THE BROWNS BOARD

Who made out the best in day 1?

SCDawg82

Vikings: Close second Cleveland.

They got a sick OLB who I thought was better than Mack. Then they ruined the Texans by coming up and getting a QB that can probably start for them day 1!

Cleveland won the day, Bar None, hands down. With Gilbert, Manziel and an extra 1st rounder next year. We DID IT!

Farmer is a genius.

Oz2.0?

Hoping we can pull off Sua Filo followed by Moncrief or better. It would surprise me to see no trades tonight. With Carr possibly sitting at 3, someone may jump the raiders for him, and we still could pull Sua Filo, Robinson, Matthews or any other equivalent WR in the 2nd.

Cleveland won the day, Bar None, hands down. With Gilbert, Manziel and an extra 1st rounder next year. We DID IT!

Farmer is a genius.

Oz2.0?

Lol.

I actually agree with your for once too PoG, and no were not taking Carr with our second round pick so keep dreaming.

Top 3

Cleveland

Minnesota

St Louis

Bottom 3

Miami ( Reached for a projected 3rd rounder )

Dallas ( Needed D badly )

Buffalo Bills ( Good pick....but gave up tonnes ) I am not complaining tho :)

Top 3

Cleveland

Minnesota

St Louis

Bottom 3

Miami ( Reached for a projected 3rd rounder )

Dallas ( Needed D badly )

Buffalo Bills ( Good pick....but gave up tonnes ) I am not complaining tho :)

Yeah....what the heck was that with Miami?! How piss are they?!

Id go OLine with 35. There are plenty of recievers available, and the oline talent will fall off a cliff mid second round. Some of the guys still available is shocking.

I agree here. With Houston potentially going QB and Washington going with a tackle (Moses? Koundjio?), that leaves Su'a-Filo to fall right into our laps. If someone else happens to trade up, we could still potentially take one of those available tackles and move Schwartz inside like some have suggested.

I watched the first round at a local Roosters in Newark, Ohio. First draft I've watched and fully focused on. The cheer that rang out when we traded down from 4 to 9 was awesome.The people there with families just to eat even perked up and flashed some smiles for us.

Then at 9, you here pockets of Browns fans saying things like "don't let it be Manziel," and pockets of other fans chanting "Manziel! Manziel!" Then the pick comes in. Crowd lowers the tone a bit. The Cleveland Browns select J-... all you hear is the J. Complete silence. J-ustin Gilbert. Fucking amazing. Cheers, high fives...lots of happy fans.

Those same fans cheered almost as loud when we turned in the card for Manziel, the same ones who didn't want him at 4 or 9, which included myself.

We had the best first round, and those extra picks in 2015 were just the icing on the cake. Let's hope they can follow up with a solid day 2.

I don't know the order but the top three so far as to go to the Browns, Rams, and Vikings.

Browns pull away with the Best CB in the draft, probably the best CB prospect since Peterson, though he is more on a Joe Haden level than a Peterson level.

They get a 1st round pick for next year

Then they get Johhny Manziel.

We lose some points for having to give up a 5th and 3rd round picks to trade up. I imagine the Lions and Bears were trying to trade up ahead of us but the Vikings fears there guy wouldn't be there. I understand the trade up for JF since both the Chiefs and Bengals were possible landing spots.

Rams on the other hand get a guy who is most likely going to be an all pro LT for many many years, and Aaron Donald who is likely going to be an all pro DT for many many years.

Then you have the Vikes. They grab a 5th rounder this year and still make sure they get their guy in Barr, who can be incredibly great, and then they trade back up ahead of the Texans for their QB in Teddy Twatwater.

1. Winners?

A Well, the Browns won the Public Relations Battle for certain, with all their moves and taking Johnny Football. On paper they are in the running for acquiring the best talent with Gilbert and Manziel. But getting that #1 next year is a real sweetener.

B. St. Louis with the choices to solidify offensive/defensive lines with Robinson and Aaron Donald

C. Cincinnati. Got a guy at #24 who most had in top 15: Dennard

2. Losers:

A. The Colts. They had no picks, and traded the pick they had for Trent Richardson

B. Washington. No pick...trade of #2 overall for RGIII.....but it may turn out OK eventually

C. Seattle. Had no pick....though I don't know if they really were losers.

D. New England....got an injured guy that was rated a 3rd rounder (Dominque Easley)

E. Eagles....also took a player that most had in the 3rd round Marcus Smith

F. Miami. Again, took a player that most had rated as a lower rounder Juwan Jones

G. Denver. Took Roby...who, unfortuneatly I think will bust...if things don't change.

Of course, time will tell. Maybe these guys I say are overdrafted could turn out to be Pro Bowlers/Hall of Famers.

I think Roby gets a bad rap for what happened last year. Christian Bryant going down really hurt this team. 2012 he played up on the line, bumping recievers because they had good safeties. Last year they had to play too much zone, 10 yds off the line, giving up the underneath stuff.

1. Winners?

A Well, the Browns won the Public Relations Battle for certain, with all their moves and taking Johnny Football. On paper they are in the running for acquiring the best talent with Gilbert and Manziel. But getting that #1 next year is a real sweetener.

B. St. Louis with the choices to solidify offensive/defensive lines with Robinson and Aaron Donald

C. Cincinnati. Got a guy at #24 who most had in top 15: Dennard

2. Losers:

A. The Colts. They had no picks, and traded the pick they had for Trent Richardson

B. Washington. No pick...trade of #2 overall for RGIII.....but it may turn out OK eventually

C. Seattle. Had no pick....though I don't know if they really were losers.

D. New England....got an injured guy that was rated a 3rd rounder (Dominque Easley)

E. Eagles....also took a player that most had in the 3rd round Marcus Smith

F. Miami. Again, took a player that most had rated as a lower rounder Juwan Jones

G. Denver. Took Roby...who, unfortuneatly I think will bust...if things don't change.

Of course, time will tell. Maybe these guys I say are overdrafted could turn out to be Pro Bowlers/Hall of Famers.

Well, they had a pick, they just traded it to the Vikings where they picked up Bridgewater.

Archived