THE BROWNS BOARD

some music from Westsode Steve Simmons

http://soundcloud.com/westside-steve-simmons/she

Hi guys. I don't know if anybody's interested but between my solo CD is this winter I was working on a compilation of some ballads and standards. These won't be for sale I will press a few just to give to friends or anyone would like to have one I'm also going to put some of the songs this Soundcloud page. Check it out if you are interested. if you like them it would be great if you followed the page and even shared it! I will be adding more songs from the standards project as well as some other odds and ends of my own. This song was originally sung by Elvis Costello in the movie Notting Hill.

let me know what you think!

Thanks

WSS

very freakin nice!

there's always a time and place for a great ballad or a standard. and as i get older the melancholy music seems to hit home more than ever before.

the production quality is fantastic. do you have your own studio? did you record this yourself playing all instruments or do you have musicians that accompany you?

very freakin nice!

there's always a time and place for a great ballad or a standard. and as i get older the melancholy music seems to hit home more than ever before.

the production quality is fantastic. do you have your own studio? did you record this yourself playing all instruments or do you have musicians that accompany you?

I do have a studio in my house. (Roland V700 Sonar X3 Pro) In these cases I am only showcasing my voice. I have about 15 ballads and standards so far, some of them I've programmed and some I'm using commercially available backing tracks.

WSS

have you ever, in your many years of playing music, travelled outside of ohio on a type of tour?

Oh hell yes. The band, Easy Street, 1970-1988 played across the US as far west as Denver Colorado as far south as Texas southeast to Florida and across Ontario.

Shared the stages with some well-known acts probably the best-known of which would have been Carl Wilson, Gregg Allman, meatloaf, Tom Petty. also lesser known acts including Southside Johnny, Pat Travers, Joe Ely, head east, Michael Stanley, Artful Dodger and some others who have probably slipped my mind. I've been solo sincentives www.easystreetband.com

WSS

awesome.

saw travers at the old richfield coliseum for one of three main act concerts i saw there styx, queen or kiss. can't remember which one.

michael stanley was one of my fave cleveland bands way back when.

Oh hell yes. The band, Easy Street, 1970-1988 played across the US as far west as Denver Colorado as far south as Texas southeast to Florida and across Ontario.

Shared the stages with some well-known acts probably the best-known of which would have been Carl Wilson, Gregg Allman, meatloaf, Tom Petty. also lesser known acts including Southside Johnny, Pat Travers, Joe Ely, head east, Michael Stanley, Artful Dodger and some others who have probably slipped my mind. I've been solo sincentives www.easystreetband.com

WSS

Don't forget playing backup to Chuck Berry.

Nice work Steve!!

Pardon my spam, but I have a couple cds out myself..

https://soundcloud.com/axe-music/undercurrents-12-9

https://soundcloud.com/axe-music/escape-from-sheol-full

And a very old one from the first effort..

https://soundcloud.com/axe-music/battle-axe

Hey, it's the offseason and we're all trying to fight off the boredom... -_-

Well I hope you enjoy it :) It's a lil different..

I spent what felt like a couple lifetimes out on the circuit playing everyone else's stuff so I stay away from covers these days.. I have a fairly extensive lil home playground ( I will never again use the word "studio") where I can do everything myself music wise and do my Sat night radio thing as well.. I do collab with a Canadian Bassist on "Escape from Sheol" and the track in my sig..

Thanks for listening :D

powerful stuff axe, it makes me want to follow Odin into battle!

what are you using for drums?

WSS

Battle Axe certainly was written in this mentality, almost 15 yrs ago :D

odin_by_kejablank-d6f644b.jpg

:D

Pardon the intrusion to your thread.. I use Superior 2.0 for drums but honestly, Toontrack sent me EZdrummer 2.0 and I have to say I'm impressed! I didn't expect to be.. I don't know if you use this type of thing in your "In Home Playground" but if you have a use, look in to it..thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Battle Axe certainly was written in this mentality, almost 15 yrs ago :D

odin_by_kejablank-d6f644b.jpg

:D

Pardon the intrusion to your thread.. I use Superior 2.0 for drums but honestly, Toontrack sent me EZdrummer 2.0 and I have to say I'm impressed! I didn't expect to be.. I don't know if you use this type of thing in your "In Home Playground" but if you have a use, look in to it..thumbsup.gif

I do, actually. There are so many MIDI drumming programs. And recorded loops. I've tried a few of them and don't particularly love me. Session drummer comes with sonar X 3 and all previous versions.

Nice stuff you guys..Heres My soundcloud page of Demos I made..All My own compositions and ideas except Maggot Brain lol...Some of the mixes are crap but. hey..it was fun putting them together.

https://soundcloud.com/nick-costa-7/tracks

Archived