THE BROWNS BOARD

Day 3 ....How Many Pics

darren15

The browns have 127 and 218. We traded 106 and 180 to move up at the ens of day 2.

According to ESPN they have 4 picks

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/teams/_/team/cle/cleveland-browns

Our first 4th round pick was essentially used last night at the end of round 3 and our 6th rounder was used to move up. Honestly think it is a stupid trade even though I like the player we got. We need to stop this bullshit trading up and handing away our picks to do so. How many 4th rounders does the Seahawks have today? Every other article in the offseason was how the Browns were trying to follow the Seahawks model, but here we trade away 3 of our picks to move up while the Seahawks trade 3 of their picks to move down for more picks.

The Browns have 4-5 potential starters. They got the guys they wanted at the price they were okay with. I'll take this type of tading every year if it produces eventual starters ay positions of need. We won't know until mid season if these ones will pay off.

The Browns have 4-5 potential starters. They got the guys they wanted at the price they were okay with. I'll take this type of tading every year if it produces eventual starters ay positions of need. We won't know until mid season if these ones will pay off.

I agree. We got 4-5 EVENTUAL starters (Remember Manziel is likely going to sit and god I hope so), and our 3rd round guys will likely start off as back ups who are used on certain downs.

But was it really nessisary to spend a 6th rounder to grab Towsen? I like the guy and I think he is a talented RB who will be great in a zone run game, but worth giving up an extra pick? No. I would have just rolled the dice and seen if he fell, and if he didn't, I would have said oh well we can grab someone in the 6th. They MUST have had Towsen graded super high in order for them to actually trade up for a RB. I mean like an early to mid round draft grade high.

We are is the super lotto round now boys, and we only have 2 tickets, and one of them is a 1000 to 1 chance to win a bag of peanuts. We should do what we can to try and grab another ticket to the lotto, unless someone else with a rediculously high grade falls to our fourth round pick. Otherwise we need to try and move back.

I agree. We got 4-5 EVENTUAL starters (Remember Manziel is likely going to sit and god I hope so), and our 3rd round guys will likely start off as back ups who are used on certain downs.

But was it really nessisary to spend a 6th rounder to grab Towsen? I like the guy and I think he is a talented RB who will be great in a zone run game, but worth giving up an extra pick? No. I would have just rolled the dice and seen if he fell, and if he didn't, I would have said oh well we can grab someone in the 6th. They MUST have had Towsen graded super high in order for them to actually trade up for a RB. I mean like an early to mid round draft grade high.

We are is the super lotto round now boys, and we only have 2 tickets, and one of them is a 1000 to 1 chance to win a bag of peanuts. We should do what we can to try and grab another ticket to the lotto, unless someone else with a rediculously high grade falls to our fourth round pick. Otherwise we need to try and move back.

I read that the Ravens and a few other Teams had their sights on Towsen and that's why we jumped up five spots for him.

I read that the Ravens and a few other Teams had their sights on Towsen and that's why we jumped up five spots for him.

I've read similar things. Actually, every time we moved up it was because someone was a threat to take the guy before us. They had their guy for the pick, saw a threat, made the pick happen. I'm all for that.

As for Desir. Looks like a great prospect. Projected as high as a 2nd rounder by some. Could make for a possible trade of him or Skrine, or could give us a rotation of 4 CBs that will plug and play in 3 WR sets and provide rest for other without losing much talent on the field.

I've read similar things. Actually, every time we moved up it was because someone was a threat to take the guy before us. They had their guy for the pick, saw a threat, made the pick happen. I'm all for that.

As for Desir. Looks like a great prospect. Projected as high as a 2nd rounder by some. Could make for a possible trade of him or Skrine, or could give us a rotation of 4 CBs that will plug and play in 3 WR sets and provide rest for other without losing much talent on the field.

I think at some point you have to just stick with your spot and take the next guy on your list. I think they are doing this jump up stuff cause there were holes they needed filled and they still wanted to follow their BPA pholosophy. Having said that, they could have still gone elsewhere, and regardless of what was said, he could have still be availible to us. Once again, I like him, I think he is a good player, but I don't agree with giving up picks to constantly jump up and grab people. Go next guy on the list, or trade down to where the next guy on the list at the position you want should go.

Did ypubreally think we'd use all 10 picks?

Better to have 6 good players than 3 good and 7 meh.

I like that they're moving around to get their guys rather than settling on what's left.

Yeah, I think Desir is one of the CB's I had highly rated for us to grab as I didn't think we'd be able to get Gilbert or Dennard.

Did ypubreally think we'd use all 10 picks?

Better to have 6 good players than 3 good and 7 meh.

I like that they're moving around to get their guys rather than settling on what's left.

No, but at some point you have to stop. You want Gilbert, give up a 5th to get him. Fine. You want Manziel. A 3rd round pick for what can be a franchise QB is more than worth it. But trading the 6th rounder to West wasn't a smart move imo, even though I do like West. The teams that succeed do so because they stock pile those mid to late round picks and actually use them most of the time.

Archived