THE BROWNS BOARD

Everyones Draft Weekend Plans

Harry Buffalo

Some people don't even watch and they wait for news on who we picked, while others watch every second of the draft until the last team picks and then track who gets signed as UDFA. My question is what do you guys tend to do on draft weekend?

Personally, during the last 3 drafts I have watched just about every minute of the draft from beginning to end, or at least until the Browns make their last pick. Me and my old roommate went to his dads trailer on Lake Erie for rounds 2-7 one year and spent afternoons at a near by sports bar watching the draft which was a blast.

Now that I actually work and live on my own I think this years going to suck a bit, but I'm planning on taking Friday off cause I plan on watching the whole 1st round and staying up late reading shit on who we select and then using Friday before the draft to sleep and do fun shit before rounds 2-3 start, then binge watching on Saturday for rounds 4-7.

1) I'm going to the Draft Party in Cleveland with Calfoxwc, another friend, & my 6 year old Grandson, Michael, who is a HUGE Browns' Fan (he & I will be wearing our Joe Thomas jerseys).

2) I'll watch the remainder of the Draft on TV, either at home or at a local sports bar.

3) Tracking UDFA signings may be my favorite part of player acquisition. These guys usually have no sense of entitlement & play with a chip on their shoulder. Some true "diamonds in the rough" surface here. True "rags to riches" stories.

I have always loved the Draft & this year I'm actually confident in what we'll do.

Mike

i stock my 'bar' with something light like corona, have plenty of lime and throw a bottle of stoli in the freezer.

come into the bedroom where i have my office and put the 42" plasma on while i'm on the brownsboard TAVERN. it's pretty cool to read the comments before and after each pick.

it's a roller coaster ride for sure. i'll do the same friday night. by saturday though there's only a couple of stragglers left here so i'll watch the rest of the rounds at the local watering hole.

I'll be in Cleveland. Flying Friday night though, so will miss some of Day 2. Thursday night I'm staying home with some whiskey and my laptop.

If anyone wants to meet up on the west side for Saturday, it'd be fun to grab a drink or two and watch the final rounds. Message me on here

Sucks being a Cleveland fan in the LA area. I have a buddy who is from Ohio but is moving to San Diego. A lot of Raider fans who end up somewhat watching the Browns due to me. LOL converting them slowly

I work 2nd shift, but I took Thursday and Friday off to be able to watch it. I know the wife will want to go out Friday night so I may suggest Roosters in Canton so I'll still be able to watch.

I work 2nd shift, but I took Thursday and Friday off to be able to watch it. I know the wife will want to go out Friday night so I may suggest Roosters in Canton so I'll still be able to watch.

Good idea. Roosters has excellent prices & the TVs are well positioned. If you decide to head there, shoot me a PM if you want. It's always good to meet another board member & I just may spring for a round.

Mike

They have rootbeer at Roosters?

Yeah Mike, I just called 'em & they DO have rootbeer. Fountain drink, not cans or bottles.

Mike

I asked off Friday as in I'm using a personal day from teaching fuck it, I get three personal days a year and I'm gonna us em. Sucky thing for me though is I live north of Indy at the moment, and even when I'm back home in Ohio none of my immediate friends are Browns fans.

Same here. I haven't touched a personal day this school year and I'm cashing in.

I'll watch every minute of the draft.

Last winter I was co-oping with an auto company and had to get up at 4am the day after rd 1 to get into work early. I got like 2 hours of sleep but it was worth it.

Since it falls later this year I'll be back in Strongsville for it instead of Ann Arbor. I'll have to see which of my buddies are back home.

Either way, I'll watch every minute of it going back and forth between ESPN and NFL Network

I will say actually sitting and watching the draft last year was the most boring experience of my life. That was why I was losing my shit over those trades. Not because they weren't good value but because they made me watch the first half of Saturdays draft show without a Browns selection.

I'm in San Diego too. Lots of Browns fans down here. Well, not really, but not many chargers fans until the playoffs. Until then it's a mixed bag haha

So, both you and MarkO live there.

I have thought about that area for retirement...but the wife says NO, because of the cost of real estate and the cost of living. My wife is probably right....but I would like her to be wrong.

Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.

I will be at The Red Ivy in Chicago Thursday and Friday with other transplant Browns fans along with some friends- I generally watch every pick of the draft but Saturday conflicts with the regional ToughMudder race, I will be wearing my old peyton hillis jersey and getting draft updates during the race though.

I'll be on the couch with the lappie dialed into the Tavern for the duration. The question is which channel I'll be watching.

I'm pretty well tired of the main ESPN crew, especially after Chuckie was added, but like the guys behind the scene, e.g., Mort and Polian. However, I'm not sure how much I can take of the NFL Network crew.

I also like the 3-day set up. And once Wingo and company jump in (Day 3 IIRC) my channel dilemma disappears.

Can you tell me that she is wrong? That it is as cheap to live in San Diego as in Huntington WVA...or Akron Ohio.

LOL... dream on...

There are plenty of Browns Backer's taverns in the Cbus, about 30 miles down the 71, that will be rocking and rolling during the draft. I will be hangin in the chill zone with my 50" LG LED HD tv, however.

I've put a stop to my drinking and driving. My "leading a charmed life" status came to an end back in 2010 when I caught my first OVI after 40 years of rolling the dice.

Archived