THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns Fans Introduce Yourselves

H-Town Brown

GREAT. JUST GREAT.

We've drafted a guy that goes all Bret Favre on Samantha Schacher. Wasted a 22nd pick in the 1st round.

LOL... real circus material there...

Google is your friend. Samantha says the whole thing is a hoax perpetrated by a "serial filer" and has never met Manziel... so there's that.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/05/samantha_schacher_says_johnny.html

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, it worries me that we think alike. :( On the other hand, I have a brother that lives near there, so that is one reason I have also thought hard about that area.

Should I be offended? ;) Why are you worried that we think alike?

I was hoping to find out the local perception of how your owner and front office are handling Manziel.

From the outside it looks pretty shoddy.

(a) can't keep things in-house

( B) over reacting to Manziel 'celebrity' by telling him to 'act like a back-up' and '...this isn't hollywood' etc

© seem to be going out of their way to show that Manziel is 'substantially behind' Hoyer

It seems like the front office is creating the spotlight they are trying to quell.

It seems as if Haslam and Farmer are media noobs that need to stfu.

Just wondering what the local view is on Manziel's handling by the front office.

Local view varies with the individual's temperature due to JM fever. It's very critical, if temp is as high as yours seems to be.

The "spotlight" came with the pick.

The only thing meant for in-house only that was "leaked" was the draft day text from JM. You remember it? It's the "wreck this league" one that made you wet.

But, yes, there are noobs that need to stfu.

Right, right. Like I said, I'm well aware of the national media when it comes to the local team. My post wasn't about whether or not the national media is allowed to cover Manziel.

I was hoping to find out the local perception of how your owner and front office are handling Manziel.

( B) over reacting to Manziel 'celebrity' by telling him to 'act like a back-up' and '...this isn't hollywood' etc

© seem to be going out of their way to show that Manziel is 'substantially behind' Hoyer

It seems like the front office is creating the spotlight they are trying to quell.

Just wondering what the local view is on Manziel's handling by the front office.

The local view is that we want a winning football team. True Browns fans don't give a fuck who the quarterback is as long as he wins. I hope JFF is that QB.

The only places worth going in SC are on the coast.

Upstate is garbage. It's hot, humid and miserable in the summer and there's very little breeze. Columbia is dirty, there's nothing ever going on, and it seemingly takes four hours to drive to anywhere from Columbia.

Clemson, however, is by far the worst. It's a cow pasture with a school plopped on it.

Glad u liked it

The local view is that we want a winning football team. True Browns fans don't give a fuck who the quarterback is as long as he wins. I hope JFF is that QB.

So you're saying you are not a true Browns fan?

Either that or you don't give a fuck about things you hope for...

Local view varies with the individual's temperature due to JM fever....

But, yes, there are noobs that need to stfu.

Your is the closest to a reply that I've received.

But still don't know a thing about how Browns fans feel about how their 1st round QB is being handled by their current regime.

Sweet!

Oh, wait let me guess....your the internet tough guy huh? That's your schtick right? Amiright or amiright? Lol, what a joke.

No, I just don't think it matters ...at all....about what the national media....or you or I think about how the Browns are handling JFF. I dont' think anything the media is saying is indicative...at all...about how JFF and the coaching staff will interact.

I am not sure how you may have misinterpreted that to think I was jumping into your shit. I just wasn't buying any of your premises.

.......I am not sure how you may have misinterpreted that to think I was jumping into your shit. I just wasn't buying any of your premises.

Me neither, lol...

...So get the fuck over it. No one gives a shit about what the view from outside looks like. This is fucking Cleveland, not some pusswad city.

So you're saying you are not a true Browns fan?

Either that or you don't give a fuck about things you hope for...

Quit being a smart ass Ghoulardi. Been here a LOT longer then you. I still think the only reason you ever came here is because you are a McCoy fag.

Kasich. Governor of Ohio. He has given tax break after tax break to the wealthy such that now the money that comes back to the cities has been cut drastically....and the road budgets have all suffered. And with the kinds of winters we have with freeze and thaw the roads really deteriorate.

With the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars from estate taxes the local city here had to get a .25 percent increase in the local income tax to apply to the roads. So, now, instead of the dead folks paying a minor percent of their million dollar or so estate, those costs now have to be born by all the minimum wage earners....or middle income wager earners.

Like I said elsewhere: bring on the pot tax.

Hell yes, bring on the pot tax. Maybe Ohio municipalities will back the fuck off and reduce the target on the back of LE and Fire Service members and retirees who bargained in good faith over the last 40 years for benefits now on the chopping block. After 911, I couldn't buy my own drink in a bar. These days you don't even want to mention you are a retired firefighter, especially in job hunting circumstances.

And so it goes.

fuck jackie

Charlotte, NC.

Well....I can't argue Charlotte. It is nicer than anywhere I've been in SC. Much higher taxes and way more Liberal though. I'll definitely be at the Panthers game this year!

Well....I can't argue Charlotte. It is nicer than anywhere I've been in SC. Much higher taxes and way more Liberal though. I'll definitely be at the Panthers game this year!

Charlotte is okay in that it has professional sports.

I was raised on the beach, though so it won't be long until I'm back in Myrtle Beach or Charleston.

Right, right. Like I said, I'm well aware of the national media when it comes to the local team. My post wasn't about whether or not the national media is allowed to cover Manziel.

But still don't know a thing about how Browns fans feel about how their 1st round QB is being handled by their current regime.

This Browns fan feels the coaching staff and FO are handling Manziel Mania just fine, and I don't give a rats ass that ESPN is all butt-hurt they can't turn Cleveland into the circus that Washington did with RGIII.

Quit being a smart ass Ghoulardi. Been here a LOT longer then you. I still think the only reason you ever came here is because you are a McCoy fag.

There's a seniority system? Turn Blue!

Sorry, the smartass is too deeply engrained to do anything about... especially when someone tees one up for me.

But whatever McCoy crush I had is long gone. So I can offer you that.

This Browns fan feels the coaching staff and FO are handling Manziel Mania just fine, and I don't give a rats ass that ESPN is all butt-hurt they can't turn Cleveland into the circus that Washington did with RGIII.

well the manziel 'story' is not the lead anymore on espn or nfl network so they must be doing something right.

The only places worth going in SC are on the coast.

Upstate is garbage. It's hot, humid and miserable in the summer and there's very little breeze. Columbia is dirty, there's nothing ever going on, and it seemingly takes four hours to drive to anywhere from Columbia.

Clemson, however, is by far the worst. It's a cow pasture with a school plopped on it.

NC coast is much better than SC coast and that's coming from a South Carolinian.

I grew up in upstate SC, of course went to school in Columbia and prefer either over Charleston - by a mile. Whatever floats your boat, though.

As for Clemson, I don't know where to began.

DieHard - spent a nice relaxing summer at Parris Island, myself. When were you there?

Long suffering Oilers, Texans, A&M fan here..... I feel your pain.

First off - I am female! I grew up watching A&M and football with my Dad so I am a diehard football fan and it really pisses the guys off at work when I beat them in the weekly football pot where you have to pick winners and scores every week LOL. Sorry to see the annual A&M-tu game die - Thansgiving was always about this game first and turkey second.....

I follow the draft every year (not just A&M) and go to the Texans training camp every summer........

I watched every game Maziel played and he honestly was one of the most exciting football player I have ever had the pleasure of watching (except for Earl Campbell). Will it translate to the NFL? No clue. I hope so, but i also know it may not.

Watching his off-balance throws across his body was amazing until I found out he used to be a short stop, then it made perfect sense.

I just hope he can stay healthy in the NFL. I hope he makes it and wins a lot of games for the Browns, once he gets his chance to start. He had to earn his spot at A&M the first year he played and he will have to beat out the other QB's in Cleveland also, but I think he will. Maybe not this year, or maybe 3/4 of the way through the year or next year - but he is a fierce competitor so I have no doubt he will if he doesn't get hurt.

First off - I am female! I grew up watching A&M and football with my Dad so I am a diehard football fan and it really pisses the guys off at work when I beat them in the weekly football pot where you have to pick winners and scores every week LOL. Sorry to see the annual A&M-tu game die - Thansgiving was always about this game first and turkey second.....

I follow the draft every year (not just A&M) and go to the Texans training camp every summer........

I watched every game Maziel played and he honestly was one of the most exciting football player I have ever had the pleasure of watching (except for Earl Campbell). Will it translate to the NFL? No clue. I hope so, but i also know it may not.

Watching his off-balance throws across his body was amazing until I found out he used to be a short stop, then it made perfect sense.

I just hope he can stay healthy in the NFL. I hope he makes it and wins a lot of games for the Browns, once he gets his chance to start. He had to earn his spot at A&M the first year he played and he will have to beat out the other QB's in Cleveland also, but I think he will. Maybe not this year, or maybe 3/4 of the way through the year or next year - but he is a fierce competitor so I have no doubt he will if he doesn't get hurt.

Is this Lisa Vasquez Roper? STRANGER DANGER STRANGER DANGER run Johnny run.

Okay, I can't speak for all Browns fans, just me. I'm mostly fine with the way he is being handled, though I think they could ease up on the rhetoric a tad. There is nothing wrong with putting a rookie in as your third stringer to start with and nothing wrong with telling him he has to earn being Johnny Football at the NFL level. Saying he needs to think like a backup and that if JM gets on the field it means another QB got hurt could be interpreted in a negative way so maybe that was questionable. If it were any other QB I'd be a little more worried but I think JM will just thrive off it. He'll put on a professional demeanor and say all the right things but deep inside it'll just make his fire burn hotter. I don't expect it will ultimately diminish his performance and it might enhance it.

36 year Browns fan here, living in Denver. Former Marine on total disability that sits around house waiting for Browns football as my only passion outside God and my family. Got plenty of opinions to share so I will probably be fairly active on here. Havent been able to beat the feeling of impending doom before each season, though I get caught up in the pre-season excitement. Think we have finally gotten some people in charge that will bring us back to respectability, but I'm thinkin it will be next year before we really begin to be a factor. Excited to watch the new scheme and growth of the rookies this year, next year fillin the 2 weakest links with 1st rounders again. Nice to be able to wear Browns gear again without being laughed at, so thank you management for draftin completely out of character for what we have been used too. I'm on the Hoyer wagon this year, let Johnny sit and learn. Wifes a Squeelers fan- but I love her anyway 363/365. The other 2 days she gets some serious trash talking and usually wakes up to my Chomps pillow pet peeing on her Squeelers blanket! WOOOOOOF!

First off - I am female!

Browns Board... time to reopen the co-ed facilities.

Welcome aboard, AF... nice first post.

If it were any other QB I'd be a little more worried but I think JM will just thrive off it.

If it were any other QB, none of what has been said would have been said.

Archived