THE BROWNS BOARD

Did the refs today save Tampa's tackles?

Clevfan4life

I swear it looked like almost the entire first half our edges were being flagrantly held like nothing I've noticed before. I know for a fact that Kruger got robbed of at least two sacks because he was gettin hooked like fish. Same goes for Sheard. Our edges looked like they were gonna make a joke out of this game in the first quarter. The holding subsided later once our guys were more fatigued and not coming off as hard, but never fully went away. Saw it return in the 4th quarter. The refs blew "one" flag for holding and that was the guard holding Kirksey on a blitz. Our edges could have set the tone for that game in the 1st quarter. Instead, like always, we couldn't stop the run and also couldn't murder the QB despite being right there.....that let Tampa establish something in the 1st half. Did anyone else see this bullshit? Glennon should have been picking grass out of his mask the entire 1st half.

I can't say I was watching closely, but one play I almost went through the TV at was the hands to the face on Bryant that resulted in a fumble. They show the replay and our best friend cousins had his hands on Bryant's helmet for at least two second before Bryant did it as well. Of course that's going defense though.

That on top of the fact Evans pushed off on 75% of his catches, although that's just how it goes now.

That on top of the fact Evans pushed off on 75% of his catches, although that's just how it goes now.

Bingo!

He finally got called for it on the last drive. The guy pushes off more than Steve Smith & Michael Irvin- how do they let a rookie get away with that?

Bingo!

He finally got called for it on the last drive. The guy pushes off more than Steve Smith & Michael Irvin- how do they let a rookie get away with that?

Yup... My draft take on him was that he would lead the league in Offensive PI calls. Silly me... I forgot how infrequently that's called.

Funniest part though? I thought the one he was called for at the end was one of his lesser offenses for the game. Just shows what I know...

Bingo!

The funny part is he did it in college and I always thought the NFL would make more of those calls. Obviously not. Also wonder if JF appreciated being made fun of by a former teammate..

The funny part is he did it in college and I always thought the NFL would make more of those calls. Obviously not. Also wonder if JF appreciated being made fun of by a former teammate..

I hate bitching about refs, but any other team would have got fifteen if they turned and taunted the bench after a score

Yeah i laughed at that. Wake up call, your old teammates were tired of your antics also.

Uh the helmet to helmet hit on hawk was agregious. Gholston is lookin at a huge fine. The refs were awful all game tampas oline was constantly holding, arms wrapped around the neck tackling defenders. It was horrible.

I thought it was odd that Evans kept doing the Money taunt after he scored... Isn't he friends with Johnny? Why would you taunt and try to make fun of a friend? Even if he isn't a friend the guy helped Ya get drafted first round...

I saw one play where Karlos Dansby got clipped and chopped at the knee's and no call was made.. since when has it been legal to clip a player?

A couple points..

First, it was Goldson, not Gholston that will get fined.. Gholston is the dumbass that bit on the hard count that took a 4th & 4 1/2 at about the 8 to a 4th and 1/2 yd at about the 3 yd line..

Second, You can call multiple penalties on every play either way in the NFL.. But do you want to?

The fact that you guys are still whining about the refs after a win is a bit pussified..

3rd, Wasn't Evans drafted way ahead of Johny Bench? So who helped who get picked in the 1st rd might be in question considering Evans plays, and contributes....

4th, I think JB and Evans are ok with each other

JohnnyEvans.jpg

...since when has it been legal to clip a player?

I believe it's always been legal inside the tackles, but not elsewhere. Used to be a commonplace call... not so much anymore.

A couple points..

3rd, Wasn't Evans drafted way ahead of Johny Bench? So who helped who get picked in the 1st rd might be in question considering Evans plays, and contributes....

... Ya I'm pretty sure they helped each other. Yet that was hardly the point.

I stated it was really odd that a guy making plays in a game would taunt his buddy using his sign, as he is sitting on the bench knowing full well the media would play it up like they did when Sam did it after sacking him. That's something you do to someone you don't like. Dick move for a friend to do.

Archived