THE BROWNS BOARD

Racism is alive and well.. unfortunately.

BrownsKidd

I kid you not, I do not make this up. I would post the audio clip, but I would be afraid it would go viral and then I would be out of job.

Anywhoo.. a co-worker listens to all of our "how's my driving calls".

He's listens to this voice mail and has to immediately turn down his speakers because of the explicitness of it.

It's starts "This mother-f'in N@#@* cut me off going 55 down the mother-f'in road... " The funny part is that she gave no information as to the vehicles identification.

I bring this up because of the sad state of our society. This is clearly an African American woman calling what we can assume is another African American a word that if used by any other race would automatically label then a bigoted racist the rest of their life. I really don't know why I am posting this other than it ticks me off that we have people wanting to be treated a certain way yet they can't even hold themselves to the same task. I would be just as disappointed if this had been a white caller. What has happened to social responsibility and the ability to discourse like reasonable people. smh

There absolutely is a difference in the context.. nigga = hey man,hey dude.. sup my nigga. N***** is a derogatory term.

Maybe not for whites but hey... they were brought over here on freakin slave ships endured slavery,discrimination,torture.. you name it.... I don't have a problem with them having a word only they can use.

Now there's niggers and black people I hate niggers but good black people are cool.

But I will say they even they can use the igga in a igger version without really knowing it and it sounds like the message is a case of that.

But woody would like to argue about it, so he can act like he knows ...something

besides his science.

Hateful bigotry doesn't have a color, but it sometimes is a special tool used

by the very people who would be outraged if someone else did, of another skin color.

Which, I imagine, is a vicious, personal power entitlement kind of thing..

The context doesn't matter. If a white comedian uses it towards a member of the

audience who is black...

you think that the black audience member will think it was funny?

There's no realistic difference

There is if your black and you are talking to another black person. At least that's how they want white people to think

There absolutely is a difference in the context.. nigga = hey man,hey dude.. sup my nigga. N***** is a derogatory term.

Maybe not for whites but hey... they were brought over here on freakin slave ships endured slavery,discrimination,torture.. you name it.... I don't have a problem with them having a word only they can use.

Now there's niggers and black people I hate niggers but good black people are cool.

But I will say they even they can use the igga in a igger version without really knowing it and it sounds like the message is a case of that.

Well I have a problem with it because only certain people being able to do things is discriminatory. You must have the guilt but I don't. Them having been slaves 200 years ago cuts zero mustard with me. Neither they nor I ever experienced it.

I've heard many black people say they hate it when other black people use that word. It's almost more of a class issue than race one. I don't hear it used by well-educated blacks ever.

I'm inclined to agree.

Archived