THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

Wifes a Squeelers fan- but I love her anyway 363/365. The other 2 days she gets some serious trash talking and usually wakes up to my Chomps pillow pet peeing on her Squeelers blanket! WOOOOOOF!

lol.... Welcome to the Board! Mind if we call you "Issy" for short? ;)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all. Longtime Browns fan, new to the board. New to chat rooms in general. My Browns fandom goes back to the late 80s. Kosar, Michael Dean, Mighty Minnie, and in my mind the best trio of wideouts the Browns ever had in Slaughter, Langhorne, and Brennan.

Gotta admit l'm particularly fired up this year, and it's not based on who they got in the draft. Even in free agency, they went out and got the type of players they wanted, and put their money where their mouth was. From what l've read, seems like a lot of guaranteed money going out.

I think l like this Ray Farmer cat. The way the draft went down, l can't help but grin about it.

I think (ok, hope) that one of these unknown wideouts the Browns got is gonna step up in a significant way. Any thoughts on who that might be? Have any of you seen them in college, or have anything to say about any of them other than what l've read?

Seems Anthony Armstrong has some NFL experience. Sounds like Willie Snead had a solid college career. From what l've read not the fastest or tallest guy, but must have good hands with all those receiving yards. Maybe like a solid possession receiver, like Kevin Johnson? Also intrigued by the dude they got from the Packers practice squad last year, Charles Johnson. Sounds like he was a burner before the ACL injury. Is he healthy now? I kinda hoped there would be an article l could read on their performance in the OTAs, especially with the focus on that position, but l haven't seen one.

Okay, I can't speak for all Browns fans, just me. I'm mostly fine with the way he is being handled, though I think they could ease up on the rhetoric a tad. There is nothing wrong with putting a rookie in as your third stringer to start with and nothing wrong with telling him he has to earn being Johnny Football at the NFL level. Saying he needs to think like a backup and that if JM gets on the field it means another QB got hurt could be interpreted in a negative way so maybe that was questionable. If it were any other QB I'd be a little more worried but I think JM will just thrive off it. He'll put on a professional demeanor and say all the right things but deep inside it'll just make his fire burn hotter. I don't expect it will ultimately diminish his performance and it might enhance it.

This post is exemplary.

Agree 100%.

Archived