THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Texans Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

You'd be a really ignorant football fan to put this loss on one player. The Browns laid one big pile of shit as a group. We all knew there would be a few more losses, but unlike other teams we're getting a HUGE piece back late in the season. Monday is time to watch film and put it in the past. That's what Denver will do, that's what all good teams do. In a way I'm glad they got all the crap out in one game (hopefully)

Sums it up very well. There wasn't one facet of this game where we did well beyond a play or two. Overall pathetic play. I do not believe I saw us even hurry Mallet one time. Giving the benefit of the doubt I left my seat to piss twice LOL perhaps it happened then?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot of you are missing a key point. Yes, the team didn't play very good today and to blame it all on Hoyer is not right. But guess what, an average NFL team is going to play below average quite a bit. Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games. As solidly as Hoyer has performed this year, when the team plays bad he has no chance of bringing his team to victory. When everybody plays good like last week, Hoyer has less pressure and can make the right throws when he needs to. That is what you get with Hoyer. I think Johnny can win a few games by himself when the rest of the team is not playing well. If the line isn't blocking, maybe he gets away from pressure and gets first downs. If the running game isn't going, Johnny can be a running game by himself. If Hoyer isn't throwing accurate passes the game if over. If Johnny isn't throwing accurate passes (which I have seen maybe once) he can use his legs to get positive yards.

This isn't a knock on Hoyer. When we lose a game like this a lot of the blame should go on other players. But completing less than 50% of his passes isn't going to stop. He did it in college and he continues to do time after time. I can't argue with the record and if the team plays good 10+ games a year and plays good in the playoffs he will be here a long time. But something has to give with these periods of below average play from the team and from Hoyer.

#Browns Desmond Bryant: "We may have been sitting back a little bit, kind of catching more than we were delivering.''

I said something like this in the Tavern today.......... I said that "our defense is reacting and not attacking". I thought that the Texans did a great job with their game plan, and we, well, it wasn't our best.

#Browns Desmond Bryant: "We may have been sitting back a little bit, kind of catching more than we were delivering.''

I said something like this in the Tavern today.......... I said that "our defense is reacting and not attacking". I thought that the Texans did a great job with their game plan, and we, well, it wasn't our best.

Why were they sitting back?>???????????????

A 1st time starting QB and a backup rb, should have been a feeding frenzy

The coaching on the defensive side of the ball was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad to say I really expected this outcome.

Team loss, plain an simple, very few bright spots.

We're playing with a backup at C and we've got injuries all over the D.

Sheard and Winn hurt today.

Also looks like we lost Dansby today - probably out for the Season.

You think our D was bad before, without Dansby in there making the calls and plugging holes it's going to get really ugly.

Hoyer took a couple hits, one of them possibly a concussion type hit . . . if so, will he risk reporting it?

Bad, bad game in many ways.

Dansby hasn't plugged a single hole this whole season....but....we will miss his leadership at that position. I didn't have that high hopes from him before the season, I just thought bringing in a vet to replace DQ was maybe not the worst decision..as long as we drafted the stud fucker that would eventually cpt our defense. Which is why Mack was begrudgingly 2nd on my board behind Watkins...cause Mack was my sentimental #1. Same with Werner the year before even though I wasn't mad at the Mingo pick. Werner is coming on nicely at Indy...tongights' a big night for them.

If you want to blame Hoyer then you should never speak on this board again because you are an idiot.

I 2nd this. I know it's the internet and it's become a sanctioned playground for idiots...but the board mods should feel free to start kicking people claiming Hoyer is responsible for every loss we've had this season.

ESPN said Foster wasn't gonna play yesterday! lol

On the other hand the following are apparently smart... be they facts or opinions...

"Haden did nothing." Haden had no impact on the game, the INT only stalled HOU to take the lead later in the half

"(Pressure never affects accuracy.)" He was inaccurate even with not much pressure

"(A 2nd Qtr turnover determined the outcome of the game.)" Well it was a 10-14 point swing and since we only scored 7 the whole game. yeah it determined the game.

So one of ESPN's "source says" reports panned out... congratulations. I'll pin a note stating so to your dunce cap.

I 2nd this. I know it's the internet and it's become a sanctioned playground for idiots...but the board mods should feel free to start kicking people claiming Hoyer is responsible for every loss we've had this season.

Hoyer didn't help us win, but he sure DIDN'T help us lose.

The running game was not there and the run defense was AWFUL

the run defense was AWFUL

That's being nice. I'm at the point where I would tell them to their face they are soft little vagina's on their backs and spreading their legs for every O line that comes to town. I'm so mad about this run D that I barely made a sound today watching the game. I just sat there brooding and fuming internally. I've now seen the same shit for the nth time....runs gashing us straight up the middle to start the game, than our OLB'ers pinching in and getting sealed later on and runs starting to break outside for big yards. It's infuriating. I think that's how Sheard got hurt to btw, not sure. When you have to ask your edges to pinch in you're acknowledging how bad you are up the middle. And did anyone notice how many tackles our secondary were making in the run game near the line of scrimmage? Also infuriating. When we had a good run stop in the 1st half...when the pile stood up it was guys with some number in the 30's. Not a single 50's to be found except standing over the pile congratulating the DB's on a job well done. Fuck I'm getting mad typing this.

That's being nice. I'm at the point where I would tell them to their face they are soft little vagina's on their backs and spreading their legs for every O line that comes to town. I'm so mad about this run D that I barely made a sound today watching the game. I just sat there brooding and fuming internally. I've now seen the same shit for the nth time....runs gashing us straight up the middle to start the game, than our OLB'ers pinching in and getting sealed later on and runs starting to break outside for big yards. It's infuriating. I think that's how Sheard got hurt to btw, not sure. When you have to ask your edges to pinch in you're acknowledging how bad you are up the middle. And did anyone notice how many tackles our secondary were making in the run game near the line of scrimmage? Also infuriating. When we had a good run stop in the 1st half...when the pile stood up it was guys with some number in the 30's. Not a single 50's to be found except standing over the pile congratulating the DB's on a job well done. Fuck I'm getting mad typing this.

Nothing is worse to watch then an NFL team running the ball, up and down the field, when your team can't stop them.

Nothing is worse to watch then an NFL team running the ball, up and down the field, when your team can't stop them.

Yup, and it's how your front guys get hurt if they're the ones being blown off the ball. When an O line is allowed to start to "dig in"...that's when you start to see injuries on the front 7 cause now they're "taking it"...just like Bryant said after the game.

You all see Watt pacing the sidelines he was so mad? And they were still winning at that point. He's a mean nasty pasty white ngr. You build a defense with mean nasty multi racial ngr's. I wouldn't mind a grousy ill tempered Samoan or two on this team .

I think a lot of you are missing a key point. Yes, the team didn't play very good today and to blame it all on Hoyer is not right. But guess what, an average NFL team is going to play below average quite a bit. Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games. As solidly as Hoyer has performed this year, when the team plays bad he has no chance of bringing his team to victory. When everybody plays good like last week, Hoyer has less pressure and can make the right throws when he needs to. That is what you get with Hoyer. I think Johnny can win a few games by himself when the rest of the team is not playing well. If the line isn't blocking, maybe he gets away from pressure and gets first downs. If the running game isn't going, Johnny can be a running game by himself. If Hoyer isn't throwing accurate passes the game if over. If Johnny isn't throwing accurate passes (which I have seen maybe once) he can use his legs to get positive yards.

This isn't a knock on Hoyer. When we lose a game like this a lot of the blame should go on other players. But completing less than 50% of his passes isn't going to stop. He did it in college and he continues to do time after time. I can't argue with the record and if the team plays good 10+ games a year and plays good in the playoffs he will be here a long time. But something has to give with these periods of below average play from the team and from Hoyer.

You! No! Not today. Fuck you. You and your Taxasness...

"The whole team lost, its not Hoyers fault"

I agree with this.

However if you honestly believed this in principle then why do so many of you quote "Hoyer is 9-_" whenever someone questions his statistics? Somehow when we lose its "Well everyone sucked today, its not his fault" but when we win its "Another win for Hoyer!" regardless of his play.

In every win or loss there are many layers, rarely is it one persons fault. Thats why its ridiculous to quote his "record" (which is always ballooned by 1 because everyone likes to count last years Buffalo game). There were games we have won this year that had nothing, NOTHING, to do with Hoyer. If you don't want him to take the blame for a loss, then quit giving him all the credit for wins and quit quoting his "record".

Now what you can do is say "Well the DLine played bad" true. Main reason for a loss. Crowell fumbled. True. Oline was bad. Somewhat true. Most OLines struggle with that beast Watt. You can't expect a Oline to be 100% perfect.

However when it comes to grading just how the QB did, this is completely unacceptable. Setting a team record for incompletions is completely unacceptable. 40% is awful. Its not even back up quality. 3-15 on 3rd down is awful. I don't care the distance, I don't care about what the run game did or whatever, its awful. The QB is supposed to be the guy that can get it down when everyone else isn't pulling their weight. Thats the point of the position. You by yourself can effect the game. Hoyer has been inaccurate all year and he's been awful on 3rd down all year. Now you can tell me that this loss isn't all on him and you're absolutely right, but Hoyer played awful. He didn't make those around him better. He didn't improve the teams chances of winning and he failed to provide a spark to a team who desperately needed it.

Miller High Life in a Champagne League

I agree with this.

However if you honestly believed this in principle then why do so many of you quote "Hoyer is 9-_" whenever someone questions his statistics? Somehow when we lose its "Well everyone sucked today, its not his fault" but when we win its "Another win for Hoyer!" regardless of his play.

In every win or loss there are many layers, rarely is it one persons fault. Thats why its ridiculous to quote his "record" (which is always ballooned by 1 because everyone likes to count last years Buffalo game). There were games we have won this year that had nothing, NOTHING, to do with Hoyer. If you don't want him to take the blame for a loss, then quit giving him all the credit for wins and quit quoting his "record".

Now what you can do is say "Well the DLine played bad" true. Main reason for a loss. Crowell fumbled. True. Oline was bad. Somewhat true. Most OLines struggle with that beast Watt. You can't expect a Oline to be 100% perfect.

However when it comes to grading just how the QB did, this is completely unacceptable. Setting a team record for incompletions is completely unacceptable. 40% is awful. Its not even back up quality. 3-15 on 3rd down is awful. I don't care the distance, I don't care about what the run game did or whatever, its awful. The QB is supposed to be the guy that can get it down when everyone else isn't pulling their weight. Thats the point of the position. You by yourself can effect the game. Hoyer has been inaccurate all year and he's been awful on 3rd down all year. Now you can tell me that this loss isn't all on him and you're absolutely right, but Hoyer played awful. He didn't make those around him better. He didn't improve the teams chances of winning and he failed to provide a spark to a team who desperately needed it.

Your relentlessness is awesome. Your catchphrase is a little corny.

But you will overcome. My main mensa man!

I agree with this.

The douche comes out of his hole

Absolutely! He must make us understand. Otherwise it will have all been for naught.

No true Browns fan would take delight, as well as try and take 'advantage' of a Browns loss, so they could try and prove their point. Only a troll / fanboy / punk does anything close to this........... Us real Browns fans lick our wounds, discuss / argue over what went wrong, and we look forward to the next game.

No true Browns fan would take delight, as well as try and take 'advantage' of a Browns loss, so they could try and prove their point. Only a troll / fanboy / punk does anything close to this........... Us real Browns fans lick our wounds, discuss / argue over what went wrong, and we look forward to the next game.

I know. And Stockton knows too. I want him to be able to enjoy the highs and lows with us instead of against us. Deep down l think he's a true Browns fan.

You hear me Stockton? You're allowed to be right and with us at the same time.

But be prepared to be wrong and with us too. Who knows. It's a crazy ride and there are no tracks.

You should have quit after the Cliff's Notes post...

I agree with this.

And then you proceed to disagree with yourself for the remainder of your post.

3-15 on 3rd down is awful. I don't care the distance.

Says it all...

Missed you after the Cinci game...

See you in a week or two,

IMO, I think today was the first time our little guys WR corps was exposed. In defense of Hoyer, he has much smaller targets to throw to and it affects his comp.%, we dont have guys that can give him 50/50 ball help, and we have nobody that is strong from the numbers to the sidelines. Austins the closest to that and they under utilize him in those regards. Getting Gordon back will definitely help Hoyer and his efficiency out bigtime.

The D blew balls for the most part and the run game is jeckle and hyde. Time to put this one to bed....

Amen, but what's up with the funky cursive? Giving me 2nd grade nightmares.

The reaction to this game is the ticket. I like our chances, and it's not predicated on who is coming on. It's a football mentality, from the top down, and l like our chances.

I have no idea about the font...dumb ipad

I'm sure it was only my mistaken impression, but it seemed like every time I looked at our "D-line" pre-snap I saw only two hands on the ground... usually Des Bryant's and Winn's. Not sure how we stop the run if that impression is even remotely close to true.

Unless you are an elite team, you are going to have bad games.

You need to explain this to Denver...

Dansby hasn't plugged a single hole this whole season....but....we will miss his leadership at that position.

Yeah... going to miss his leadership and not his non-plugging, team-leading, 73 total tackles...

And Indy, Seattle, Philly?, Detroit?, many more.

Every team has shown vulnerabilities, even the world beaters like Aaron Rodgers and NE.

Bad games meaning more than a couple. New England, Green Bay, and Denver might have 2 or 3 a season. I think the defense has played pretty good but the offense has played bad for at least 4 games and big stretches of others. Without the Mcfadden fumble or the blocked punt vs Tampa, Hoyer probably doesn't have a job anymore and we are 5-5 at best. In both of those games the offense was doing absolutetly nothing until the fumble and blocked punt.

Archived