THE BROWNS BOARD

Thank you Hoyer

kbndawg

hey 149 couch COULD have been great if he had this line (with mack) and the teams weapons.

kid had no support and played his heart out just to get killed and booed for getting killed.

and you aunt Could have been your uncle

Fact is HE SUCKED

hey 149 couch COULD have been great if he had this line (with mack) and the teams weapons.

kid had no support and played his heart out just to get killed and booed for getting killed.

For once we agree,

Tim Couch fell victim to no offensive line, weapons, and dipshit fuck dick coaches and GM's

For once we agree,

Tim Couch fell victim to no offensive line, weapons, and dipshit fuck dick coaches and GM's

And he the IQ of a turnip

Bad combo

I don't see any real bashing. It's time to move on, It was a nice story while it lasted, but it was going to last forever.

We are Johnny Football. He is our guy for at least the rest of this season and next. Then we find out where he stacks out.

Well winning and losing aside this is fucking heartbreaking.

Yes I drank the Johnny Kool Aid before we picked him but I hate to see hometown hero stories turn to dust. I was hoping the kid would get better and even now don't blame him for the ill fortunes of the team.

Sure excuses are for losers but before the rash of injuries I think the Cleveland Browns were good enough to be respectable and that Brian's play was good enough for that.

Still you couldn't shake the feeling that we might have been 11 and O with a better quarterback.

I can't imagine how shitty Brian Hoyer must feel.

It would be like Springsteen calling you up on stage to sing a song and forgetting the words.

It's hard to even imagine a storybook ending.

I would really love to see both these guys succeed.

WSS

We sure as fuck won a lot of those games due to defense and the running game.

Everyone gives all the credit to Hoyer when we win but it's never his fault when we lose.

I'm glad Mike Pettine pulled him and knows what's up.

You truly are a mental giant. Show me 1 FUCKING POST where a Browns fan says "the games we won were all because of Brian".......... 1..... JUST 1

70% of Manning's passes in college weren't screens.

Johnny Manziel

Passing Yards Per Attempt

2012 SEC 8.5 (4th)

2013 NCAA 9.6 (4th)

2013 SEC 9.6 (2nd)

Career SEC** 9.1 (4th)

Adjusted Passing Yards Per Attempt

2012 SEC 8.8 (3rd)

2013 NCAA 10.0 (7th)

2013 SEC 10.0 (3rd)

Career SEC** 9.4 (5th)

Peyton Manning

1995 SEC 7.8 (4th)

1996 NCAA 8.7 (10th)

1996 SEC 8.7 (3rd)

1997 SEC 8.0 (3rd)

Career SEC** 8.1 (14th)

1995 NCAA 8.5 (9th)

1995 SEC 8.5 (2nd)

1996 SEC 8.3 (2nd)

1997 SEC 8.5 (2nd)

Career SEC** 8.3 (10th)

Yards per attempt factor in YAC there, chief.

If you find yourself asking is any question on who the more effective passer between Manning and Johnny, then go get yourself a fucking psyche eval right now.

Yea, no.

the statement was 70% screen passes.

You don't get those numbers with YAC if you don't have a substantial vertical passing game.

as far as the manning/manziel cheap out you took, youre right manning is a better passer than manziel. good for you.

Ironic that an Aggie wants to see Brian continue at QB until we are either in the playoffs or not in the playoffs. He deserves that shot and we are not out yet. Not everything that happened was his fault yesterday. The key was West fumbling the ball for a TD with it in the wrong f'n hand at THE KEY MOMENT in the game I'd like to know what Jr. High coach failed to teach him about switching hands when running left. He put us out of it, not Hoyer. Pettine will see tape of the whole game and I think he makes the decision to keep the guy who has the experience and playing time all season with the 1's. If it does not work out then let JF finish out the season to prep for next year. BTW did you notice that Fitzgerald had a great game for the Texans yesterday. Resurrected from the dead after Mallet's season ending injury.

Still you couldn't shake the feeling that we might have been 11 and O with a better quarterback.

Love the entire write up, Steve, but truthfully the above sentence never occurred to me. Both against JAX and yesterday against the Bills, I felt like a mobile, running QB might help, but not a "better" one.

Ironic that an Aggie wants to see Brian continue at QB until we are either in the playoffs or not in the playoffs. He deserves that shot and we are not out yet. Not everything that happened was his fault yesterday. The key was West fumbling the ball for a TD with it in the wrong f'n hand at THE KEY MOMENT in the game I'd like to know what Jr. High coach failed to teach him about switching hands when running left. He put us out of it, not Hoyer. Pettine will see tape of the whole game and I think he makes the decision to keep the guy who has the experience and playing time all season with the 1's. If it does not work out then let JF finish out the season to prep for next year. BTW did you notice that Fitzgerald had a great game for the Texans yesterday. Resurrected from the dead after Mallet's season ending injury.

Almost as ironic as an Aggie thinking more clearly than most the posters here... ;)

And yes, to the new element here... both I and my fantasy team noticed what Fitz did.

I'd say teams, but on one I started Colt... :)

Johnny Manziel

2012 SEC 8.5 (4th)

2013 NCAA 9.6 (4th)

2013 SEC 9.6 (2nd)

Career SEC** 9.1 (4th)

2012 SEC 8.8 (3rd)

2013 NCAA 10.0 (7th)

2013 SEC 10.0 (3rd)

Career SEC** 9.4 (5th)

Peyton Manning

1995 SEC 7.8 (4th)

1996 NCAA 8.7 (10th)

1996 SEC 8.7 (3rd)

1997 SEC 8.0 (3rd)

Career SEC** 8.1 (14th)

1995 NCAA 8.5 (9th)

1995 SEC 8.5 (2nd)

1996 SEC 8.3 (2nd)

1997 SEC 8.5 (2nd)

Career SEC** 8.3 (10th)

What are you showing me, exactly?

Yea, no.

the statement was 70% screen passes.

You don't get those numbers with YAC if you don't have a substantial vertical passing game.

as far as the manning/manziel cheap out you took, youre right manning is a better passer than manziel. good for you.

I appreciate the effort, but we were talking about Derek Carr...not Johnny Manziel.

Thanks for playing, though.

The one thing I don't like is some of the quotes I'm hearing out of Brian today. He seems to be lobbying his case to the media, and that makes me wonder what he is saying to his teammates. That would get real old, real quick to me.

Thanks,Brian...

Sad to seem him fall so damn hard.. He's a tough kid.. I don't think we have seen the last of him.. be it here.. or elsewhere.

Archived