THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign cornerback Aaron Berry

cambridgeho

Wasn't he a very high draft pick a few years ago? First rounder I think.

So, maybe he has talent...but needs direction, and hopefully Pettine can give him that.

What I think this signing says is that Pettine does not think highly of Leon McFadden.

So, maybe he has talent...but needs direction, and hopefully Pettine can give him that.

What I think this signing says is that Pettine does not think highly of Leon McFadden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Berry

He was an undrafted freeagent.

No. You are thinking of Eric Berry with KC

Not exactly up to the character standards of our prior FAs and draft... but then appears he only has trouble with a legal substance.

Just adding to the competetion. Will be a tough fight to make the team in our secondary, which surprisingly was a weakness of ours just last season...

Top to bottom, this is the deepest offseason roster I've ever seen the Browns have... there will be some fierce competetion to make the 53-man come training camp and preseason. Should be good for the team...

Just adding to the competetion. Will be a tough fight to make the team in our secondary, which surprisingly was a weakness of ours just last season...

Top to bottom, this is the deepest offseason roster I've ever seen the Browns have... there will be some fierce competetion to make the 53-man come training camp and preseason. Should be good for the team...

ILB will be one of the least competitive ones. D back field and our stable of rb's will be hell on wheels this year. Last year, they were some of our biggest needs. Its looking good on paper so far.

ILB will be one of the least competitive ones. D back field and our stable of rb's will be hell on wheels this year. Last year, they were some of our biggest needs. Its looking good on paper so far.

The Texans looked great on paper last year when people were picking them to make the Super Bowl but we all know how that turned out.

I agree, though. It looks better than past years.

Don't know much about this guy. He's been in some trouble but of course like anyone else says it's behind him. Guess we'll see. If the staff likes him then I guess it's worth while. It sounds like they are looking at him more for special teams then anything else.

Would post a link, but I guess I don't know how. any help would be nice.

Desir at FS is very intriguing.

he's definitely got the size and build.

wouldn't you know it though, as soon as we get 'hard' at safety the league turns into a no-hit league.

i want to see these guys knock someone the F out.

I think his skill set keeps him at corner.

Corner is the skill position of the D. If he can play it, you keep him there. You only move guys from corner to safety if they can't play the position all that well. Unless you get to having 4 really good corners, you don't switch them to get them on the field.

All teams can sport 3 really good cornerbacks.

I agree. Who would have thought that, going into free agency & the draft, we would have turned around the weak areas of RB & DB? In addition, we now seemingly have solid depth at QB.

I actually see some decent players taking the field in our final exhibition game this year......Gonna be fun!

Mike

Arrow pointing up? People make mistakes and hopefully, Josh included, learn from them and help the Cleveland Browns build something special here and bring us a championship!

He had a lot of promise. If he can pan out, it gives the Browns incredible depth. I don't know if it pushes Desir to Safety or not, but if Berry plays well he'll probably take snaps there along with Poyer.

Wasn't Poyer released not too long ago? I could be mistaken, though.

Archived