THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Foles for the 4th pick ?

Tiott

I'm watching First take right now. They are talking about Manziel to the Eagles. Just something i was thinking about, Would you like the Browns trade the 4th pick for Foles ? Philly might be interested in Manziel since Chip Kelly loves him.

I'm watching First take right now. They are talking about Manziel to the Eagles. Just something i was thinking about, Would you like the Browns trade the 4th pick for Foles ? Philly might be interested in Manziel since Chip Kelly loves him.

Where does Philly pick in round 1?

I want to make them the donkey of the draft: We give them #4, we get their #1 this year, their #1 next year, and Foles.

I saw the same thing... I wondered about that and I don't think the Browns would trade down to #22 without getting Foles and AT LEAST next year's 1st, 3rd and 4th Rd picks plus more.

Even still, I don't like it. You are passing up a shot at getting a true star at #4 (Watkins, Clowney, Mack and yes - Manziel or Bortles...).

I still don't understand the infatuation with Foles. He had a decent to pretty good half of a season in an uptempo (and still new to NFL defenses) offensive full of playmakers. Is there something I'm missing here?

Exactly... At this point, I'd rather keep the picks for a large ransom and see what Hoyer can do. He had a few decent games with absolute garbage around him in 2013. The fact that we picked up Tate should alleviate some of those worries, but damn... Foles has yet to play a full season too.

I am worried about a Manziel pick though. If we take him - there is no way the regular fan-base will put up with him on the bench. They will end up cheering for Hoyer to get hurt so Manziel can play. (Need reference? - link)

Another crackhead pre draft rumor to fill air time- it ain't happening. Need a reference? What would Browns fans have done after Anderson's big year if they had traded him away to take a shot at Johnny Football? If you think riot, you'd be right.

Let's see, we've got Manziel rumors to the Texans- Jaguars- Browns- Raiders- Vikings- Bucs- Titans- Cowboys. Now the Eagles. I'm sure the Cowboys have already offered any team in the top 4 Tony Romo and their first round pick so they can draft the Second Coming.

Why call it an infatuation with Foles? I don't think Pettine and the boys are infatuated with anyone. It's more like, keep the one you are at the dance with and be a good lead so they dance well enough not to stink. No one is acting like Foles is the key to paradise except maybe those that want Johnny Football to be the dancer.

Why call it an infatuation with Foles? I don't think Pettine and the boys are infatuated with anyone. It's more like, keep the one you are at the dance with and be a good lead so they dance well enough not to stink. No one is acting like Foles is the key to paradise except maybe those that want Johnny Football to be the dancer.

I wasn't speaking of Pettine or the coaching staff, just in general amongst the media and posters on this board.

As for your dancer/dancing analogy, that makes no sense whatsoever.

dropping from the #4 for Foles and future picks? You're kidding right? Those future picks ain't gonna be very high anyway cause that's gonna be a good team for a few years to come. That's an absurd idea.

Who said future picks ? I'm talking about Foles for the 4th pick. Period. I would personnaly do it in a heartbeat. This kid is tremendous. He was one of the most valuable players last year.

13 games 203/ 317 completions for 64.0% 2,891 yards 27 touchdowns to 2 interceptions and a QB rating of 119

So based on his year to stats we wouldnt want him?? I mean really who needs that??

I suppose some of you are aware of someone we have already this good or someone we KNOW we can draft that will produce that? Listen I am not sure if I would make the trade either but to just dismiss it with short responses like "hell no" , " etc seriously have you all gone fucking insane?? Quit smoking the draft crack pipe and consider things sensibly.

If you can get their first, Foles and their 2nd next year you have to take a VERY long hard look at this. Either way its all horsecrap in all likeilihood as I dont think they would want to let him go.

I still don't understand the infatuation with Foles. He had a decent to pretty good half of a season in an uptempo (and still new to NFL defenses) offensive full of playmakers. Is there something I'm missing here?

take a look at the game by game stats and number of games played in 2013 and then reevaluate your grasp of fractions

Who said future picks ? I'm talking about Foles for the 4th pick. Period. I would personnaly do it in a heartbeat. This kid is tremendous. He was one of the most valuable players last year.

No, at minimum I want their #1 this year as well. (and their #1 next year....though that might be stretching it)

take a look at the game by game stats and number of games played in 2013 and then reevaluate your grasp of fractions

So McCoy, Jackson and Chip Kelly had nothing to do with his success? He landed in an ideal situation (favorable offense, good coaching, excellent supporting cast) and made the most of his opportunities after being the last option remaining. Forgive me for not jumping on the d and gladly offering up the 4th pick in the draft for a QB who is, for the time being, a flash in the pan.

I'll tell you what, if he puts up similar numbers (TD:INT ratio included) this upcoming year then I'll consider thinking highly of him. Until then, I'm going to remain skeptical.

So McCoy, Jackson and Chip Kelly had nothing to do with his success? He landed in an ideal situation (favorable offense, good coaching, excellent supporting cast) and made the most of his opportunities after being the last option remaining. Forgive me for not jumping on the d and gladly offering up the 4th pick in the draft for a QB who is, for the time being, a flash in the pan.

I'll tell you what, if he puts up similar numbers (TD:INT ratio included) this upcoming year then I'll consider thinking highly of him. Until then, I'm going to remain skeptical.

They did no more for him in my opinion than Tate, Gordon and Shanahan can. Those three had very little to do with the fact he threw only 2 interceptions vs 27 TD's. I am not declaring him the next Joe Montana but I wouldnt be upset if he was a Brown thats all I am saying.

Foles for 26 absolutely. Foles for 26 and a 3rd probably. Foles for the 4? I'm not so sure. Hard to pass up a pro bowl QB though. I'd definitely trade the 26 and a 3rd for him, draft Watkins if he is there or even Mike Evans and have the nastiest pass attack in the L.

Who said future picks ? I'm talking about Foles for the 4th pick. Period. I would personally do it in a heartbeat. This kid is tremendous. He was one of the most valuable players last year.

So would any GM in the NFL- good Lord, can this stupid speculation already. IT AIN'T HAPPENING. What's next? the Patriots are going to trade Brady and a couple of first round picks to draft JF?

13 games 203/ 317 completions for 64.0% 2,891 yards 27 touchdowns to 2 interceptions and a QB rating of 119

So based on his year to stats we wouldnt want him?? I mean really who needs that??

I suppose some of you are aware of someone we have already this good or someone we KNOW we can draft that will produce that? Listen I am not sure if I would make the trade either but to just dismiss it with short responses like "hell no" , " etc seriously have you all gone fucking insane?? Quit smoking the draft crack pipe and consider things sensibly.

If you can get their first, Foles and their 2nd next year you have to take a VERY long hard look at this. Either way its all horsecrap in all likeilihood as I dont think they would want to let him go.

this has gotten to just plain ozone crackhead level speculation. EARTH TO THE BOARD- KINDLY COME BACK FROM OUTER SPACE. Try to keep draft scenarios somewhat in the realm of possibility.

On a realistic level, for the Browns to land Foles, it would cost our first round pick, and maybe Joe Haden. kindly get real with the fantasy..

well that's just an even worse idea. So you wouldn't ask "at least" for their #1 this year to go with it? Foles is just that good huh? Whether he is or isn't, you still don't do a straight up trade like that. If you look at the possibilities of who the Eagles could pick up at #4, getting "just" Foles for that seems kind of absurd don't you think? Plenty of awful qb's have had 1 good year. You don't trade straight up like that unless it's a proven qb, upper echelon type guy who's done it year after year for a few years. Foles is not that guy.

well that's just an even worse idea. So you wouldn't ask "at least" for their #1 this year to go with it? Foles is just that good huh? Whether he is or isn't, you still don't do a straight up trade like that. If you look at the possibilities of who the Eagles could pick up at #4, getting "just" Foles for that seems kind of absurd don't you think? Plenty of awful qb's have had 1 good year. You don't trade straight up like that unless it's a proven qb, upper echelon type guy who's done it year after year for a few years. Foles is not that guy.

This.

And I agree this whole discussion is a bunch of hummdingerin malarkey.

Archived