THE BROWNS BOARD

West or Crowell or Tate. Who is really the best Back?

dawgpound101

To Clarify on Crowell. I think he has good route running and hands. I like his fluid movement to the hole. I like that he follows his blockers til it is time to juke and run or run over someone. I also like his ability to change direction and lose little to no speed....thoughts gentleman?

well tate has been tested at the nfl level and has done good WHEN healthy.

it's up to west and crowell to push the ball down the field now.

i thought west was just going to be a goal line bruiser but i've seen he can do it all.

meanwhile crowell=marshawn lynch...BEAST MODE.

Crowell is a bell cow in his own right IMO. I hope both West and Crowell continue to run like they have and evolve as backs.

They both possess fantastic vision and patience already. I was bit concerned with West during the preseason as more often than not he would get happy feet and dance like a stripper in need of formula for her baby.... But since Tate went down he has shown us that he was simply suffering from rookie jitters and trying to do to much.

Crowell is a bit more patient and more of a North-South runner in my opinion. He is a savage runner and I agree with you Mik, he possesses many Marshawn Lynch-like qualities.

The best part of all this is they complement each other perfectly. West is your big play, shifty-but-can-still-smash-you one cut back while Crowell is the Thor's hammer, inside zone run cruise missile looking to smash defenders at every opportunity. Some of the hits he has layed already are quite impressive.

I was very very impressed with how Pettine and Shanny Jr chose to use them against the saints last week. Instead of trying to shuffle them in and out and play them situationally, they seemed to run West until he was breathing hard then they would send in Crowell and drop the hammer. Once Crowell started to tire they would brjng back in West. That is absolutely brutal on a defense both mentally and physically. Instead of dealing with a feature back who is nearly as tired as the defenders themselves their constantly forced to adapt to two guys with fresh legs with different styles of running.

A+ for Farmer for drafting West and snatching up Crowell as a UDFA. These two are the future of our football team provided they stay healthy and continue to run with authority.

I love the fact that our running game is nuts right now. We have 3, yup 3 good running backs in our lineup. Stoked to watch today, but I have to find my jeep first. No fucking clue where that thing is right now.

IMO... Tate is our best at present. He combines the best of West (shiftiness and receiving) and Crowell (one cut and finishes).

In time the rooks may surpass Tate, but not quite yet...

I like Crowell to emerge as feature back by the years end

Agreed. He is the most explosive back, and as his understanding of the offense improves, so should his blocking and hot route running. Love the kid.

I love the fact that our running game is nuts right now. We have 3, yup 3 good running backs in our lineup. Stoked to watch today, but I have to find my jeep first. No fucking clue where that thing is right now.

Well its 12 hours later...............I hope you found that jeep.

Yep 3 great backs and all damn good. Great problem to have.

Archived