THE BROWNS BOARD

Tashaun Gipson

Its about time this guy gets some recognition. This whole secondary has stepped it up, but who saw this

undrafted "role player" leading the NFL in INTs with 6?

He dropped another one would be INT last night, but the forced fumble made up for it in the turnover

department.

You guys might think its too soon to say this, but I think we got our own Ed Reed caliber safety

in Tashaun Gipson. You know, the type of player that is a nightmare for Quarterbacks..

You guys might think its too soon to say this, but I think we got our own Ed Reed caliber safety in Tashaun Gipson. You know, the type of player that is a nightmare for Quarterbacks.

Gip has Reed's ball-hawking, opportunism and last week flashed Reed's route reading skill by beating an OAK WR to the ball, but...

Reed was a nightmare for receivers as well as QBs... would rock their world.

Also Reed had return skills that even earned him spot duty on punts in his final days in BLT.

I love, Gip... and he has years to earn comparability with a first ballot HoF FS, but as you said, it's too soon.

I agree. And its not just the name. Last year some on here were all about "the biggest need for the Browns was to find a FS in the draft to replace the UDFA we got there".

Haven't heard much of that BS lately, have we?

I wonder how Mike H. is doing?

Gipson, Skrine, Haden and Hoyer were his whipping boys ... they all particularly struggled last night in that important divisional game.

Zombo

It really comes down to Sheard and Kruger and the whole front to getting pressure. They seem to get better as the

season goes on. They were sure flying on Thursday. There's no wonder why gingerboy shit his pants almost every

play.

Dez Bryant finally flashing his worth for once was nice as well.

If this front and secondary keep progressing, this D will be fun to watch in the upcoming years.

Hopefully the rungame can keep progressing as well.

I couldn't understand the "replace Gipson" talk either. The kid has done nothing but improve since he was signed as a UDFA to where he is now, being mentioned among the league's best at free safety.

My favorite part of draft week is the signing of UDFAs. Those guys are hungry & don't come with a feeling of entitlement. In addition to Gipson, we have K'Waun Williams, Isaiah Crowell, Taylor Gabriel, who have all made significant contributions as UDFAs. Three others that come to mind who started as UDFAs are Andrew Hawkins, Johnson Bademosi & that HOYER guy & I may have missed some.

Some folks look at UDFAs as "training camp fodder". I look at them as "untapped potential" & where would be without the aforementioned players?

Gipson is a "must sign" free agent. PAY the man!

Mike

I have been a Buster Skrine fan since his rookie year. The kid has always reminded me of Frank Minnifield.

A LOT of these young men's successes are due to some very nice coaching this year.

Mike

Posted Today, 02:22 AM

I have been a Buster Skrine fan since his rookie year. The kid has always reminded me of Frank Minnifield.

A LOT of these young men's successes are due to some very nice coaching this year.

Mike

Very true ! I Skrine is an amazing, talented "little" player - but I have fun arguing with Canton Mike
over stuff...lol.....but this week, he asked me what player he thinks of, when he watches Buster play.
Of course, I knew it was Frank Minnifield, I thought that at times too... except Skrine has never had
two really ridiculous penalites in a row, on a very important drive in an important game.
Minnifield let his emotions get to him sometimes. Skrine plays more on an even keel.
Skrine mentioned that he didn't play well vs the Bucs... against the much taller wr's.
But he came back and helped the secondary rock the place.

i'm just glad we finally saw a defensive performance worthy of the preseason hype.

who'd a thunk it'd take half a season for those guys to finally gel? pettine said after the game that o'neil called a great game and that the players are believing (finally) in what the coaches are selling.

now if desir ever found his pro game farmer would be GM of the year..........

Correction, Mik.....It's WHEN Desir FINDS his pro game. See what a couple words can do?

Mike

Correction, Mik.....It's WHEN Desir FINDS his pro game. See what a couple words can do?

yessir!

I recently saw a Pettine interview where he said Desir was a "red shirt" from the day he was picked and they had no aspirations of him seeing the field this year.....BUT.....that he thought he would be good and in the mix NEXT year for sure!

If he steps up and Gilbert works it out, our D backfield will be the best and deepest in the league.

I've read before that pettines defense can take a while for the players to get used to. Granted his other teams got it much quicker but I hope last game was a sign that its starting to work.

My biggest gripe of the season has been the lackluster defense that was hyped so much. I understand it takes time to learn a new scheme but I thought the talent we have would have gotten it together sooner.

But overall I'm ecstatic about this season. It's been the most fun I've had with football since I can't remember when.

who'd a thunk it'd take half a season for those guys to finally gel?

... the players are believing (finally) in what the coaches are selling.

I believe that would be Pettine... six to eight games as I recall.

Easier to believe when you're winning... and even easier yet when you are dominating.

Archived