THE BROWNS BOARD

Biggest Steal of the 1st Round (Not Counting JF)

Harry Buffalo

Who was the Biggest Steal in Round 1 (Not Counting Johnny)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Biggest Round 1 Steal Not Counting Johnny

• Pick #5 Kalil Mack
    • Pick #13 Aaron Donald
    • Pick #16 Zach Martin
    • Pick #21 Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
    • Pick #24 Darqueze Dennard
    • Pick #32 Teddy Bridgewater
    • Other (Please Explain)

I'm not so sure there was a steal. Everybody went where they were slotted except a couple of players lead by Blake Bortles to JAX.

There were steals. Maybe less so with the top picks because they didn't fall too far from where they were projected, but when you get Mack at 5 with his kind of talent and very few people thought he would be available there, I would consider that a steal. Just like how both Dennard and Clinton-Dix were considered top 16 picks and they both fell past 20. Or even Bridgewater, who many considered to go late 1st early 2nd, was once considered to be the best player in the draft and was picked by a team who traded ahead of another to steal him from them.

The biggest steal of the draft was Cleveland swiping a first from Buffalo and still getting the best CB in the draft.

The biggest steal of the draft was Cleveland swiping a first from Buffalo and still getting the best CB in the draft.

This.

But aside from that, I would have to say Dennard. IMO he was a top 16 talent, very polished and very versatile, and Cinci got a steal of a pick.

Someone told me the Bills/Browns trade had a lot to do with the Bills pending sale. Basically they want to go all-out next year so new owner keeps regime, and if new owner doesn't they won't care that they lost their first round pick because they'll be gone.

Archived