THE BROWNS BOARD

The Browns Approached the Bucs?

Axe

Interesting little blurb at the bottom of this article..

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-signing-mccoy-a-priority/2181332

"TRADE OPTION: The Bucs had repeated calls from the Browns when they were on the clock with the No. 7 overall pick. The Browns, who had traded down from No. 4 to No. 8 overall, wanted to select Texas A&M WR Mike Evans, the Bucs' eventual pick. But they couldn't come close to reaching Licht's lofty trade terms and Tampa Bay truly didn't want to pass on Evans."

I know I'm deep in a minority here, but I never did feel Evans was a 1st rounder. Much happier with Gilbert...

We shall see.

How could anyone think Evans wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick?

Are these the people that see JF miss the open guy, scramble around, chuck it up to Evans in double coverage, watch Evans make a great catch and think "Wow! JF is so good!". ?

Lol

Are these the people that see JF miss the open guy, scramble around, chuck it up to Evans in double coverage, watch Evans make a great catch and think "Wow! JF is so good!". ?

Lol

Jesus woody. Get off Manziel's nuts and just go be a lions fan or something.

Are these the people that see JF miss the open guy, scramble around, chuck it up to Evans in double coverage, watch Evans make a great catch...

Just for you Woody... ;)

Following sums up what I saw in Evans' tape... will only add that he is not a good route runner at present.

Evans will lead the league in one category his rookie season... Offensive Pass Interference calls. I swear he pushes off in every highlight I see of him... especially in those redzone situations for which everyone covets his size. I'll say it again... the guy is not agile enough and dislikes going over the middle too much to thrive in the NFL.

... I totally do not get the Evans attraction for the next level.

Evans fears going over the middle... has a bad case of gator arms... and will lead the league in Offensive Pass interference.

His one-dimension is as follows:

He pushes off... runs fly patterns (occasionally pulling up for a hook)... then pushes off... and jumps.

Two of those four things are illegal in the NFL.

Lol

The reads are different in the A&M offense. Watch Gruden's QB camp with JFF and you'll see a clue.

They are discussing a play where you have two in routes and a go route on the outside.

Gruden's 1st read is the outside in route, then the inside in route, then the go on the outside.

He asks JFF how A&M reads it. JFF says the go route is the first read, then the outside in route.

I'm sure JFF missed reads at times, but not every read you think he missed he "missed".

I have no problem with him chucking it up high to a 6'5" receiver being covered by a 5'10" CB, and yes, he did that at times because it worked often.

I love Mike Evans, but I'm would be iffy on taking him 1st round. Personally, I think he should have stayed another year in school. If I recall correctly, he didn't play football until late in his High School years.

Browns approached the Bucs on May 8, 2014? The draft is OVER!!

Good Lord, can we just move FORWARD?

There is absolutely nothing positive that can come from rehashing the draft almost 3 weeks ago.

I want to know how Kirksey & the other rookies & UDFAs are doing.

Mike

Browns approached the Bucs on May 8, 2014? The draft is OVER!!

Good Lord, can we just move FORWARD?

There is absolutely nothing positive that can come from rehashing the draft almost 3 weeks ago.

I want to know how Kirksey & the other rookies & UDFAs are doing.

Mike

We're approaching the dog days (No pun intended) of the off season.. It's simple discussion bro, kinda what forums are for ;)

Not like the Browns couldn't use a receiver.. :blink: Sounds to me like the Browns were already fully aware of the severity of Josh Gordon's situation and were doing the prudent thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/28/josh-gordon-already-is-in-stage-3-of-the-substance-abuse-program/

Archived