THE BROWNS BOARD

Official NFL Draft Discussion

LBC mike

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Watkins has gone the best player left ......... if 1,2,3 are Clowney, Watkins, Mack then either Evans or Robinson

Trade down to the 10-11 range and grab a top corner

I like this idea! For me, ideally JF slides to their and we get him. Then also have more picks for WR, CB, ILB. ETC....

Lets assume the #26 pick is a QB.

Evans?

If Watkins, Mack & Clowney are all off the board, I try and trade out of the pick, no lower than #9.

We can't assume cause at #4 pick #26 hasn't happened yet. How about we assume that QB isn't the pick at #4. I think that works better. Honestly I don't see us going QB or OL at #4, so I think it comes down to 4 players. Watkins, Evans, Mack, and Donald.

Just took Phil Taylor's option for 5th year. I feel like Mack would be a great replacement for D'Qwell Jackson (and eerily similar to one of the characters in movie Draft Day).

That said - I'd really like to see us trade down with Minnesota or Tampa and grab WR, Mike Evans or CB, Darqueze Dennard.

Then, if the front office is truly sold on a QB as our second pick in Rd. 1 - use whatever pick(s) Minnesota/Tampa gave us to move up (assuming they are mid/late-round picks for this or next year) to move up and grab the QB we want in the teens or twenties.

Just took Phil Taylor's option for 5th year. I feel like Mack would be a great replacement for D'Qwell Jackson (and eerily similar to one of the characters in movie Draft Day).

That said - I'd really like to see us trade down with Minnesota or Tampa and grab WR, Mike Evans or CB, Darqueze Dennard.

Then, if the front office is truly sold on a QB as our second pick in Rd. 1 - use whatever pick(s) Minnesota/Tampa gave us to move up (assuming they are mid/late-round picks for this or next year) to move up and grab the QB we want in the teens or twenties.

I'm sure a lot of people would like to see us move down, but that doesn't mean it will happen and it doesn't mean its even possible. Someone has to be willing to not only offer a trade to the Browns, but offer one that makes sense. That's why I don't get jazzed up about trades and why I am dumb founded when I read how mad people get on this board get when they claim we should have traded down, when they have no idea what a kind of trade offers the team got, if any.

Yes we picked up Taylors option. Taylor is a NT, Donald is a 3-4 DE. Rubin is on his final year of his contract. Don't be surprised if our FO is taking a serious look at Donald. Also if we are drafting Mack to be a full time ILB starter, it's a wasted pick. He is going split time between ILB and OLB, or play full time at OLB for the pick to make sense. He is a weapon who at the very least needs to spend 50% of his snaps going after the QB.

Clowney.

If he's gone as well... Matthews.

If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.

I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.

Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.

Clowney.

If he's gone as well... Matthews.

If he's gone as well then I'm taking Carr and avoiding a trade up from 26 to make sure we land him.

I would rather take Carr at 4 and risk a trade up from 26 for one of the Top 2 WRs or Top 2 CBs(which I'm hearing is now actually 4 really good players). Than risk losing the Franchise QB trying to get cute and draft him at his perceived draft slot, which is dumb.

Anybody who's ever played a pickup game of basketball knows that while you may be better than somebody else, it's all about how the person picking sees the person they are picking and in what light they are looking at them in.

I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.

I finally heard Carr interview on ESPN radio.. The guy is so well spoken, if he can't make it on the field, there's a job waiting for him in the broadcast booth. That said PG- Carr is a tremendous reach @ #4. There are serious, serious questions about his ability to handle pressure. Frankly, I see a lot of the second coming of Brandon Wee-done in Carr. He's about 10th on my list @ #4.

As Rich would say..."very astute"...All joking aside...I have the very same concern...I'm ok at 26 but hell no @#4...Not in My neighborhood....My biggest fear..(facepalms) is the browns trade Alex Mack and a #1 to the Jag's to get they're spot and take whomever (insert name here)..the worst I would accept is trade down a spot or 2 if your guy isnt there.

Edit: Yeah...that's asking way too much and most likely (We hope) that never happens "LOL"

I made my post because of the "experts" on the mock draft portion of nfl.com have us taking Sammy at #4 and a QB at 26 (Carr, Bridgewater and Bortles). Sammy is an immediate impact player and there might be a good chance that he is gone at #4. None of them have us taking Manziel. ;)

Alex Mack has a no trade clause in his contract that he just signed. Fear not my friend, he isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years. After the 2nd year he can opt out if he wants to hit free agency.

As Rich would say..."very astute"...All joking aside...I have the very same concern...I'm ok at 26 but hell no @#4...Not in My neighborhood....My biggest fear..(facepalms) is the browns trade Alex Mack and a #1 to the Jag's to get they're spot and take whomever (insert name here)..the worst I would accept is trade down a spot or 2 if your guy isnt there.

Edit: Yeah...that's asking way too much and most likely (We hope) that never happens "LOL"

What's the worst case scenario....Clowney at 1, Watkins to the Rams at 2 and Mack to the Jags at 3 or some such combination. I would hope at that point that we can trade back a bit to someone who really wants one of the QBs.

If Watkins and Mack were at the top of their board, and they are both gone,

I'd trade back.

Odell Beckham Jr.'s stock keeps rising....

I am not in favor of drafting an OL at #4....even though it could work out. I guess I am a Ghoolie disciple in this regard...at least for this draft.

I want an impact player. That could certainly be Clowney, Mack, Watkins. If all three of those are taken....then the choice could be down to an OL or a QB.

Or....who else would be worthy of #4 if not one of those 3 and not OL or QB?

Mike Evans?

Barr?

Denard?

Clinton-Dix?

Marquise Lee?

Mosley?

It sounds to me that yes, if those 3 are gone...and no OL or QB is worth it, then trading down would be a plausible ploy.

Justin Gilbert.

that's the route i'd go if we could find someone to trade back with like minnesota and take gilbert or fuller. evans will be gone by 8. i know it's a reach at 4 but if the top 3 mentioned above are gone, hell evans or one of those 2 CBs is more of a sure thing than any one of the QBs.

This isn't really to you mik, or anyone in particular, it's just an observation I've made about the draft in general.

There are so many people that keep saying that drafting this guy at this spot would be a reach or taking so-and-so 5 spots before his supposed draft slot would be reaching.

The point is... Say you like a guy and want to draft him. You hold the 8th pick - the guy you want is not seen as a top ten pick, but he will be gone by the 20th pick. If you cannot find a trade partner to drop some and then pick him up, you either take him when you have the chance to do so or he will be gone by the next time you are on the clock.

By this, most teams hold only one first round draft pick, so if there is a player that is a first round talent and he'll be gone by your next pick in the second - There is no way that that is a reach.

Just an observation. Take the players you want when you have the chance to do it.

This isn't really to you mik, or anyone in particular, it's just an observation I've made about the draft in general.

There are so many people that keep saying that drafting this guy at this spot would be a reach or taking so-and-so 5 spots before his supposed draft slot would be reaching.

The point is... Say you like a guy and want to draft him. You hold the 8th pick - the guy you want is not seen as a top ten pick, but he will be gone by the 20th pick. If you cannot find a trade partner to drop some and then pick him up, you either take him when you have the chance to do so or he will be gone by the next time you are on the clock.

By this, most teams hold only one first round draft pick, so if there is a player that is a first round talent and he'll be gone by your next pick in the second - There is no way that that is a reach.

Just an observation. Take the players you want when you have the chance to do it.

Who's the player your talking about?

Archived