THE BROWNS BOARD

Criminals use girl as human shield, then are gunned down.

BrownsKidd

I was merely making fun of the stupid point about "guns do so much more" blah blah.

Figures Logic was illogical about the point. Sure, it was dumb, but it was the only one

I could think of on short notice.

But all this asinine rationalization about why guns are the political target.....

when really, it's all about politics.

Well, I think it's obvious that someone who wants to go on a rampage will do it with or without guns. These rampages are all premeditated.

Liberal weenies would have every citizen just sit back and die while waiting for the authorities to arrive, instead of having the means to protect themselves. Take away law abiding citizens means if protection and they are helpless against criminals.

Well, I think it's obvious that someone who wants to go on a rampage will do it with or without guns. These rampages are all premeditated.

Liberal weenies would have every citizen just sit back and die while waiting for the authorities to arrive, instead of having the means to protect themselves. Take away law abiding citizens means if protection and they are helpless against criminals.

It is also obvious that the damage inflicted by the rampage depends a lot on the weapon used. The "liberal weenies" would not have every citizen just sit back and die. That's hyperbole and doesn't really serve a constructive purpose. There are plenty of ways to permit self-defense while reducing the incidence of accidental gun deaths, gun suicides, and mitigating the damage done by lunatics. The problem with the NRA crowd is they see ANY kind of action that changes the status quo as a threat.

No, you are woodpecker. You ridicule other people for their religion. A lot of the time.

Make you feel like a male woodpecker, or what? Why the complete lack of tolerance for others

who believe what you don't?

OTH, I take back the question, since you'll just rationalize on a different take to justify your putrid pecking.

anyways"

The problem with the NRA crowd is they see ANY kind of action that changes the status quo as a threat. Os

*********************************************************************************

That is directly related to the left's ADMITTED take on any increase in control over guns

and American gun owners - as just a stepping stone to a complete ban and disarmament.

The left's ulterior motives, documented here and there, is the "gun control" crowds' worst enemy.

No, you are woodpecker. You ridicule other people for their religion. A lot of the time.

Make you feel like a male woodpecker, or what? Why the complete lack of tolerance for others

who believe what you don't?

OTH, I take back the question, since you'll just rationalize on a different take to justify your putrid pecking.

anyways"

The problem with the NRA crowd is they see ANY kind of action that changes the status quo as a threat. Os

*********************************************************************************

That is directly related to the left's ADMITTED take on any increase in control over guns

and American gun owners - as just a stepping stone to a complete ban and disarmament.

The left's ulterior motives, documented here and there, is the "gun control" crowds' worst enemy.

Anyone who thinks a complete ban or disarmament is a realistic choice in the USA is deluding themselves, nor do I think this is the prevalent attitude. I can find gun owners who DO favor some sort of gun control measures, which proves all the pro-gun people are against gun control. The people on the 'left' are not connected to some hive mind where they all think the same thing. In fact, I didn't see any lefties on this forum call for a complete ban. What I do see are calls for applying modern technology to mitigate who and how guns are used.

It is also obvious that the damage inflicted by the rampage depends a lot on the weapon used. The "liberal weenies" would not have every citizen just sit back and die. That's hyperbole and doesn't really serve a constructive purpose. There are plenty of ways to permit self-defense while reducing the incidence of accidental gun deaths, gun suicides, and mitigating the damage done by lunatics. The problem with the NRA crowd is they see ANY kind of action that changes the status quo as a threat.

So far, actions by politicians (whether you want to call them liberal weenies or not, I don't care) to change the status quo have only sought to make it more challenging for everyone to defend themselves. "Gun free zones"; banning cosmetic components of specific rifles while allowing other less infamous rifles -capable of the same carnage- remain untouched; magazine restrictions; restricting mail order of ammunition (which restricts free trade and fair prices); on & on. All while refusing to get into patient's medical records because of privacy scapegoat crap - which is a total dog & pony show escape clause. I consider that a direct threat to my ability to defend myself and my family. I'll gladly support the NRA's efforts to fight those threats. Not to say I agree with all of their tactics & motives.

Until politicians quit bullshitting themselves and the public, and actually begin addressing the real problems, any form of gun control legislation will always be looked upon as a threat to self defense. And it should be viewed that way, because that's what it is.

So far, actions by politicians (whether you want to call them liberal weenies or not, I don't care) to change the status quo have only sought to make it more challenging for everyone to defend themselves. "Gun free zones"; banning cosmetic components of specific rifles while allowing other less infamous rifles -capable of the same carnage- remain untouched; magazine restrictions; restricting mail order of ammunition (which restricts free trade and fair prices); on & on. All while refusing to get into patient's medical records because of privacy scapegoat crap - which is a total dog & pony show escape clause. I consider that a direct threat to my ability to defend myself and my family. I'll gladly support the NRA's efforts to fight those threats. Not to say I agree with all of their tactics & motives.

Until politicians quit bullshitting themselves and the public, and actually begin addressing the real problems, any form of gun control legislation will always be looked upon as a threat to self defense. And it should be viewed that way, because that's what it is.

So as someone on the pro-gun side, what do you believe to be the real problems?

It's not guns. These mass shootings at schools are indicitive of an event in which the general public have no means of protecting themselves. People in school are helpless, and so would be the general public. Let teachers carry and the problem goes away.

Yeah, no it doesn't. Almost all these end with the perpetrator ' s death. Someone else being armed isn't stopping this.

So as someone on the pro-gun side, what do you believe to be the real problems?

For starters, Mental health. When you are dx'ed with illnesses that can be associated with violent/ suicidal tendencies, plus the medications used to treat the illness can increase these tendencies as a side effect (especially when the patient doesn't follow the dosing), then guess what... In the interest of public safety, your medical records are no longer confidential. Unless you want to wear a tracking anklet. Then you can keep your folder closed.

Make the sick fuckers who are THE CAUSE of these horrific acts wear the technology. Not my gun.

Anyone who thinks a complete ban or disarmament is a realistic choice in the USA is deluding themselves, nor do I think this is the prevalent attitude. I can find gun owners who DO favor some sort of gun control measures, which proves all the pro-gun people are against gun control. The people on the 'left' are not connected to some hive mind where they all think the same thing. In fact, I didn't see any lefties on this forum call for a complete ban. What I do see are calls for applying modern technology to mitigate who and how guns are used.

Cal, has to think everyone who disagrees with him is part of a hive mind or else he can't make blanket statements constantly.

ha. No, the party line left me, is getting worse all the time.

I applaud the new tea party victor over Cantor. I don't believe in the

republican establishment anymore.

But the dems are possessed by the evil spectre of

mao, lenin, and the dark lord of mordor.

Archived