THE BROWNS BOARD

Cal's points on global warming

gftChris

Just trying to keep these separate so they don't get swallowed up.

1. Google "un official global warming redistribution of wealth" and see what you get.

Maybe if you do your own searches, you'll read the links.

2. This is a complicated issue. CO2 is not a poison, but it absorbs solar flare activity,

the trouble is, CO2 has increased, and the temp has not. If you want to say that one day,

a certain level of CO2 would all of a sudden send our global temp into a warming period,

I'm "cool" with that. Except we don't know that, and our global temps have been cooling for years,

and scientists are baffled, along with more ice in the polar regions, when those polar regions

were supposed to have already melted away completely, sending oceans to flood major parts of

the continents.

3. http://www.napsnet.c...ve/34/50144.pdf

4. http://sciencespeak....SimpleProof.pdf

5. http://www.thenewame...ming-is-a-farce

6. http://www.climatech...ot_man_made.htm

7. http://www.sott.net/...climate-paradox

8. http://www.oism.org/news/s49p1828.htm

9. http://www.epw.senat...ED-ECD53CD3D320

10. http://wattsupwithth...ann-et-al-2011/

11. http://www.nipccreport.org/reports/ccr2b/ccr2biologicalimpacts.html

Eleven arguments. So be it, you shall be the fellowship of the right wing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you and Chris can thwart reality with your gay liberal magic twangers.

In other words,

what you want, is for me to start a separate thread instead of a lot of posts in one thread.

got it.

Yes, you and Chris can thwart reality with your gay liberal magic twangers.

In other words,

what you want, is for me to start a separate thread instead of a lot of posts in one thread.

got it.

No, we're just tired of going over the same arguments time and time again, and would like to actually have some discourse where we can either show you why the things you're posting are scientifically wrong or statistically irrelevant, or, in the case that you have posted something that stands up, that we can do our own research in to it and learn from it.

So, you admit you are a science denier for the sake of political membership

in the phoney mmgw cult.

Got it.

I have just debunked all your posts because you're a fraud.

But, at least you aren't woodpecker, the butt of the board. You're higher on the

scum factor than he is, by a mile.

Erm...wah?! Science denier?! No. Science lover. Right now, I have the latest episode of a popular science magazine on my desk. Reading about quantum computing and the AI controlled subway in Hong Kong. It's fascinating stuff.

But no, you're right, I'm a fraud, I just want to take your money so I can give it to Mbonko and Balakalaka for their new A/C unit in downtown Nairobi.

A cherry picking, nitwilly, British, poop-tea drinking science lover, the love

for only partisan, progressive bs science.

Have a nice day.

A cherry picking, nitwilly, British, poop-tea drinking science lover, the love

for only partisan, progressive bs science.

Have a nice day.

It's like a dagger to the heart...how will I live with myself now? :'(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

Scientists questioning the accuracy of IPCC climate projections

Scientists in this section have made comments that it is not possible to project global climate accurately enough to justify the ranges projected for temperature and sea-level rise over the next century. They may not conclude specifically that the current IPCC projections are either too high or too low, but that the projections are likely to be inaccurate due to inadequacies of current global climate modeling.

Peter Stilbs, professor of physical chemistry at Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm[22]

Philip Stott, professor emeritus of biogeography at the University of London[23]

Hendrik Tennekes, retired director of research, Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute [24]

Fritz Vahrenholt, German politician and energy executive with a doctorate in chemistry[25]

Just get some sugar, I suppose, and sprinkle it on your crumpets, don't worry, and be happy.

Maybe Cal can give you some of that home-grown weed he's been smoking. We all know what he really means when he says he is 'gardening'. :)

same site:

Scientists arguing that global warming is primarily caused by natural processes
220px-Climate_Change_Attribution.png
magnify-clip.png
Graph showing the ability with which a global climate model is able to reconstruct the historical temperature record, and the degree to which those temperature changes can be decomposed into various forcing factors. It shows the effects of five forcing factors: greenhouse gases, man-made sulfate emissions, solar variability, ozone changes, and volcanicemissions.[26]

Scientists in this section have made comments that the observed warming is more likely attributable to natural causes than to human activities. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

hah. I don't smoke nothin. I drink root beer, green tea/sun tea, and homemade lemonade

with stevia powder.

Keeps my political perceptions keen and profoundly intuitive.

same site as above:

Scientists arguing that the cause of global warming is unknown

Scientists in this section have made comments that no principal cause can be ascribed to the observed rising temperatures, whether man-made or natural. Their views on climate change are usually described in more detail in their biographical articles.

Keeps my political perceptions keen and profoundly intuitive

If that's what you call, copy/paste other peoples ideas, then you are the keenest person here

Uuuggghhhhh. He's posting geography professors now....

I agree though, let's make this thread the one stop shop at figuring out why cal is wrong

Keep an open mind, he may have some points in there somewhere. I'm not holding my breath, but if there's something that requires some further investigation then so be it.

What else is there?

I'm not a scientist...so.......I can't post articles by and about scientists.....

because........

why?

What else is there?

I'm not a scientist...so.......I can't post articles by and about scientists.....

because........

why?

Then why do you pick sides? If you don't know what you are talking about then why do you choose to believe 1 side and not the other?

Then why do you pick sides? If you don't know what you are talking about then why do you choose to believe 1 side and not the other? B149

Seriously? Well, because I read a ton of stuff on issues, and I decide what I believe. And when I read up on, and listen

to experts say that mmgw is either a farce, or insignificant, or can't be proven....

your "the debate is over" is a crap sandwich with a side of lies.

You know, the nazis had a "consensus", too. doesn't mean they weren't sick in the head dishonest with power.

Maybe I should start posting some scientists who have been blacklisted/harrassed because they refused to

get on board the "the world has a fever, let us dem progressives and the UN make big money off of you" train,......

for damn good reasons.

Then why do you pick sides? If you don't know what you are talking about then why do you choose to believe 1 side and not the other? B149

Seriously? Well, because I read a ton of stuff on issues, and I decide what I believe. And when I read up on, and listen

to experts say that mmgw is either a farce, or insignificant, or can't be proven....

your "the debate is over" is a crap sandwich with a side of lies.

You know, the nazis had a "consensus", too. doesn't mean they weren't sick in the head dishonest with power.

Maybe I should start posting some scientists who have been blacklisted/harrassed because they refused to

get on board the "the world has a fever, let us dem progressives and the UN make big money off of you" train,......

for damn good reasons.

The thing is though, the thing you choose to believe reflects the party line of Republicans 100% of the time. That tells me you're not choosing to believe something based on taking in all the facts and weighing them against each other. You're choosing to believe something based on what the Republican pundit talking heads tell you you'd better believe.

The thing is though, the thing you choose to believe reflects the party line of Republicans 100% of the time. That tells me you're not choosing to believe something based on taking in all the facts and weighing them against each other. You're choosing to believe something based on what the Republican pundit talking heads tell you you'd better believe.

BINGO!!!!!!!

The thing is though, the thing you choose to believe reflects the party line of Republicans 100% of the time. That tells me you're not choosing to believe something based on taking in all the facts and weighing them against each other. You're choosing to believe something based on what the Republican pundit talking heads tell you you'd better believe. Cysko

That's foolishness. The reps are annoying me greatly on immigration. I want killer lasers installed on the border,

with enough AI to differentiate between the non-threatening illegals, and the threatening ones.

The latter gets the killer laser zap, and the rest just get the stun gun version.

That sound like republican party? hah. More likely, the reps tend to represent their base.

On the flip side, you libs are against guns. leftist dems told you to be. You libs are for obamaocare,

the dems told you to be. You favor mmgw, so the dems told you to be. That's your "logic", emotional style.

Nah. I'm hardly a follower in what I decide to believe. If it makes you feel less vulnerable to being wrong,

go for it.

So I take it you read nothing more about this study than that one sound bite.... Alright...

http://www.culturalcognition.net/blog/2013/10/15/some-data-on-education-religiosity-ideology-and-science-comp.html

trypng.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13

In this dataset, I found that there is a small correlation (r = -0.05, p = 0.03) between the science comprehension measure and a left-right political outlook measure, Conservrepub, which aggregates liberal-conservative ideology and party self-identification. The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending.

Except he doesn't draw any strong conclusions from this result or the Tea Party one. There isn't enough significance either way in his data set

The thing is though, the thing you choose to believe reflects the party line of Republicans 100% of the time. That tells me you're not choosing to believe something based on taking in all the facts and weighing them against each other. You're choosing to believe something based on what the Republican pundit talking heads tell you you'd better believe. Cysko

That's foolishness. The reps are annoying me greatly on immigration. I want killer lasers installed on the border,

with enough AI to differentiate between the non-threatening illegals, and the threatening ones.

The latter gets the killer laser zap, and the rest just get the stun gun version.

That sound like republican party? hah. More likely, the reps tend to represent their base.

On the flip side, you libs are against guns. leftist dems told you to be. You libs are for obamaocare,

the dems told you to be. You favor mmgw, so the dems told you to be. That's your "logic", emotional style.

Nah. I'm hardly a follower in what I decide to believe. If it makes you feel less vulnerable to being wrong,

go for it.

I love my guns, I don't like Obamacare, and I'm not completely buying the entire mmgw doomsday either.

Oh my God, I'm a conservative.

Oh wait, I'm not sure there is a God..................Now I'm confused....................

Archived