THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Hearing Continues Monday

hoorta

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st offense DWI is also a misdemeanor.

what state was it in? in Ohio it should have been called "OVI" i believe so was it elsewhere?

It was In North Carolina. And you're right- at least in Ohio, OVI doesn't become a felony until after multiple arrests- I think after your 4th, you can get a year in jail- though that rarely happens unless a personal injury occurs.

so what was the phone call? a conference call with his lawyers and goodell? so goodell basically fucked up this whole scheduling thing by being in canton instead of NY when gordon was going to be there.

anyways this just shows that the nfl isn't running the tight ship i thought it was. shows an unraveling at the top, which might be good for gordon.

still bullshit.

Not surprising. There is no hurry....at least on the part of the league. They can take until the season starts as far as they are concerned.. I fully expected this thing to not be resolved until just before the first regular season game.

Deciding it any sooner would simply be a courtesy to the Browns so they can prepare better know who they will have.....but the league is under no obligation to extend that courtesy....and often they don't.

I expect this to be done before the first pre-season game, on the basis of nothing at all. But, if it drags on to the regular season, then he can only come back in that time next year, so misses *all* of training camp - and let's be honest, there's about a 50% chance it'll be a completely new offense that he'll be going from scratch on.

If he was getting a year suspension then the decision shouldve been made already.

The NFL was and still is dragging their feet on this issue and if he is suspended for a year, they are now messing with the start of next year. If hes out a year, that means he couldn't even APPLY for reinstatement until the middle of camp next year, then it'd be another hearing to see if he'd be let back in. So if its a year theres a chance he misses the start of NEXT year too, all because the NFL has dragged their feet.

So it better not be a year, is what I'm saying. Because then they would have royally fucked the Browns.

Archived