THE BROWNS BOARD

I got yer mmgw proof of bs right here

calfoxwc

I find that very surprising - hopefully there'll be a follow up study corroborating the results.

Anyway, for the smoking ban, the second hand smoke thing is an issue as well as the coming home stinking of other people's cigarettes.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When wrong, libs just change definitions, and words, and parse more drama out of

half truths.

Arctic ice growing. Interesting, eh?

Especially when you mmgw political hacks determined that there would be NO ice left by now?

How embarrassing to be a mmgw alarmist political hack, and then you get more ice and cooling for years

thrown at your nonsense. I mean, you all simply changed "man made global warming" to "climate change".

Thanks for finally, albeit via little choice left, coming around to admitting that climate changes. Big deal for you mmgw

wonks, eh?

I'm not trying to prove gw or gc exists. I'm trying to tell you mmgw folks, that you can take you cap and trade, carbon

credits, carbon selling, higher taxes, fees and licenses for cows farting, etc.....mileage tax, SUV and truck tax ...

you can take the UN, and it's admitted mmgw is a tool for getting $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for poor countries...

and shove it. Let me put it another way. At some point, even though you may be the last on earth to understand it...

the growth of CO2 because plant life has been paved over, cemented over, and built over, and the destruction

of the rain forests is not good.

Therefore...when you and Chris say the silly "we just have to DO something"....how about being

concerned about our globe's VIRGIN RAIN FORESTS ? Until then, STFU about Americans stop driving

SUV's, cows farting, lawnmowers, lack of carbon tax money for liberal votes causes....... It's bs.

Just once, you libs with the "sky is falling we need "x" taxes" should discuss the correlation between

solar activity, and periods of gw on earth.

There is nothing, NOTHING, we can do here in our U.S.A., to modify the climate. It changes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415191/And-global-COOLING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html

Alright so that was just a bunch of insults, and no actual rebuttal. If you don't have one that's fine, I wasn't expecting one. I can say we've thoroughly debunked your "ice is growing so MMGW is a lie!" myth.

What is next in your denier playbook? I'll be happy to tell you why that is wrong as well.

I find that very surprising - hopefully there'll be a follow up study corroborating the results.

Anyway, for the smoking ban, the second hand smoke thing is an issue as well as the coming home stinking of other people's cigarettes.

No doubt it's an offensive habit. We tend to take things we don't like and try to justify eliminating.

But here in America, maybe even worldwide, everything has to be a crisis.

WSS

No doubt it's an offensive habit. We tend to take things we don't like and try to justify eliminating.

But here in America, maybe even worldwide, everything has to be a crisis.

WSS

It wasn't so much a crisis here - just an announcement. Research was done that suggested the social, economic and health benefits of a smoking ban and so it was enacted.

That being said, I don't see why a pub (bar, or restaurant) can't apply for a smoking license. You know that if you go there there's going to be a load of smoke going around, and they could even do it as a sort of swanky bar with cigars behind the counter etc. There's money to be made I think...

It wasn't so much a crisis here - just an announcement. Research was done that suggested the social, economic and health benefits of a smoking ban and so it was enacted.

That being said, I don't see why a pub (bar, or restaurant) can't apply for a smoking license. You know that if you go there there's going to be a load of smoke going around, and they could even do it as a sort of swanky bar with cigars behind the counter etc. There's money to be made I think...

Well if cigarettes are as deadly as some people say why the fuck not just make them illegal like crack cocaine? Still even though I dislike it I have no problem with people making a choice as to whether or not to go to the place that allows smoking. Given a choice Id pick the smoke free place.

I also like cigarette smoking is linked to passive aggressive antisocial behavior.

WSS

Well if cigarettes are as deadly as some people say why the fuck not just make them illegal like crack cocaine? Still even though I dislike it I have no problem with people making a choice as to whether or not to go to the place that allows smoking. Given a choice Id pick the smoke free place.

I also like cigarette smoking is linked to passive aggressive antisocial behavior.

WSS

Too much money in banning them, and the tobacco companies have pretty big lobbying powers. It also reflects the fact that while it's a toxin, it doesn't affect your mental state (unlike alcohol - FAR too much money in that though!).

It's a bit ridiculous in some ways, in that any work place you have to put up no smoking signs, and that includes any vehicle used for work activities. So your cranes, delivery vans etc. But that also means that my dad, who drives his own personal car to visit people for his job, should have a sticker in it. He politely declined - I think he pointed out that he would happily put a sticker in a company car should his employer provide for his use.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. There is too much money in smoking for it to be banned. Large tobacco companies probably have too much power as lobby group

Maybe you might think a little harder and realize where the big money lobby actually is here. How much cash has been grifted from the tobacco industry by the trial lawyers? On one hand you have the liberal need to control every facet of citizens lives and on the other hand you need to be able to sue these fuckers and line your pockets.

And you are crying about the tobacco lobby? Hey chump take a look around and see how much tax money is being raked in from every packet of fags they sell.

WSS

Maybe you might think a little harder and realize where the big money lobby actually is here. How much cash has been grifted from the tobacco industry by the trial lawyers? On one hand you have the liberal need to control every facet of citizens lives and on the other hand you need to be able to sue these fuckers and line your pockets.

And you are crying about the tobacco lobby? Hey chump take a look around and see how much tax money is being raked in from every packet of fags they sell.

WSS

Crying about it? What are you talking about? This is supposed to be a "mmgw" thread. This really started for me, with my amazement in you thinking second hand smoke isn't dangerous and we aren't healthier as a country after the ban.

I don't smoke. And u have asthma so I don't like being around smoke. It is a destructive, unhealthy habit. If people want to do it, go ahead, I just don't want it affecting me.

For sure the amount of power they had has fallen, but not enough to ban them. That was my initial statement, about them getting banned completely. Not any time soon at least. I wouldn't care if they slowly faded away though.

Crying about it? What are you talking about? This is supposed to be a "mmgw" thread. This really started for me, with my amazement in you thinking second hand smoke isn't dangerous and we aren't healthier as a country after the ban.

I don't smoke. And u have asthma so I don't like being around smoke. It is a destructive, unhealthy habit. If people want to do it, go ahead, I just don't want it affecting me.

For sure the amount of power they had has fallen, but not enough to ban them. That was my initial statement, about them getting banned completely. Not any time soon at least. I wouldn't care if they slowly faded away though.

Look I realize you probably don't read the posts from liberal guys that you agree with but at least I thought you'd remember a post you made an hour ago. The one including the words too much. And I don't have asthma.

I just feel cigarettes are offensive. And no I don't think the country is any healthier at all because of the ban on smoking in beer joints and stadiums.

WSS

A cigarette could post more legit stuff on this board than woodpecker.

He whines about the main subject of the thread being different?

That's a convenient switch, since Steve just debunked his whole "lol" bs.

All my stupid posts debunk all of woodypeckerhead's stupd posts.

The upside is, I have all sorts of good posts, even funny, and woodypeckerhead

has no clue.

woodypeckerhead: "We have mmgw. The ice caps are melting. We have to vote

for liberals for president, and you all with any money have to give it up because

it's a terrible crisis because we're one year away from having all land on earth

flooded."

Scientists: "The antarctic and arctic ice is growing. Our earth is in a cooling period,

even though CO2 is increasing. WTF?"

Brownsboard: "Woodpecker is a freaking nitwilly arrogant little twerp"

for liberals for president, and you all with any money have to give it up because

it's a terrible crisis because we're one year away from having all land on earth

flooded."

Scientists: "The antarctic and arctic ice is growing. Our earth is in a cooling period,

Did you actually read his explanation? It made sense to me, although that may be because I've already read the reasoning behind it. If not, perhaps this article will help clear things up:

http://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice-intermediate.htm

The MMGW issue just shows the simpleton mindsets of the philosophically disingenuous/Retarded.

If you believe in evolution you understand man didn't create man therefore it is impossible for global warming to be man made. If global warming was true (I haven't seen evidence that proves it's existence and I have failed to win a staring contest with the sun) and created by the behavior of humans, global warming would then be evolution created, not man made.

It's incredibly narcissistic to separate yourself from the laws of nature while speaking on them as if you were some kind of god; it's not surprising the elite push this.

And the solution? Innovation/Population Control.

That's it.

Those are the only possible solutions. If you drastically change our lifestyles without innovation, population control will follow because we will not be able to feed everyone.

And to do that you would have to go to war with at least India/China in a war that would almost certainly result in certain global warming.

Which means innovation is the ONLY solution to global warming unless governments agree to murder their own citizens. Which I would argue at that point we wouldn't deserve to remain.

We either evolve or die, no shit. Derp de derp. Sky is blue.

When you hear someone want money/control because of global warming, you're hearing a scam artist who is trying to profit on your idiocy.

The market will fund/support innovation as it always has.

Grain of sand.

Well I'll be honest, I haven't heard the 'if you believe in evolution you can't believe in global warming' angle before!

It's an interesting point though that global warming is a natural evolutionary step.

flooded."

Again, just insults. Concede defeat and move on. What is the next point you'd like to try to make?

Well I'll be honest, I haven't heard the 'if you believe in evolution you can't believe in global warming' angle before!

It's an interesting point though that global warming is a natural evolutionary step.

actually if you think about it you probably is completely natural and evolutionary.

mankind reproduces on the earth just like bacteria reproduce inside an organism. Sooner or later the bacteria kills the organism or the organisms natural defenses kill the bacteria. The place is it gives sticky is when we start thinking of ourselves as some superior being with a supernatural calling and not just another living creature in a natural environment. But of course that would be religious, right?

;)

WSS

Also, Steve, there are plenty of bacteria that live within us in a relationship beneficial for both parties. This occurs in many places.

So what?

Do you think the earth is better or worse for the effects of mankind at this point of evolution?

WSS

Hopefully?

Apparently not.

I wonder if you think the alarmists, not you of course, believe that we are polluting the planet the amount of drinking water is getting smaller and smaller the population is exploding the carbon output is creating global warming which will cause terrible consequences soon or at least in 500 years... What's your point? We have iPhones?

WSS

If we can affect the global climate NOW & DIDN"T IN THE PAST then the cause is not us, it is the cause of our evolution. How did we go from dumb monkey to creating horseless carriages? Answer: Evolution.

edited for clarity

we call it man-made because if its man made it's fixable, right? send your money! give up control! unite for this cause! sound familiar?

its a complete shocker liberals love them some global warming and even root for it's existence. shocker!

Who is rooting for its existence?

"The cause is not us, the cause is our evolution". I'll be honest, I'm not even sure what this means. Are you saying we totally aren't responsible, but if we were, its not our fault. How does that make sense? We work with DNA and splice genes. Do you not think we can control this form of "evolution" (which I am pretty sure you are just throwing around without a real understanding of it).

Look, this is a very nice soundbite and all, but you haven't provided any argument for why it isn't man made yet. I mean you've said the word evolution a few times. You're clearly a man of science. Show me the evidence.

Same with Cal. You cab try something else if you'd like

I think liberals root for it's existence because of the liberal reaction I've personally witnessed to stories like climate-gate. i admit, this is just a loose opinion.

We are creatures that require things to survive. food. water. protection from other animals, diseases. Since we have had biological needs we have sought to fulfill them.

We experience much more neotany than any other species which has allowed us to become vastly more intelligent. we have innovated for survival. and now, you want to blame to blame us for the results of our evolution. it's a typical liberal mindset, blame the victors.

we evolved this way because we had to. people innovated to generate wealth to provide food, shelter, medicine.

the cause is not the vessel my friend, it's the river.

and im not a science guy, more of a philosophical one.

Archived