THE BROWNS BOARD

Racism is alive and well...

MLD Woody

I think the video description sums it up quite well:

"This happened to me last Friday May 30th 2014. I'm more upset that it was done in front of her children. They will have hate and have no idea where it came from"

Those kids will grow up and continue the viscous cycle. If we're lucky they might learn to not be so ignorant.

When you get a video like this you're only hearing half the story.I don't believe this guy was just sitting around being totally cool and she's just like "Whatever n word get out if my parking space". Something really confrontational happened just before this video started and we didn't see it.

I'll guess that she's not bright or clever enough to have won that confrontation without going that way.

The only hint we get as to what happened is that he started his car which apparently scared her kids. We can't prove that is all that happened but we can't disprove it either. He's the one with the cooler head and she's raging in front of her kids. Why didn't she make a case besides "he scared her kids?" Kids that are probably raised in an environment to I dunno, maybe be afraid of black people? An environment where calling black people niggers is common parlance?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/cheektowaga/police-chief-on-viral-racist-video-there-is-possibly-disorderly-conduct-20140604

A video viewed more than a million times on YouTube since Tuesday shows a white woman flinging racial slurs at a black man outside a Cheektowaga strip mall.

The video, titled “Blatant Racism in Cheektowaga NY,” shows the woman repeatedly calling the man the “n-word” during an argument. (Abridged transcript here.) The woman’s two small children are standing with her outside a Dollar General store.

The video, shot May 30 according to its description, was recorded from the man’s perspective. He appears to be sitting in the driver’s seat of a vehicle outside the store.

“I have her on tape calling me racist comments,” the unidentified man said at the beginning of the recording.

His YouTube account name is IAMOYAB.

Janelle Ambrosia can be heard telling the man that her son “don’t like black people, either.”

Ambrosia can also be heard telling the man he “scared [her] children.”

He responds, “by starting my car?”

Ambrosia used other curse words – in front of two children with her – as she shouted at the man.

Cheektowaga Police Chief David Zack said he first learned of the video this morning after it was forwarded to the department anonymously.

“I reviewed the video and with 27 years of law enforcement, I have seen people at their worst. I’ve seen people with mental health issues, I’ve seen people under the influence of substances and I’ve also come across people who are out and out racist.

“That being said, without knowing more about this woman’s background, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to form a premature judgment on her actions,” he said.

“If substance or mental health issues are not at play here, then her conduct should be considered as nothing less than deplorable. Clearly, there are some people in today’s society who have not yet evolved in their beliefs. As a society we obviously have more work to do,” Zack said.

When asked whether Ambrosia had committed a crime, the chief said, “There is possibly disorderly conduct that could possibly rise to the level of harassment, but both are violations.”

He said he has been flooded with media inquiries.

The four-minute, 22-second video was posted to YouTube Tuesday night. At 10 a.m. today, it had 195,700 views. By 2:15 p.m., it had 530,205 views. At 4:50, is had been viewed over 944,000 times. By 5:15, it had crossed the million-views mark. It also made the front page of Reddit, a social news website, and has been picked up by some websites both nationally and globally, including in the United Kingdom.

WBLK 93.7 this morning posted on its website an audio recording of its interview with Ambrosia, who told the radio station that the man taking the video almost hit her son with his car, which she said angered her.

She also said her use of the n-word had nothing to do with race, but meant an ignorant person.

“I’m not racist,” she told the radio station. “I have a black cousin.”

Ambrosia also said in the interview that she is bipolar and that the man called her a “crackheaded cracker.”

She later called WGRZ-TV and read a statement apologizing for her behavior.

“I am ashamed and embarrassed by my behavior the other day, especially in front of my children,” she said.

“It’s not who I am and what I truly believe in.

“I have been under my doctor’s care for mental health issues and was in the process of changing my medication,” Ambrosia said. “And I am not using that as an excuse but to let people further understand my frame of mind at the time. I am deeply sorry for my offensive behavior and the ignorant statements I made.”

She has problems. Doesn't sound like a guy who almost hit her kids....

Of course racism still exists. so does a lot of bad stuff. Too bad.

Bad people still exist. Woody is just finding this out?

The dude started his car, it "scared" her children (who seem just fine) and she flipped she's. She's an ignorant ass, trashy, racist. She is teaching he kids to act the same way and it is sad.

What exactly is the other "half of a story we aren't hearing" here that makes her actions acceptable? Do you really believe her statement that she was called a "crackerhead cracker?" Do you believe that the guy "almost hit" her kid?

In the end, flipping her shit and acting like this in front of her kids is the worst part of it. They're stuck with a trashy, racist, stripper mom and who knows what for a dad. Hopefully he is a sensible guy (though from the phone conversation, it doesn't seem like it). Those kids have the odds stacked against them, that's for sure.

"I reviewed the video and with 27 years of law enforcement, I have seen people at their worst. Ive seen people with mental health issues, Ive seen people under the influence of substances and Ive also come across people who are out and out racist.

That being said, without knowing more about this womans background, I feel that it would be irresponsible of me to form a premature judgment on her actions" he said.

That was a very good PR move of him to say that, for sure. That article also said she is Bipolar I guess. Well according to her. I didn't know being bipolar could be racist and cause you to say things like "my son hates black people too"... but hell I may be wrong. Her mental condition could cause her to say awful, racist things in front of her children.

That was a very good PR move of him to say that, for sure. That article also said she is Bipolar I guess. Well according to her. I didn't know being bipolar could be racist and cause you to say things like "my son hates black people too"... but hell I may be wrong. Her mental condition could cause her to say awful, racist things in front of her children.

So this wasn't you taping this....? You don't know what happened. Anything could have happened. And yeah, she is probably racist. Did you really think that was gone......? Great strides have been made, but it will NEVER fully go away. Affirmative action is racism, its just PC racism. There are lots of PC forms of racism, really any discrimination against a straight white male is acceptable. I've been passed over for many a job because of my race or gender.

Archived