THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Gordon Hearing Continues Monday

hoorta

In the late 1980's, the Univ. of Colorado had a very good QB named Darius Hagan, Heisman candidate, etc.

Hagan was from South Central L.A. For you younger members, watch "Boyz N the Hood" for a perspective of

where he came from. While in his senior season he went back to the hood one weekend to visit. His high school

coach basically said "It was good to see him, glad he's doing well, now I want him to get the hell out of here

before something horrible happens."

His coach's attitude has been replaced with 'Keeping it Real'. Keeping it Real is code for "we've been friends for

a long time, now you're making a lot of money, it's your responsibility to take care of me and give me money and let

me use your car, etc., 'cause I sure as hell don't feel like getting a job, trying to better myself, 'cause you have to

Keep it Real and let me sponge off of you indefinitely until the money runs out."

Ask Allen Iverson's broke ass how Keeping it Real has worked out for him.

Remaining close to childhood friends is one thing---having them glomm onto you and expect you to take care

of their sorry asses and put your career in jeopardy in order to Keep it Real is quite another.

It may sound harsh, but Josh has too much at stake to continue with this bullshit. Time for Josh to be a man and

pick the leech's off before they drag him under for good.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the late 1980's, the Univ. of Colorado had a very good QB named Darius Hagan, Heisman candidate, etc.

Hagan was from South Central L.A. For you younger members, watch "Boyz N the Hood" for a perspective of

where he came from. While in his senior season he went back to the hood one weekend to visit. His high school

coach basically said "It was good to see him, glad he's doing well, now I want him to get the hell out of here

before something horrible happens."

His coach's attitude has been replaced with 'Keeping it Real'. Keeping it Real is code for "we've been friends for

a long time, now you're making a lot of money, it's your responsibility to take care of me and give me money and let

me use your car, etc., 'cause I sure as hell don't feel like getting a job, trying to better myself, 'cause you have to

Keep it Real and let me sponge off of you indefinitely until the money runs out."

Ask Allen Iverson's broke ass how Keeping it Real has worked out for him.

Remaining close to childhood friends is one thing---having them glomm onto you and expect you to take care

of their sorry asses and put your career in jeopardy in order to Keep it Real is quite another.

It may sound harsh, but Josh has too much at stake to continue with this bullshit. Time for Josh to be a man and

pick the leech's off before they drag him under for good.

Exactly. This 'loyalty to old hood friends' is bullshit. They are trying to drag him down. Past time to cut the cord.

Lets put this in perspective.

You grow up with childhood friends, who remain your friends through your young 20's. You guys are thick as pea soup, peas in a pod, whatever metaphor you want to use.

And you think its just that easy to drop a lifelong BFF? If so, I don't ever want to be in a position where you are my friend. I'd be afraid that a speeding ticket would get me tossed outta your circle.

The second I quit smoking weed I dropped ALL my old friends and we were "tight". I HAD to. I still talk to them occasionally and we get together once or twice a year but I realized one of the only things we had in common was that we all liked to get high. They still do, I don't, so I have new friends now...

I'm at point where this needs to a full year suspension or nothing.

I say full year, because his contract will be on hold.

How is it fair to the Browns that you can effectively shorten your contract by screwing off & getting partial suspensions?

I don't see any way that it is.

From what I've seen evidence wise, this should be a no suspension deal, but the NFL is in a bit of a damage control mode right now so I don't know that this is going to happen.

Archived