THE BROWNS BOARD

Guard or inside linebacker

Tiott

Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?

QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?

Give me your thoughs

ILB.

Offense is much deeper than defense in this draft. I would strongly consider Mack at 4 and Shazier at 26 to switch to this position. Otherwise, maybe Skov or Smallwood.

As for guard, I don't see anything special about Sua'Filo, Jackson, and Yankey. I have Yankey rated the highest of the three, and I don't know why his stock is falling so badly. Regardless, I'd rather just pick up Dakota Dozier or Trai Turner with 3b or 4a.

I think that bringing in McQuistan will help the right side of the line....but to me it appears there will be good value at ILB in round 3. I've seen mocks with Borland falling to the third...so if the worst we can do is Christian Jones in the 3rd, I say wait for then, even though I think Shazier would kill it at ILB.

For guard...man I dont know. I think you wait until the third for that as well. Though, if Sua Filo falls to 35 I grab him, and if Yankee if there we consider it. I think a guard pick at 35 would be followed by a trade back ip into the second though. QB, WR, and CB will likely all be addressed by the end of the 2nd.

On second thought, give Pettine a solid ILB to play with a pick up a guard later. Who's the guy that tore his ACL, Brandon Thomas? I'd also get him as an UDFA.

i think someone will actually draft the kid thomas, torn ACL or not.

remember pettine and farmer are both D players and coach/scout so if there's a question of which way i think they lean on a pick if things are all square id think they'll go D. but i also believe they have to have answered those holes for there to be a question like that. i'm pretty sure they have their game plan which will probably surprise some and not so much others.

i think at this point we as fans are more worried about this shit than they are.

I am not worried about this draft. We may well be surprised by their game plan for the draft, but they're the Pros, not us. I'm just really anxious to see what they end up doing.

Mike

I am not worried about this draft. We may well be surprised by their game plan for the draft, but they're the Pros, not us. I'm just really anxious to see what they end up doing.

Mike

i've agreed with everything you've said about the draft so far. i'm just riding shotgun.

I'm really high on chrisitian Jones in the third, but I wouldn't allow that to prevent me from taking Mosley if he fell.... Idk this a tough one.. I also like Dakota Dozier at the bottom of the third, top of the fourth. If he is not available I would take Jawuan James in the fourth (he's a tackle) and let him push Schwartz. If he beats him out, Schwartz goes and plays guard like a little bitch ?

well wherever they decide to do it i hope they do take a guard somewhere and not a tackle (unless it's a top 3 guy, which IMO we don't need). shouldn't we finally draft someone who has actually played in that position instead of making them switch?

i know people will say it's not a big deal BUT if you've played inside the box for 7 years straight i think it makes a HUGE difference.

yes unfortunately i believe mack will be gone at 4 unless there is a run with the 2 top QBs and i don't see that happening unless houston or st. louis trade down.

the way everyone is on shazier's jock he won't last until 26.

I watched the Wisconsin vs. USC bowl game this last year. That MLB from Wisconsin is LEGIT! He should be there late in the second round. First 2 picks HAVE to be offense... Defense wasnt horrible last season. Offense, particularly QB was horrible!!

I watched the Wisconsin vs. USC bowl game this last year. That MLB from Wisconsin is LEGIT! He should be there late in the second round. First 2 picks HAVE to be offense... Defense wasnt horrible last season. Offense, particularly QB was horrible!!

you mean borland?

Three ILBs I really like are Borland, Skov, & Bullough (in that order). I'm a little surprised they aren't rated higher 'cuz those guys are PLAYERS! They all strike me as "Pettine types" who will get their noses bloody & I would LOVE picking up 2 of 'em. All blue collar players. If names mean anything, tell me Max Bullough wasn't BORN to be a linebacker! LOL

Mike

Yeah, thats the guy. I was really impressed with him. Scouts probably knock his speed, but Carolina is a d@^% fast program and he did great! This draft is absolutely make or break! I'm so sick of this team not even getting a chance because of p*ss poor draft decisions. The good news is....the browns have great options (in my opinion) in areas of absolute need. Being in SC (and being an OSU/Clemson fan) I've been watching Watkins play for 3 years. That dude is Deion Sanders at WR! But if you take a QB, (which would be my choice JohnnyM). There's something like 7 other WR's that are sick!. I'm hopefully, this season there are 3 games close enough to make. (ATL, Charlotte, Nashville.)

Which one of these two positions should be adress first ? Which one is the most important right now for the Browns ?

QB, corner and wide receiver are the biggest needs of this team. But where should they go after ?

Give me your thoughs

I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.

And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.

Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.

My problem is my ILB of choice, Chris Borland, won't last until the Rnd 3.

I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.

i think someone will actually draft the kid thomas, torn ACL or not.

Agree... I would tab Brandon as high as with one of our 6th round picks even if we land Xavier.

Yeah, (Borland's) the guy. I was really impressed with him. Scouts probably knock his speed, but Carolina is a d@^% fast program and he did great!

They knock his speed and size, but you have to love his motor. He's just the kind of spark plug that can ignite a D...

I really see a "need" to add a 2nd-2nd-round pick around the #15-20 range. If we do not, then the first half of Day 2 is going to include a very, very long wait while we watch nearly all of the significant 2014 talent roll off the board.

I'm with ya here. Acquiring a second 2nd rounder, without trading down in the first, could very well be the difference between a good and great draft. Could be done by giving up both 3rds (then moving both 4ths to get back into the 3rd) or by a combination of our 3a, 4a, and something like 6 or 7. I personally prefer the latter, and all the better if it means we can grab a QB to groom, and a WR, CB, ILB, and OG with day one starting potential by 3b.

I agree. I think he could end up being one of the bigger steals of the draft if he recovers to form for 2015.

Weren't we saying this about Chris Faulk a year ago? He was a first round prospect entering his final year, tore his leg (not sure which part) and then went undrafted. We picked him up, red-shirted him and now he's ready to go.

very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?

very very very doubtful that any of these guys....Borland, Bullough, Mosley.....last into the 2nd round. Mosley for sure is going 1st round, maybe we get lucky and Borland or Bullough is still there when we pick in the 2nd. I'm gonna assume though that if Mosley is still there at 26 we're taking him if we didn't take Mack with #4. I still want us ideally to take Mack and have him play ILB with Dansby. With Mack playing next to him Dansby could have some career numbers nearing the end of his playing time kind of like Lewis did with Ellerbe. THe one issue I have with Mosley though is he's smallish, kind of like Shazier. 3-4 ILB'ers need to be a little bit bigger and stronger. I think Borland or Bullough might fit our scheme better I dunno. I really do hope they pick Mack though...he's the prototype ILB build with freakish athleticism that the Steelers have been coveting for decades now. Why can't we learn from them?

if mack is there at 4 (which i doubt) then the only reason we WOULDN"T pick him is the FO is going to draft a QB then.

simple as that.

I agree on both counts. I think going after him later than #35 is iffy. I would also like to see another 2nd rounder, but don't want to part with any of our 3rd & 4th rounders. Possibly trade a current DL or OLB (I really believe we MAY get Mack at 4) plus maybe a late pick for another #2?? Who knows? Certainly not me.

Once again......."We'll see".

Mike

Were we watching the same Team the last 7 games (more really) of the Season ?

I think impact ILBs are scarcer in this draft, but the choice order absolutely depends upon the way the draft falls. While I think ILB is the more important position, that would not influence my draft order.

And I do not wait until after our perceived QB, WR and CB "needs" are all met before I address other positions.

Xavier Sua-Filo-dough is my OG of choice and could fall as low as our #3 in Rnd 2.

I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.

Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.

Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).

Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.

Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB :D

I agree, ILB I think is the higher need of these two positions, and also that there don't seem to be a lot of great ones available.

Clowney's a OLB/DL, likely will be gone, and it'd be a waste making him a ILB.

Mosley will be probably be gone, unless we do some type of trade deal (Dallas/Detroit?).

Shazier is another OLB, he's a bit light, but then again so is Mingo.

Looking at Shazier's Combine numbers, he'd make a good CB :D

who did ever talk about making Clowney an ILB? please tell me not someone here? If we draft Mack at 4 that's who we're going to groom to play inside with Dansby even though there will be a lot of downs where we line him up at OLB to take advantage of his pass rush. Mack may not be an every down OLB in the NFL. To do that he'd have to put on more weight to be able to hold up the run...which is something I'm not sure we'd want him to do. We have good run stoppers on the edge with Kruger and Sheard who will funnel the run game into Dansby and Mack....I like that scenario. Than on passing downs we can get creative with Mack. I really think this is who we should take if the kid is smart and has the potential to be a field general.

Archived