THE BROWNS BOARD

Alex Mack - Out for the Season

JAFBF

Bummer for sure, but now it's the next man up. The way the next man uppers played today on both sides of the ball, I'm not super worried.

Could be the season, but I thought a clean break could be as little as 8 weeks.

Anyway... Gonna miss Alex, but we have a stretch to gel the new set up before the tests get more severe... just keep the new 5 healthy.

Saying it's not ankle but a broken lower leg now, definitely done for the season.

Dr Hoorta sez- if it a clean fibula break- 8 weeks. (assuming all that is). A tibia break, or ligament damage- yeah, longer.

Sounds like he's gone, here's the latest (still not sure what exactly it is) :

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 2h 2 hours ago Unfortunately @Browns C ALEX MACK L ankle/leg fracture confirmed. Likely surgery/IR as initial mechanism indicated.

Followed up later with :

David J. Chao, MD @ProFootballDoc · 1h 1 hour ago Reported fibula fracture on @Browns C Alex MACK is only part of problem. High ankle ligament tear is what will land him on IR.

Holy Shit, you have xray eyes? Dude I need those

I bought a pair of X-ray glasses once a long time ago... Ad in the back of a comic book.

Do we have reliable backup?

I just remembered a playoff game between the Steelers and Bengals where A Pittsburg player rolled over on Carson Palmer's leg. Bengals lost and Palmer never went back to the playoffs with the Bengals again.

I just remembered a playoff game between the Steelers and Bengals where A Pittsburg player rolled over on Carson Palmer's leg. Bengals lost and Palmer never went back to the playoffs with the Bengals again.

That was an ACL IIRC. Yeah, if it's a fibula break with ligament damage- or any damage to his ankle- he's probably gone for the year. BUT- the Browns can do the "designated for return" on IR- get ready for the playoff run. :)

Archived