THE BROWNS BOARD

best year in a

LBC mike

I wouldn't call it a "great draft" just yet but time will tell.

Gilbert has done nothing and is now 4th string. Manziel is a question mark, Bitonio was the best draft pick so far. West and Kirskey have been solid. Desir is the odd man out.

Gabriel, Williams, and Crowell have been diamonds in the rough and great finds.

Pettine is a no non sense guy and great pick up, along with Shanahan. I hated those fucking schmucks like Chud, Shurmer, Romeo, and Mangini. Pettine is a fucking man compared to them.

I like the overall direction of this team and locking up some key FA's in the off season along with another draft class will be huge.

This is a great draft year and our UDFA pick UPS have been awesome this year.we are going to be contenders for a few years with this FO and coaching staff.

LBC, I understand what you are saying. This has been the strongest draft we have and in years. We have seen more impact players(not pro bowlers) but impact on our team, then we have in years. Yes, they may have been later picks in the draft, but who really gives a shit. I like the direction this team is heading, and the people we have making the decisions.

Farmer and his supporting cast of talent evaluators seem to be light years ahead of what we've seen the last few years.

I don't know what they're doing that the past regimes weren't, but if they keep doing it good thing will continue to happen.

I don't think we can properly judge Gilbert on this year. I don't remember Haden being lights out his first year either. And it's definitely conceivable the other rooks will continue to get better.

Watching this Raiders game.

Kahlil Mack is a fucking savage, we could of really used him this year.

We could have anyone that could contribute in the slightest. Spending 2 first round picks on players that don't impact your team in the field at all is not good

woulda coulda shoulda. i swear you must watch every rookie and just be pissed that we didn't choose them. (also don't let me find those posts where you called pettine and crew a bunch of pussy faggots).

too bad there's not a time machine huh? you could travel to the future and see who turns out to be great and who are the flops and then just jump back on draft day and pick gems.

out of every good pick there are prob 4 not so good picks and like ibleedbrown said to judge any of these guys in the first year is just dumb. sure some rookies look like monster picks when they are surrounded by schlubs. who woulda thought carr would be playing better than bortles or bridgewater?

the guy playing lights out tonite happens to be a 17 year vet named woodson.

who DID you want the browns to pick? is there a post somewhere? one week it's watkins, then it's mack, then it's the OL. wtf?

Before knowing Gordon would be suspended, Manziel, Sau Filo, and Jordan Mathews.

After knowing the day after the draft, Watkins, Manziel, OL

I'm not physic by any means, I simply stated The Browns could use Mack,

fuck... they could use Martin, Mosley, Watkins, anybody, etc.

I wouldn't call it a "great draft" just yet but time will tell.

Gilbert has done nothing and is now 4th string. Manziel is a question mark, Bitonio was the best draft pick so far. West and Kirskey have been solid. Desir is the odd man out.

Gabriel, Williams, and Crowell have been diamonds in the rough and great finds.

Pettine is a no non sense guy and great pick up, along with Shanahan. I hated those fucking schmucks like Chud, Shurmer, Romeo, and Mangini. Pettine is a fucking man compared to them.

I like the overall direction of this team and locking up some key FA's in the off season along with another draft class will be huge.

I have to agree with you. I was disappointed with the first round. I thought Evans or Khalil Mack at 4. As for Pettine, I'm more than pleased. I think we finally have a coach and offensive coordinator with Shanny.

You know fellas. we could banter back and forth all day long about this draft pick and that one. We don't have the luxury of sitting down and talking to prospective players and finding out what makes them tick. Some guys may be HOF'rs in one system but not another for a thousand different reasons. Believe me these scouts do more than clock 40 times and evaluate strength and agility. Most good scouts are just as interested in what's between a kids ears. I think we should trust the scouts to do their jobs , after all they're the ones with the most information.

GO BROWNS!

I was expecting a "fill-in-the-blank" thread...

woulda coulda shoulda.

I had the those exact words roll through my head before I scrolled down to your post.

I hear you, but they must have been confident in the Dansby pickup. We should definitely look at drafting another solid LB next April.

If anything, the success of the UDFA and late round picks means one thing - the best players will play. This creates an air of healthy competition that draft picks and potential free agents will gravitate to.

Not only that, but it sets a standard for every player passed up in future drafts that Cleveland is a place they will get a fair shake. Those guys are like free agents, they get to pick their team.

woulda coulda shoulda. i swear you must watch every rookie and just be pissed that we didn't choose them. (also don't let me find those posts where you called pettine and crew a bunch of pussy faggots).

too bad there's not a time machine huh? you could travel to the future and see who turns out to be great and who are the flops and then just jump back on draft day and pick gems.

out of every good pick there are prob 4 not so good picks and like ibleedbrown said to judge any of these guys in the first year is just dumb. sure some rookies look like monster picks when they are surrounded by schlubs. who woulda thought carr would be playing better than bortles or bridgewater?

the guy playing lights out tonite happens to be a 17 year vet named woodson.

Yea, like, instead of Spergon Wynn, we coulda taken the guy that went a few picks after him at #199.

Archived