after his ACL tear, or if he can stay on the field, Burlson is clearly on the downward path in his career, and Little hasn't show anything in past years, so unless something clicks for him during the preseason he is likely to be cut. If Ellington goes earlier I can see us taking a player such as Robert Harron from Wyoming (who is very similar to Ellington).

#127: Dakota Dozier G/OT Furman: It is so hard to pin point where players are going to go at this point, especially when they are DIV II athletes who show a lot of upside. Furman is an athletic OT who performed really well at the East West Shrine game. He looks like a good fit at guard in the NFL, most specifically in a zbs. The fact that he is a Div II prospect, and that he is projected as a guard, will push him back to us at this point in the draft, but he has the ability to be a good guard in the NFL within the next few seasons.

#145: Keith Wenning QB Ball State: This is going to be my one homer pick in this draft. He is the one guy that I really want to see us draft as a developmental QB. The Browns are most likely going to take a developmental guy in the 4th on down, regardless if they take a early QB or not. He's my homer pick simply because I played against him in high school and its great to see a MAC (high school conference) prospect make it to the NFL. But regardless of my homerism, I think he has the best shot of any developmental QB in this draft to eventually succeed as either a back up or eventual starter. His ceiling isn't as high as mid round QB's like Logan Thomas, but he has a much better chance of success as a QB. Dominated in the MAC, 4 year starter, hard worker, football smart, above average arm strength and accuracy. Has mechanical issues and is more raw, but as the tools to be successful if coached properly.

Rounds 6-7 Coming This Wednesday Night/Thursday Predraft

#145: Keith Wenning QB Ball State: This is going to be my one homer pick in this draft.

He's my homer pick simply because I played against him in high school and its great to see a MAC (high school conference) prospect make it to the NFL.

As good a reason to take him as many offered in other Mocks... and even better than some.

Played against a QB in this year's draft? Really?

And here I'd had you figured as a fellow old fart from my first day here... Unless you were held back for multiple decades your posts are too insightful, too mature to have played against someone in the draft. But were that the case I doubt your spelling and grammar would be as impeccable as it consistently is.

Well, Sonny, you sure had me fooled.

As good a reason to take him as many offered in other Mocks... and even better than some.

Played against a QB in this year's draft? Really?

And here I'd had you figured as a fellow old fart from my first day here... Unless you were held back for multiple decades your posts are too insightful, too mature to have played against someone in the draft. But were that the case I doubt your spelling and grammar would be as impeccable as it consistently is.

Well, Sonny, you sure had me fooled.

Probably because I'm a teacher and my fire fox also has spell check on it. But trust me my grammar sucks.

3.0 to go up sometime tonight before the draft starts.

Archived