THE BROWNS BOARD

Nothing at this fire sale is worth buying

LBC mike

I'll bite one more time just in case you're not trolling even though i'm positive you are... You completely missed the point. I only mentioned my age to show that someone doesn't need to be 80 to be a fan. I mentioned how i became a fan to show what i thought was the only reason to be a fan and thats tradition. Theres a difference between the traditional fan and the fan who just follows the next great thing. If i was like you then i would now be a Steeler fan cause they drafted Shazier my OSU guy, thats not going to happen and i can't even imagine being like that. I give you props on derailing this thread though, it went from Browns gear to what it takes to be a Browns fan and even got a fuck Hoyer comment outta nowhere.

I think you completely missed my point.

But thats ok, it wasnt necessarily directed at you.

Ponder this...if that next great thing fan becomes invested in the team, he's more likely to become a fan for life than if he's insulted simply because he's new.

I mean, you guys only like Brian Sipe because he played well for the Browns. Us Sipe fans from way back dont belittle you for that.

Dude, that guy just told you that was the way to tell so he could slap his junk in your face...

...and you liked it.

that's right. nothing original.

use my lines, my jokes and you still can't pull it off.

you get belittled? all you've (and a couple of other none browns fans) done is belittle the browns and it's fans because you feel some people aren't giving johnny football enough respect or the franchise isn't doing something right by him.

so who's really crying?

that's right. nothing original.

use my lines, my jokes and you still can't pull it off.

you get belittled? all you've (and a couple of other none browns fans) done is belittle the browns and it's fans because you feel some people aren't giving johnny football enough respect or the franchise isn't doing something right by him.

so who's really crying?

But you can pull it off?

Most people stop before they go blind.

Well, if responding in kind to insults gets you banned from here, you are probably right. Is this board cliquish like that?

Man..... I hate to have to break this down 7th grade style..... don't start nothin, won't be nothin. You started this. Responding in kind to insults? Please

Man..... I hate to have to break this down 7th grade style..... don't start nothin, won't be nothin. You started this. Responding in kind to insults? Please

I started this? Eh...not really. I suppose one could make that argument.

But my main point was why not be nice with the "new Browns fans", instead of insulting them?

There, got it down to your kindergarten level, hopefully.

The "new Browns/Johnny Manziel/Connor Shaw fans suck" stuff has kind of died down the last couple of days, so why not move on instead of continuing to poke the newbie with a stick?

Besides, I can't help it if some of you idiots thought Cart McCoy or Old Man Weeden was going to be the 2nd coming of Frank Ryan.

I give up on this thread

Yup made it almost a full page before it went south...

Who'd a thought obsolete jerseys would be so controversial?

Who'd a thought obsolete jerseys would be so controversial?

and LBC didn't ven get my joke about the stonewashed tailgate jeans and the thongs.

anyone else would have jumped all over that.

Jeezus, I take off memorial day weekend and everyone threw poo at each other for three days..

Next time, I'd at least like to get in on the action.

I'm skipping through these threads fast, I think someone wanted Texas to secede from the Union in the last thread ... and he was from Texas!

Do it!

We're keeping Johnny, you can have his faggy fans. Give us enough Mexicans to keeps our lawns nice and just go.

These threads are just awful ... some good stuff on page two though, where I am still catching up.

Then all of the sudden everybody hates everybody.

Someone mentioned Nascar ... very Nascarish around here now because that is a sport where you root for individuals. Johnny Manziel "fans" are complete dorks ... who becomes a fan of an NFL team because a college player gets drafted?

He's Johnny Cleveland now, bitches ... which means he is one of 53. keep your gay tmz shit at home.

He's OUR quarterback.

Zombo

--if he can beat out Hoyer.

Jeezus, I take off memorial day weekend and everyone threw poo at each other for three days..

Next time, I'd at least like to get in on the action.

I'm skipping through these threads fast, I think someone wanted Texas to secede from the Union in the last thread ... and he was from Texas!

Do it!

We're keeping Johnny, you can have his faggy fans. Give us enough Mexicans to keeps our lawns nice and just go.

These threads are just awful ... some good stuff on page two though, where I am still catching up.

Then all of the sudden everybody hates everybody.

Someone mentioned Nascar ... very Nascarish around here now because that is a sport where you root for individuals. Johnny Manziel "fans" are complete dorks ... who becomes a fan of an NFL team because a college player gets drafted?

He's Johnny Cleveland now, bitches ... which means he is one of 53. keep your gay tmz shit at home.

He's OUR quarterback.

Zombo

--if he can beat out Hoyer.

Exactamundo. All those goat ropers need to be aware of is that when you are rooting for the Browns, you are not rooting for any specific player....and you are not even rooting for the "Browns". Northeast Ohio has had teams by various names over the years, Pros, Bulldogs, Indians, Tigers, Rams. You see it is not the name on the back of the jersey...the name of the player....or even the name of the team.

When you root for the Browns you are rooting for Cleveland. The thing that makes them special is that they are the Cleveland Browns. Had the Browns actually moved (an FYI all y'all....they DIDN'T), then they would have been nobodys because they would not have been from Cleveland.

So, keep that in mind. If you want to be a fan of this team you are a fan of Cleveland. Not JFF or Shaka Khan or Lotte Lenya or Bob Dobalito or Snookie or Frankie. Cleveland and Northeast Ohio...that is where the allegiance lies. If that is not your motivation then you are just interlopers. And like Z said....just go root for tennis, or bowling, or golf, or open wheel racing or cycling...individual sports.

Do it!

Don't encourage them. There are those of us here that actually put country before state.

Plus since the internet is "international", you'll be rid of no one...

Archived