THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank you Hoyer

kbndawg

He has given the team his all. Unfortunately, his all is just not good enough. We needed someone in the draft that would be the franchise starter for the next ten years and Farmer pulled another bone headed move. Gilbert and Manziel. When one of the rookie wide receivers plus a Derek Carr made sense. A lot of sense. This past draft made no sense. A cornerback at #8 and a tremdous gamble in Manziel. We have a rookie head coach, rookie GM and bad draft decisions. But still have won games. It will get better. Just not this year.

The other rookie QBs really haven't done that great, including Carr. Not that I don't expect them to get better, but are we really feeling remorseful that we skipped Carr or Bridgewater?

They've all shown flashes of being good but they've also looked atrocious at times as well. I mean the Raiders got beat by 52 fucking points today...Carr couldn't lead one garbage drive for a TD? Hell, at least Manziel did that today and I think the defense was a bit softer than it had been but it was still a game when he got the TD.

Even the Stocktoniest of Johnny fanboys would have to be a real dick to slam Brian. The dude came back from a blown out knee, won the starting job for his life long favorite team and as I type this, still has a winning record as the Browns' starting QB.

I don't want to bash Hoyer, he played his butt off, but he stopped getting better. He started getting worse. And he never recovered.

Everyone wants to see what Johnny is, so this is his shot.

AT 7-5 in the AFC, the Browns are almost done. They would have to win the rest of the games to have a good chance at the playoffs.

10-6 with a bad conference record is going to be a tough playoff berth. 11-5 would almost get us in for sure. But 10-6 and a bad conference record is a bad situation.

That stupid tie for the bungles is going to hurt us. As will the losses to JAX and BUF

Brian,

To date you're 3 for 3 in the 2014 Browns QB Derby and you may go 4 for 4, but you are making it very hard to do so.

Just when your footwork starts to shape back up, now your head has gone south.

Get it together, son.

But if it's too late, thanks for the ride...

I know this isn't college, but there were times when the guy was just magic at A&M. I want to get to watch that every week.

There are DVDs available...

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/3/19/4121860/review-2012-the-season-dvd-highlights-sumlin-aggies-manziel

Props go to Hoyer for getting us to at least have a meaningful game late November/early December - been a while since we've seen that.

When you're down to your 3rd String Center and half you D is injured, it's been a surprise we did as well as we have.

Start of the year I called for 6 wins, so they've exceeded my expectations and made it interesting to boot.

Upped to 8-8 a few weeks back, we might get there yet, but we've still got a lot of problems to sort out - Depth is definitely one of them.

well if anything i'd start manziel to let him have this as his job application. no strings pulled no if ands or buts. whatever package they give him let him have his shot at this until the end of the year. hey if the kid wins games then we got something. if teams catch up to him and he's unremarkable like hoyer has been for the last 4 weeks then farmer has to look to the draft.............again.

Even for those that thought Manziel should have started from the beginning, you have to give it up for Hoyer. He found a way a win to several games that I wouldn't have given the Browns very good odds in, including a game last week which clearly was less than his best effort.

There's no guarantee by any stretch that Manziel will do better, but how often do you have a player with such an intriguing upside? I know this isn't college, but there were times when the guy was just magic at A&M. I want to get to watch that every week. If Hoyer really looked like he was poised to grind it out to a playoff berth, then you'd have to leave him in. He's absolutely someone for whom you'd like to root. But if he falls short, then you've had one of the most intriguing players to come out of college in recent memory take hardly a snap all year, and you don't even know what you have going into next season.

Props to Hoyer. He showed he absolutely belongs in the league and can be successful. He handled the circus with grace and professionalism (and so did Manziel).

I don't know what convoluted game you're trying to play here Stockton but I don't like it

well if anything i'd start manziel to let him have this as his job application. no strings pulled no if ands or buts. whatever package they give him let him have his shot at this until the end of the year. hey if the kid wins games then we got something. if teams catch up to him and he's unremarkable like hoyer has been for the last 4 weeks then farmer has to look to the draft.............again.

That's why I was calling for him after the Jags game to "get his chance" cause the front office and Farmer won't give him only 4 games. There in lies the problem, QB in a contract year and "their guy" being a 1st rounder. Everyone who thought that Manziel was gonna sit behind Hoyer like Rodgers did behind Favre was delusional. This is the reality when you draft a QB in the first round and he is sitting behind a career back-up game manager. I prayed we had another Kurt Warner but Hoyer doesn't have that kind of arm strength.

That's why I was calling for him after the Jags game to "get his chance" cause the front office and Farmer won't give him only 4 games. There in lies the problem, QB in a contract year and "their guy" being a 1st rounder. Everyone who thought that Manziel was gonna sit behind Hoyer like Rodgers did behind Favre was delusional. This is the reality when you draft a QB in the first round and he is sitting behind a career back-up game manager. I prayed we had another Kurt Warner but Hoyer doesn't have that kind of arm strength.

No, but the Browns had to do their do diligence to see if Brian was the next Kurt. Turns out he's not, we now know that and we still have a winning record and are in the playoff hunt, all while Johnny got to watch and learn for as long as possible.

No, but the Browns had to do their do diligence to see if Brian was the next Kurt. Turns out he's not, we now know that and we still have a winning record and are in the playoff hunt, all while Johnny got to watch and learn for as long as possible.

The problem is if he looks like a turd, he'll still be back for next year. If he looked like a turd for 10 games then maybe you scrap him and move forward.

Brian,

To date you're 3 for 3 in the 2014 Browns QB Derby and you may go 4 for 4, but you are making it very hard to do so.

Just when your footwork starts to shape back up, now your head has gone south.

Get it together, son.

But if it's too late, thanks for the ride...

MHO Tour is with this game Hoyer's ship just sailed. There's no going back. The Home Town hero story was great while it lasted.

Not that simple. There's no way you bench a starting qb while he's winning.

MHO is Hoyer has adequate arm strength- as long as he's not making mistakes. Well, the mistakes caught up with him. I don't suffer from short term amnesia that in a lot of earlier games, Hoyer tossed some passes that should have been intercepted- but weren't. Last few games the defenders didn't drop the opportunities Brian presented them with.

Archived