THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiper and McShay joint mock

DownSouthKC

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10853573/2014-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-go-head-head-three-round-mock

The link ($) is above.

Basically one picked after the other and they ran through 3 rounds.

Browns results

1st

Johnny Manziel QB, TAMU

Bruce Ellington WR, SoCar

2nd

Bradley Roby CB, OSU

3rd

Bishop Sankey RB, Washington

Brandon Thomas G, Clemson

I HATE the Ellington pick, especially with Kelvin Benjamin, DaVante Adams, Cody Latimer still on the board. Other than that super-reach I don't mind the rest of it. Fill holes, add excitement. I can dig it. can you?

Fucking. Garbage. I hate Kiper with a passion... Cheesy haired bungling bumbling doofus with absolutely no credentials other than wanting to be apart of the NFL crowd. Flip flops more than Barack Hussein Obama. God help us all.

Bruce Ellington? Are you fucking smoking crack Kiper/McShay? With Kelvin Benjamin and Davante Adams still on the board? Fuck me they have lost their goddamned noodles this time. Again God help us all.....

yeah i saw mcshay bring up on a segment with kiper yesterday (ESPN ugh) that 'everyone should be paying more attention to ellington, all he does is catch passes blah blah blah which exactly what he said about landry 30 secs before.

When I get the time I would like to research theses idiots previous mock drafts through the years. I can't see them being anywhere close to what actually happens on draft day

Just done a quick look at their final mocks from last year (here), and comparing against reality isn't pretty. Excluding trades:

Mel Kiper correct picks - 1 out of 24

Todd McShay - 4

MK correct position projections - 5

TM - 9

"Just done a quick look at their final mocks from last year (here), and comparing against reality isn't pretty. Excluding trades:

Mel Kiper correct picks - 1 out of 24

Todd McShay - 4

MK correct position projections - 5

TM - 9"

Not surprised. Pretty good gig there at ESPN. I would be willing to bet Mike and Mike would do better than that.

Bruce Ellington - 5'9", 197lb, 4.45 40-yd.

STRENGTHS: Short but possesses a stout, athletic frame with broad shoulders and a thick lower half. Excellent quickness at the snap to avoid press coverage. Possesses the burst to put defenders on their heels, as well as very good lateral agility and a hesitation move that leaves corners guessing. Good fluidity and balance as a route-runner. Best attribute is his body control and hand-eye coordination when the ball is in the air. Shows the ability to contort his body to adjust and possesses very natural hands and a surprisingly wide catch radius to extend and pluck. Can track over either shoulder, as well as turn back and time his leap well to out-jump taller, bigger defenders. Good vision, elusiveness and acceleration with the ball in his hands. Talented returner who shows no hesitancy in attacking holes. Starting point guard for the Gamecocks over his first two seasons, averaging 11.4 points per game over his career. Cousin, Andre Ellington, impressed as a rookie running back in 2013 as a member of the Arizona Cardinals.

WEAKNESSES: Short. Wasn't asked to run a full route-tree with the Gamecocks and as such is a bit of a project in this regard. Relies on his burst and athleticism to get open and will freelance to do so, leaving his quarterback in the difficult position of having to predict when he'll make his breaks. Extends his arms but doesn't block with passion despite his stout frame. Gets to top speed quickly but does not possess a second gear to break away. Basketball was clearly a priority for Ellington while at South Carolina and scouts will want to investigate how much he is committed to improving in football. COMPARES TO: Randall Cobb, Green Bay Packers - Ellington has a long way to go as a route-runner before he'll be confused with Cobb, one of the NFL's most dangerous receivers, but the short, thick frame, raw athleticism and versatility are there. Perhaps even better, each has shown a history of making the game-changing play.

I've seen him play many times. Good looking prospect for late 2nd or 3rd round. Big reach at 26.

Huge reach. Considering that there were a lot better options still available as well. But something like this is going to happen on draft day which is what I think they were mostly trying to get across. Every year some team picks guy like Ellington real early for whatever reason. The reason I think it was stupid was because they said Manziel was their gamble pick for the Browns and then they turn right around with an even bigger out of no where gamble.

Here's a list of some Draft Mockers records for last year :

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/mockdrafts.shtml

This one has 5 year averages plus each year of those 5 years :

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/scoring/top100.shtml

For the 5 year average, Kiper was ranked 20th.

I don't even see McShay listed here unless he's under a "Publication".

FYI, Mayock is #9 over 5 years.

The Browns are going to draft like Scott Crichton or Louis Nix at 26 and everyone here is going to lose their minds.

I have a feeling we'll see someone early on that's not a position of need, just because he's BPA, and Nix might just be that guy.

Archived