THE BROWNS BOARD

I got yer mmgw proof of bs right here

calfoxwc

You cab try something else if you'd like Woodypeckerhead

Hey, woodypeckerhead, you "cab" stfu, too !

Oh wait, one of your most intelligent posts:

"lol".

Meanwhile, the point is not that we have to prove anything about

gw.

It's that you mmgw alarmist extremists can't really prove

it's man made.

And all the phoney claims, and dire predictions have fallen to

disgrace.

97 percent - bogus.

tree ring - bogus

hockey stick - bogus

Al gore "earth has a fever" - bogus

partisan email scandal by partisan scientist wonks.... real.

N and S poles were supposed to have been completely melted by now. Bogus.

Scientists can't explain the contradictions and failure of

models to show this lull in warming. Real.

CO2 going up, earth has been cooling for years... real.

There never was any "consensus". The debate was NEVER "over".

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... Typos. You're really scraping now...

One at a time Cal. What is your best denier talking point. I'll attempt to debunk it.

I'm not sure what I have to prove when I'm on the same side as virtually all qualified scientists in the field and virtually all respected scientific organizations.

ah. You're learning to fidget, woodpecker.

"qualified"

ah. So all the scientists I've quoted, all the scientists who disagree with the jaded conclusion about

mmgw being a crisis...

they just aren't "qualified"

If you were a duck hunter, you'd be out there shooting and shooting, and missing every time, and you'd

be PO'd and screaming that the ducks should fall out of the sky because you "got them".

If ducks could laugh, they'd ROW,LTTO at you.

I think liberals root for it's existence because of the liberal reaction I've personally witnessed to stories like climate-gate. i admit, this is just a loose opinion.

We are creatures that require things to survive. food. water. protection from other animals, diseases. Since we have had biological needs we have sought to fulfill them.

We experience much more neotany than any other species which has allowed us to become vastly more intelligent. we have innovated for survival. and now, you want to blame to blame us for the results of our evolution. it's a typical liberal mindset, blame the victors.

we evolved this way because we had to. people innovated to generate wealth to provide food, shelter, medicine.

the cause is not the vessel my friend, it's the river.

and im not a science guy, more of a philosophical one.

So because we got to this point as a species because of evolution, we shouldn't do anything to limit the side effects of said continued evolution. Climate change, food shortage, causing species to become extinct. That's all alright because it was the result of a "natural" process.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. I don't see the logic in there of why we shouldn't try to prevent or limit the negative effects of our continued advancement as a species. Regardless of whether it's natural or not.

I'm also convinced now that the term "evolution" in this back and forth is being uses very loosely

ah. You're learning to fidget, woodpecker.

"qualified"

ah. So all the scientists I've quoted, all the scientists who disagree with the jaded conclusion about

mmgw being a crisis...

they just aren't "qualified"

If you were a duck hunter, you'd be out there shooting and shooting, and missing every time, and you'd

be PO'd and screaming that the ducks should fall out of the sky because you "got them".

If ducks could laugh, they'd ROW,LTTO at you.

Yes Cal, a lot of the time the "experts" you post are not experts at all. Another tactic straight from that denier playbook.

Now, would you like to try another point or not?

liar. Here's some proof that you blow smoke out of your ass on the subject.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/16/PLS-HOLD-FOR-TUESDAY-9-17-AFTER-11AM-ET-Climate-Study-Evidence-Leans-Against-Human-Caused-Global-Warming

Have a nice day, woodypeckerhead.

“I fully support the efforts of the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC) and publication of its latest report, Climate Change Reconsidered II: Physical Science, to help the general public to understand the reality of global climate change.”

Kumar Raina
Former Deputy Director General
Geological Survey of India

“I was glad to see that a new report was coming from the NIPCC. The work of this group of scientists to present the evidence for natural climate warming and climate change is an essential counter-balance to the biased reporting of the IPCC. They have brought to focus a range of peer-reviewed publications showing that natural forces have in the past and continue today to dominate the climate signal. Considering the recent evidence that climate models have failed to predict the flattening of the global temperature curve, and that global warming seems to have ended some 15 years ago, the work of the NIPCC is particularly important.”

Ian Clark
Department of Earth Sciences
University of Ottawa, Canada

“The CCR-II report correctly explains that most of the reports on global warming and its impacts on sea-level rise, ice melts, glacial retreats, impact on crop production, extreme weather events, rainfall changes, etc. have not properly considered factors such as physical impacts of human activities, natural variability in climate, lopsided models used in the prediction of production estimates, etc. There is a need to look into these phenomena at local and regional scales before sensationalization of global warming-related studies.”

S. Jeevananda Reddy
Former Chief Technical Advisor
United Nations World Meteorological Organization

“NIPCC’s CCR-II report should open the eyes of world leaders who have fallen prey to the scandalous climate dictates by the IPCC. People are already suffering the consequences of sub-prime financial instruments. Let them not suffer more from IPCC’s sub-prime climate science and models. That is the stark message of the NIPCC’s CCR-II report.”

M. I. Bhat
Formerly Professor and Head
Department of Geology and Geophysics
University of Kashmir

“The claim by the UN IPCC that ‘global sea level is rising at an enhanced rate and swamping tropical coral atolls’ does NOT agree with observational facts, and must hence be discarded as a serious disinformation. This is well taken in the CCR-II report.”

Nils-Axel Mörner
Emeritus Professor of Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics,
Stockholm University, Sweden

“Library shelves are cluttered with books on global warming. The problem is identifying which ones are worth reading. The NIPCC’s CCR-II report is one of these. Its coverage of the topic is comprehensive without being superficial. Itsorts through conflicting claims made by scientists and highlights mounting evidence that climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide increase is lower than climate models have until now assumed.”

Chris de Freitas
School of Environment
The University of Auckland, New Zealand

Climate Change Reconsidered is simply the most comprehensive documentation of the case against climate alarmism ever produced. Basing policy on the scientifically incomplete and internally inconsistent reports of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is no longer controversial – Climate Change Reconsidered shows that it is absolutely foolhardy, and anyone doing so is risking humiliation. It is a must-read for anyone who is accountable to the public, and it needs to be taken very, very seriously.”

Patrick J. Michaels
Director, Center for the Study of Science
Cato Institute

“CCR-II provides scientists, policy makers and other interested parties information related to the current state of knowledge in atmospheric studies. Rather than coming from a pre-determined politicized position that is typical of the IPCC, the NIPCC constrains itself to the scientific process so as to provide objective information. If we (scientists) are honest, we understand that the study of atmospheric processes/dynamics is in its infancy. Consequently, the work of the NIPCC and its most recent report is very important. It is time to move away from politicized science back to science – this is what NIPCC is demonstrating by example.”

Bruce Borders
Professor of Forest Biometrics
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
University of Georgia

“The NIPCC’s new report, Climate Change Reconsidered II: Physical Science, fires a scientific cannon shot across the bow of the quasi-religious human-caused global warming movement by presenting data, facts, and scientific method constructs of climate change science. I only wish the IPCC would become as objective. A recent column by a nationally recognized writer recalled Syria outlawing yo-yos in 1933 because they thought that yo-yo motion caused drought. The NIPCC report documents that the AGW movement has created its own yo-yo rather than shedding light on how Earth dynamic systems change with time. I applaud the NIPCC for bringing the scientific method back into what should always have been a scientific debate.

Lee C. Gerhard
Senior Scientist Emeritus, University of Kansas
Past Director and State Geologist
Kansas Geological Survey

“I support [the work of the NIPCC] because I am convinced that the whole field of climate and climate change urgently needs an open debate between several ‘schools of thought,’ in science and well as other disciplines , many of which jumped on the IPCC bandwagon far too readily. Climate, and even more so impacts and responses, are far too complex and important to be left to an official body like the IPCC.”

Sonja A.Boehmer-Christiansen
Reader Emeritus, Department of Geography
Hull University
Editor, Energy&Environment

“The NIPCC report Climate Change Reconsidered II is a crucial document to get science right: Billions of $$ are being spent in research based on the assumption that human emissions of CO2 drive dangerous climate change. Contemplating relevant peer-reviewed scientific literature, the CCR-II shows us why this basic assumption is wrong, turning irrelevant for society the results of a considerable part of the costly research carried out by the ‘consensus scientific community’ endorsing IPCC climate alarmism.”

Albrecht Glatzle
Agro-Biologist
Retired Director of Research, INTTAS

So Woody, do you believe we, as a society, are trying and striving for more efficient and renewable forms of energy? Do you think we as a society are trying to conserve fossil fuel as time goes by?

Yes or no.

If yes, do you believe it's enough?

If you do not believe it's enough how much more do you personally think should be done?

On a 1 to 10 scale. 1 being very slight changes 10 being extreme global change.

Just so nobody misunderstands what you are constantly babbling about.

WSS

• Lead NIPCC Authors/Editors

Idso, Craig D.

Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change

USA

Carter, Robert M.

Emeritus Fellow

Institute of Public Affairs

Australia

Singer, S. Fred

Science and Environmental Policy Project

USA

Chapter Lead Authors

Ball, Timothy

Research Fellow

Frontier Centre for Public Policy

Canada

Carter, Robert M.

Emeritus Fellow

Institute of Public Affairs

Australia

Easterbrook, Don J.

Professor Emeritus of Geology

Western Washington University

USA

Idso, Craig D.

USA

Idso, Sherwood

USA

Khandekar, Madhav

Former Research Scientist

Environment Canada

Canada

Kininmonth, William

Science Advisor

Australian Climate Science Coalition

Australia

de Lange, Willem

Science and Engineering Department

The University of Waikato

New Zealand

Lüning, Sebastian

Geologist and Author

Germany

Lupo, Anthony

School of Natural Resources

University of Missouri

USA

Ollier, Cliff

School of Earth and Geographical Sciences

University of Western Australia

Australia

Soon, Willie

Independent Scientist

USA

Contributing Authors

Armstrong, J. Scott

Wharton School

University of Pennsylvania

USA

D’Aleo, Joseph

Co-chief Meteorologist

Weatherbell Analytic

USA

Easterbrook, Don J.

Professor Emeritus of Geology

Western Washington University

USA

Green, Kesten

International Graduate School of Business

University of South Australia

Australia

McKitrick, Ross

Department of Economics

University of Guelph

Canada

Ollier, Cliff

School of Earth and Geographical Sciences

University of Western Australia

Australia

Segalstad, Tom

Resource and Environmental Geology

University of Oslo

Norway

Singer, S. Fred

Science and Environmental Policy Project

USA

Spencer, Roy

Principal Research Scientist

University of Alabama in Huntsville

USA

Chapter Reviewers

Abdussamatov, Habibullo

Space Research Laboratory

Pulkovo Observatory

Russian Academy of Sciences

Russia

Bastardi, Joe

Co-chief Meteorologist

Weatherbell Analytic

USA

Battaglia, Franco

Professor of Environmental Chemistry

University of Modena

Italy

Bowen, David Q.

Professor Emeritus, School of Earth & Ocean Sciences

Cardiff University

UK

Clark, Roy

Ventura Photonics

USA

Courtillot, Vincent

Professor Emeritus

University Paris Diderot and

Institut de Physique du Globe

France

Essex, Christopher

Department of Applied Mathematics

University of Western Ontario

Canada

Evans, David

Independent Scientist, Sciencespeak.com, and Former Carbon Modeller

Australian Greenhouse Office

Australia

Floderus, Sören

Consultant

SF Bureau

Denmark

Franks, Stewart W.

School of Engineering

University of Newcastle

Australia

Friis-Christensen, Eigil

Professor Emeritus

National Space Institute

Technical University of Denmark

Denmark

Goldberg, Fred

Swedish Polar Institute

Sweden

Gould, Laurence

Professor of Physics

University of Hartford

USA

Gray, William

Emeritus Professor of Atmospheric Science

Colorado State University

USA

Gray, Vincent Richard

Climate Consultant

New Zealand

Hayden, Howard

Professor of Physics Emeritus

University of Connecticut

USA

Hovland, Martin

Professor Emeritus

Centre for Geobiology

University of Bergen

Norway

Kärner, Olavi

Atmospheric Sensing Group

Tartu Observatory

Estonia

O’Brien, James

Department of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Science

Florida State University

USA

Paltridge, Garth

Emeritus Professor and Honorary Research Fellow

University of Tasmania

Australia

Rapp, Donald

Senior Research Scientist and Division Chief Technologist (retired)

Jet Propulsion Lab

USA

Ribbing, Carl

Department of Engineering Sciences, Solid State Physics

Uppsala University

Sweden

Scafetta, Nicola

Department of Physics

Duke University

USA

Shade, John

Industrial Statistics Consultant

UK

Sharp, Gary

Independent Consultant

Center for Climate/

Ocean Resources Study

USA

Solheim, Jan-Erik

Professor emeritus

Department of Physics and Technology

University of Tromsø

Norway

Uriarte Cantolla, Antón

Sociedad de Ciencias Naturales Aranzadi

Spain

Weber, Gerd-Rainer

Independent Meteorologist

Germany

So is that your next point? All of these people? Do I really have to go through then all? I was hoping you'd post some kind of attempt at science. That's much less time consuming to debunk.

Also, i never said 100%. It can't be that hard to find someone that disagrees with climate change and is in a reputable field. There are just countless more that disagree with that person.

If I have time today, I'll start looking into that.

I was hoping for something like the "Omg the ice us growing!" Point though. Would you like to try another one of those?

So Woody, do you believe we, as a society, are trying and striving for more efficient and renewable forms of energy? Do you think we as a society are trying to conserve fossil fuel as time goes by?

Yes or no.

If yes, do you believe it's enough?

If you do not believe it's enough how much more do you personally think should be done?

On a 1 to 10 scale. 1 being very slight changes 10 being extreme global change.

Just so nobody misunderstands what you are constantly babbling about.

WSS

First I'm crying now I'm babbling? Geez. I get that you don't like what I'm saying but come on.

Yes

Yes

No

Low number on a personal level, ~2

Higher number on a govt/industry level, ~5

So because we got to this point as a species because of evolution, we shouldn't do anything to limit the side effects of said continued evolution. Climate change, food shortage, causing species to become extinct. That's all alright because it was the result of a "natural" process.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. I don't see the logic in there of why we shouldn't try to prevent or limit the negative effects of our continued advancement as a species. Regardless of whether it's natural or not.

I'm also convinced now that the term "evolution" in this back and forth is being uses very loosely

I never said we shouldn't. in fact, I said innovation was the only solution. I even provided where i believe said innovation should come from.

no matter what we will still have to feed, shelter, protect ourselves.

And yes, if you believe in nature being the ruling law. there is currently no way to prevent or limit the negative effects of our existence (in re: to GW) other than population control or innovation. if i'm wrong, what else is there?

i'm also arguing innovation is part of the evolution process because it comes from our intellect. it seems you want to separate the two. I don't. A Ford mustang is as natural as a real one. (unless there is another dimension I'm unaware of)

it's not like if you raise X amount of dollars all of this goes away. None of your politicians are offering solutions, what they're actually proposing is they want money. they want control.

Global Warming has become the religion of the left. Leftist make fun of Christians for believing in zombies while they think they can win a staring contest with the sun. That's what I see anyway. I see Obama as a Sunday morning TV preacher asking for money for the lord.

Getting to get everybody on board with the advance of the liberal leftist

agenda is their religion.

they make up numbers faster that woodpecker does.

Oops. NOAA had to quietly backtrack.....

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/30/noaa-quietly-reinstates-july-1936-as-the-hottest-month-on-record/

I never said we shouldn't. in fact, I said innovation was the only solution. I even provided where i believe said innovation should come from.

no matter what we will still have to feed, shelter, protect ourselves.

And yes, if you believe in nature being the ruling law. there is currently no way to prevent or limit the negative effects of our existence (in re: to GW) other than population control or innovation. if i'm wrong, what else is there?

i'm also arguing innovation is part of the evolution process because it comes from our intellect. it seems you want to separate the two. I don't. A Ford mustang is as natural as a real one. (unless there is another dimension I'm unaware of)

it's not like if you raise X amount of dollars all of this goes away. None of your politicians are offering solutions, what they're actually proposing is they want money. they want control.

Global Warming has become the religion of the left. Leftist make fun of Christians for believing in zombies while they think they can win a staring contest with the sun. That's what I see anyway. I see Obama as a Sunday morning TV preacher asking for money for the lord.

Alright, I see more what you are saying now. Our evolution as a society through innovation and technology does not necessarily follow the same laws as natural evolution and natural selection though.

Yes, we as a species need to innovate to keep a sustainable future. We live in a capitalist world though. Money makes the works go round. That is a major obstacle in continued innovation. The other big obstacle are those that wish to deny the current science and throw "anti mmgw" shit at the wall until something sticks. That pollutes the public mind and allows them to think there is doubt in the greater scientific community. This reduces funding and reduces our ability to further understand the issue and further develop solutions. We need that money to drive innovation.

Alright, I see more what you are saying now. Our evolution as a society through innovation and technology does not necessarily follow the same laws as natural evolution and natural selection though.

I agree in the traditional sense. I understand what I'm saying isn't mainstream but "only the strong survive" to me includes being able to develop a nuclear warhead.

Yes, we as a species need to innovate to keep a sustainable future. We live in a capitalist world though. Money makes the works go round. That is a major obstacle in continued innovation.

Money is a major motivator for innovation.

The other big obstacle are those that wish to deny the current science and throw "anti mmgw" shit at the wall until something sticks. That pollutes the public mind and allows them to think there is doubt in the greater scientific community.

1. The burden of proof is on those who believe in mmgw. There is no direct evidence of its existence visible to the average man. Those who champion the issue fly private jets and are disingenuous about solutions.its incredibly lazy just to blame people you haven't been able to convince while the leaders of your campaign rape the earth. Maybe shaming the "deniers" is a waste of time, shame your leaders, they are killing your credibility.

2. I'm confused with this public mind thing, you don't want diverse thoughts challenging theories and ideas? Scientist are human, they are biased too, they can be corrupted too. Sorry but it wasn't even 100 years ago when scientist wanted to create a superior race. Science is just one side of the issue.

This reduces funding and reduces our ability to further understand the issue and further develop solutions. We need that money to drive innovation.

collective societies have under-innovated free ones, the native Americans never even invented the wheel.

i don't think the use of force is justified to obtain resources to study a theory. and if we believe it is, we don't deserve to stay. of course this is where we fundamentally disagree.

So who thinks the world, the planet, the environment is better off environmentally today and it was a thousand years ago?

WSS

Who's perspective?

I'm sitting in the A/C right now. Us humans do better in the built environment so I'm going to say I think the environment is better off today.

We wear shoes on paved paths.

I get what you're saying though, we need to find solutions to reduce our waste. It's a legit argument and partially why i would argue we don't deserve to stay.

TX, you have a really strange way of saying what you're saying! I think I understand what you're saying though. You haven't seen any evidence of global warming (cal's point of view)? To that, I say you're not looking hard enough, but then, why should you? If you're interested, check out the nasa website for the basics of the science.

It sounds then like you're saying that we can't reverse the warming (if any is taking place), steve's viewpoint. So we need to adapt as a species to our new environment? That's an interesting take - it's not something that we can stop so we'd better learn to live with it.

On top of that you're saying that the only thing we can do is innovate. So the only thing we can do is invent new ways of doing things? you've said that anyone claiming to need your money to combat global warming is a con artist, yet you've said above that 'money is a major motivator for innovation' - so where's the money coming from? Big business shouldn't be relied on to lead the charge. They'll make the decision that's best for them, and what's best for them is profits, and covering their building in solar panels (for example) isn't a money spinner.

Who's perspective?

I'm sitting in the A/C right now. Us humans do better in the built environment so I'm going to say I think the environment is better off today.

We wear shoes on paved paths.

I get what you're saying though, we need to find solutions to reduce our waste. It's a legit argument and partially why i would argue we don't deserve to stay.

actually tex my point was directed more towards the guys who's point it is that human beings are the ultimately advanced race in the universe and are much smarter than bacteria. You see bacteria, they say, reproduce without thinking of how they might harm the host. Ah but human beings we can make things better! Well we've been here for thousands of years and I would ask the environmentalists if the world itself is healthier and cleaner because of human habitation. That's much different than the human beings adapting to their surroundings.

F'rinstance we could wear a spacesuit and hang out on the moon. That doesn't mean the moon is a more inviting place.

;)

I mean now we have global warming and pollution and dirty water and barren spots where the rainforest used to be and over populated hell holes in the third world... Mankind did all that right boys? so how are we smarter than the bacteria?

WSS

We have pro football and gardens, and real marriage... chocolate covered peanuts,

and green tea..

I mean, really.

Can any lib on the board actually read the information by these

scientists, and still say you believe in the absolute fact that mankind

is creating global warming, based on inrefutable evidence, that "the debate is over"?

This was the article about the report

This is the report:

Can any lib on the board actually read the information by these

scientists, and still say you believe in the absolute fact that mankind

is creating global warming, based on inrefutable evidence, that "the debate is over"?

This was the article about the report

This is the report:

You keep politicising everything - it shouldn't be up to 'any lib' as you keep maintaining, rather 'any person with some kind of scientific knowledge'

I'll take a look at them when I get a chance and get back to you.

dang, Chris - you're right - the first link redirects back to the board. I even copied and pasted

from the site, and...

???

But it works fine in the original post. So, I just copied and pasted the whole post, above, and it works fine.

I have no idea what happened....

dang, Chris - you're right - the first link redirects back to the board. I even copied and pasted

from the site, and...

???

But it works fine in the original post. So, I just copied and pasted the whole post, above, and it works fine.

I have no idea what happened....

Just remember next time you accuse me of not following links you post?

Archived