THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3

gftChris

I say it is phony because it is made up. It is a TV rivalry, created just so TV could hype it. Yes, George Allen hyped up his players to get his players on edge for this game because the Redskins had been shitty for like 25 years before he got there, and the Cowboys under Tom Landry were the good team at that time. But that is not the basis of a real rivalry. They are rivals because they happen to be in the same division (which they shouldn't be), but are no more rivals really than the Giants/Eagles or Redskins/Eagles or Eagles/Cowboys or Redskins/Giants.

I see your point about a media generated rivalry, that may have been how it started, but this is a HUGE rivalry. I have a lot of respect for skins fans living in DC the last few years. They are not browns fan loyal and crazy, but they are close. They hate the cowboys as much was we hate the steelers. And regardless of how the rivalry started, it's become one of the biggest in the NFL.

I didnt know that. Interesting!

We were one the 'Boys earliest rivalries as we met in the playoffs a few times in DAL's developmental years.

It's when I learned to hate the Cowboys...

My first memory of the Cowboys, i must have been 8 or younger. They were playing the Redskins and my dad (insane Cowboy fan), asked if i wanted to double my money. He owned me like 18 bucks from doing house choirs. All i had to do was go for the Skins. I was greedy and agreed. Well, Dallas won and i remember crying afterwards. He said, thats was you get for going against the Cowboys.

I tried that same tactic on my little boy but he is still a Texan fan. Cant shake it off him, lol

Damn your family has some shitty taste in football teams....what happened to you?

well dallas gets a knock right off the bat with whoever claimed them to be 'america's team'. you know every other team in the NFL hates that label, correct? and when people say they have a nation of fans it's true........all bandwagon. how does someone growing up in ohio or ny become a dallas fan? the same way they do growing up to be a stooler fan. they are kids and they like the super bowl champs and proclaim them as their team. no loyalty to city or state. just the aura of a super bowl winner. i'm surprised half the fans have hung on as long as they have going through the??th years of not making it to the playoffs.

BUT yes as a rivalry i remember as a kid 40 some odd years ago the fans of the redskins dressed up with the snout-nosed women and one fan (a black guy....can i say that? lol) dressed up in a redskin colored velvet one-piece with beads and a hat and when dallas came into washington the shit went off the hook.

but that's when football was football. not this pussy assed shit we're seeing nowadays.

and jerrah must suck a mean cock to have the lifelong contract for thanksgiving day football. what a scam. them and detroit. who gives them the right?

Oh stop it, you sound silly. Best rivalry in football. NFC Beast should never be touched. Oh and Cowboys belong on Thanksgiving and will always be Americas Team. :wub:

Why don't you ask America if the cowboys are America's team? I seem to recall a poll and the only state that agreed with the cowboys being Americas team was Texas.

The traditional Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit has been a tradition since like 1934. Glomming on to that....and knowing that USA football fans wanted more NFL on Turkey Day, the Cowboys took up the tradition of having a second game. The Lions game ended at like 3:00 pm, and fans wanted more than just a college game.

I believe, actually, that Texas and Texas A&M played frequently on T-Day.

Now, I believe we have retained the "traditional" Detroit and Dallas Thanksgiving Day games and have added a third at night, which moves around to various cities.

My first memory of the Cowboys, i must have been 8 or younger. They were playing the Redskins and my dad (insane Cowboy fan), asked if i wanted to double my money. He owned me like 18 bucks from doing house choirs. All i had to do was go for the Skins. I was greedy and agreed. Well, Dallas won and i remember crying afterwards. He said, that’s was you get for going against the Cowboys.

I feel you. I, too, have cried a few times after gambling...

The traditional Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit has been a tradition since like 1934.

POP QUIZ: How many times have the Browns played on Thanksgiving Day?

Crap. Too bad the Browns didn't trade their draft for this

franchise qb who would have taken them to the superbowl

all by himself.

ha.

Once again it proves foolish to trade away draft picks for one player.

May go down as one of the worst draft day trades in the history of the NFL. Wow, did the Browns dodge a bullet. I said at the time it was crazy to give up that much for one player.

Oh stop it, you sound silly. Best rivalry in football. NFC Beast should never be touched. Oh and Cowboys belong on Thanksgiving and will always be Americas Team. :wub:

I've always said the Cowboys are South America's team. Everyone outside of Texas hates that label with a passion.

Regarding the Redskins rivalry. Jerry should have let it go. By all rights, the Cowboys should be in the NFC South, or West. The Browns gave up a heated rivalry with the Giants (Jim Brown vs Sam Huff was legendary) when they switched conferences. BTW, MHO is the Ravens belong in the AFC East.

May go down as one of the worst draft day trades in the history of the NFL. Wow, did the Browns dodge a bullet. I said at the time it was crazy to give up that much for one player.

I've always said the Cowboys are South America's team. Everyone outside of Texas hates that label with a passion.

Regarding the Redskins rivalry. Jerry should have let it go. By all rights, the Cowboys should be in the NFC South, or West. The Browns gave up a heated rivalry with the Giants (Jim Brown vs Sam Huff was legendary) when they switched conferences. BTW, MHO is the Ravens belong in the AFC East.

Better: put the Ravens in the NFC East, the Colts in the AFCN, and the Cowboys in the AFCS....with the Texans.

Or if you don't want teams switching confereces: Ravens to AFCE, Miami to AFCS, Colts to AFCN

The divisions are not going to be realigned anytime soon so i dont see the point in talking about it.

You can call the Cowboys whatever you want, its doesn’t change the facts. Dallas has a huge following and is worth over 4 Billion. Cowboy games are always the highest rated. Love em or hate em, people watch. The Cowboys/Redskin game this season was Monday nights highest rated game since 2009. People love the star on the helmet.

People like the tits and ass that come with your cheerleaders. That is what originally got the Cowboys a big following in the 70s, plus they won some.. If you cannot figure that out, you are a eunuch.

The Browns gave up a heated rivalry with the Giants (Jim Brown vs Sam Huff was legendary) when they switched conferences. BTW, MHO is the Ravens belong in the AFC East.

And, of course, Huff finished his career with the 'Skins...

"And go round and round in the Circle Game..."

Well, whadya expect for Weeden v. McCoy?

Beat me to it...

There comes a point in injury-plagued guys careers that they start playing not to get hurt as opposed to just playing naturally. It's completely understandable but it's clear to me RGII is at that point in his career. Talent wise you can see why people were salivating over the dude, but I'm glad we dodged the bullet there.

RG3 The gift that keeps on giving. I was critical of Holmgren when the Browns passed on RG3. But Thank God they had the foresight not to mortgage the team for this egomaniac. In retrospect I was just jealous that the Colts got Andrew Luck, the Skins got RG3 and we got Brandon Weeden. But hindsight is twenty-twenty and we got off easy whereas the Redskins will be regretting this move more than Ditka's folly with Ricky Williams.

He's a coach killer for sure and can't stay healthy. Maybe it's time to admit that the zone read system is also a qb killer.

There comes a point in injury-plagued guys careers that they start playing not to get hurt as opposed to just playing naturally. It's completely understandable but it's clear to me RGII is at that point in his career. Talent wise you can see why people were salivating over the dude, but I'm glad we dodged the bullet there.

Yeah... those of us that said, "no thank you," due to durability concerns aren't looking so bad now. A group led by the Colts' brain trust by the way...

The surprise to me are the character issues arising. Folks convincingly posted here about his "military family discipline", humility and "clear leadership qualities". Even more than the injuries, these issues now look to be propelling his undoing.

Loved Gruden's message... We shall see if it got through.

Yeah... those of us that said, "no thank you," due to durability concerns aren't looking so bad now. A group led by the Colts' brain trust by the way...

The surprise to me are the character issues arising. Folks convincingly posted here about his "military family discipline", humility and "clear leadership qualities". Even more than the injuries, these issues now look to be the propelling his undoing.

Yea, very awful attitude. All about himself, etc. Big mistake for WAS drafting him, but it's their fault as many people were fairly skeptical of RG3.

The surprise to me are the character issues arising. Folks convincingly posted here about his "military family discipline", humility and "clear leadership qualities". Even more than the injuries, these issues now look to be propelling his undoing.

I'd be lying if I wasn't somewhat in the trade away picks for RG3 camp that's for sure. I think the attitude stuff very well might be frustration finally boiling over. He knows what he can be and it's just not panning out. If he had a few good seasons he would have easily become the next $100+ million dollar QB. I can't say I wouldn't be frustrated too.

Archived