THE BROWNS BOARD

CBSSports reporting Gordon most likely gets 8 games

StocktonShorts

It seems to me as each day goes by the NFL is just trying to figure out how to suspend him to save face about all this mess. Between the "truth" the media is reporting and what's behind closed doors is this: it's obvious Gordon and his legal team made a strong case. My guess is 4 games at this point. It's an escalation from the two from last year and they can cite the DUI and previous records to justify it.

All I know is as we much as we hate the Ravens, Ray Rice pretty much became our best friend in all this.

Can that happen in Josh's case?

In another thread there's a linked article that's really fantastic at explaining the legal issues. But the Ohio law stems not around when or how to test, but rather that if one of the two (a or B) samples is negative, then you cannot report the player as failing the test.

Because of the Star Caps win, he has a ton of weight behind his case. I expect that if he's suspended even 1 game, that he will take the NFL to court (like the Star Caps guys did), and get a TRO (temporary restraining order) on the suspension, and play in 2014.

That depends on where you chose to live. It would seem that punishment should be equal in all the teams for the same infraction.

In this particular instance, I happen to believe in the right of the corporation to discipline to the letter of the agreement between union and business. That doesn't mean however, that it's the way it always works... And it doesn't mean that it's always (as you said) fair.

not really. i think you'll see womens groups doing some type of on camera protests. wearing pink shirts with some anti-NFL saying on them. i'll guarantee it.

don't fuck with a pissed off lady. you should know that by now.

How well do you think it will go over when rice comes out in pink in October?

Not trying to be rude but that seems like a childish argument.

So you think that two players commit the same violation, one in CA, the other in GA. One gets suspended 8 games, the other none is fair? It should be a uniform punishment for everyone, hardly childish.

So you think that two players commit the same violation, one in CA, the other in GA. One gets suspended 8 games, the other none is fair? It should be a uniform punishment for everyone, hardly childish.

What I am saying is stating "it's unfair for ..." is a childish, liberal, everything should be equal for every situation argument. It's like arguing that its not fair that Florida and Texas don't have state income taxes so players can make more money off the same salary in those states, theoretically, giving those teams a higher salary cap. I don't want to get too political on this forum.

If a player is getting 8 games playing for Atlanta he isn't getting 0 playing for Oakland.

its childish because it reminds me of an argument you would have had with your parents when you were a child. "that's not fair, daddy." "well, the world isn't fair, son."

given the facts of the case I say any suspension is a screwing.

if he had failed both rounds with a high enough level that it was undoubtably smoking then a year would be fair.

WSS

Except if Godell rules that it a pattern of behavior with his iron fist, like someone mentioned earlier. I would bet it all that this would be his basis for suspension

Except if Godell rules that it a pattern of behavior with his iron fist, like someone mentioned earlier. I would bet it all that this would be his basis for suspension

Maybe but I wouldn't think it was a pattern of behavior if he was able to not smoke the stupid shit even while his homies were.

WSS

well the NFL has quietly turned mum on the disciplinary front. there are no links to anything related to disciplinary hearings on their website, although you can search and find articles.

aldon smith met with goodell yesterday and you'd be hard pressed to know it if you were to go to nfl.com.

3 felony gun charges reduced to misdemeanors (really?...how does that happen?), a DUI and a false bomb threat at LAX. in the article the niners are expecting him to get 8 games but are hoping for 4-6 game suspension.

first off how do the feds not charge this guy with a crime being he made a bomb threat in a national airport? second how do you get 3 felonies (gun charges) dropped to misdemeanors? and the most disturbing getting a DUI at 6:30 in the morning all get reducedto where he spends 10 nites in jail and pays 2 thousand dollars in fines?

john q. public would be looking at a year easy.

and i believe goodell would face even more criticism if he goes lighter on smith than he does gordon. he's in a no-win situation right now considering how they dropped the ball on the ray rice deal.

The Browns should sue the league for dragging this out so long. It is beyond ridiculous to put a team in this position. They have no idea what the receiver situation is and may not until the end of the preseason. There is no good reason for this to have not been settled months ago.

Archived