THE BROWNS BOARD

Official NFL Draft Discussion

LBC mike

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many players available with first round talent that I honestly wouldn't mind trade down to a few picks with Carr or Gorrapalo falls to us. Maybe we can convince the Vikes to move back up for for their 4th, or our 5th pack plus 6, and 7.

The one thing I don't want to see is us trading back up into the middle/bottom of the second. We can come away from this draft with 8 players, and I think we need to do that. We can trill grab good talent with our 3rd round pick, and we need to keep what is left of our later round picks, cause picking smart in those spots is what makes good franchises. The Seahawks traded back to 40 for a 4th round pick last night, because they feel confident that they can still get a 1st round talent at 40 and they know they can at the very least find a very solid contributor, if not a future start, back in the 4th round.

Players I would like to see us take in the 2nd and in no particular order.

WR: Robinson, Lee, Matthews, Latimor

OL: Su'a-Filo, Bitonio

OLB: Van Noy, Attaochu

That is 8 players that I think would be fantastic selections in the top of the 2nd round and we are picking 3rd. This is why I could seriously deal with us moving back a few spots for some extra late round picks to take swings on.

Has anyone seen what we gave Philly to move up 4 spots? I'm hoping we still have both 3rds. With our 2nd and the two 3rds we should get our G, WR and ILB. RB I'm the 4th.

We gave up the 2nd 3rd round pick to move up. The way farmer's been making moves though it wouldn't shock me to see us move into the 2nd or 3rd for the right guy.

these were masterful moves.

farmer should be applauded.

BTW fuck the people at radio city music hall. get dressed up, pay a ton of money, stand around for hours w/o being able to take a piss and then boo a kid who is living his dream.

go shit in a hat mother douchebags

these were masterful moves.

farmer should be applauded.

BTW fuck the people at radio city music hall. get dressed up, pay a ton of money, stand around for hours w/o being able to take a piss and then boo a kid who is living his dream.

go shit in a hat mother douchebags

No kidding. Losers. I do love the booing of Goodell, but he's a man and he deserves it.

I think some prospects that are getting overlooked are Tuitt and Hageman. Both are prototype 3-4 ends and have those long arms to knock down passes.

I think Rubin is more of a nose tackle and while I like Winn I don't know if he is ready for a full time starting gig.

I agree. Tuitt is more of a safer pick. Looks to at least be a solid starter at 3-4 DE with a handful of pro bowls being his ceiling. Hageman is more of a boom or bust prospect with a higher ceiling but lower floor. He is an athletic freak with the ability to be close to JJ Watts level, but that all depends on where his mind is at. Has been known to take plays off, might not have a lot of passion.

I would be fine with either, which again is why I would like to see us trade back and pick up some later round picks, maybe to grab a 4th or get back or 5th. I wouldn't be mad with multiple picks for next season to move back either, such as grabbing a 3rd and 4th rounder.

I'm all in for the trade ups that we did, but I still believe in the Seahawks model. We need to have a plus chest of mid to late round picks and we need to hit on them. Getting top play makers in the 1st and 2nd is great and easier to do, but getting solid starters and future stars from the 3rd and later is how you can turn the franchise around in a short amount of time.

Archived