THE BROWNS BOARD

Miller High Life in a Champagne League

StocktonShorts

For the record I would like to state that Mark O and I did not coordinate our use of the term "assclown". It's was independently selected for use.

That made me laugh out loud..

You did take it to the next level by going with "egotistical assclown".

I suspect Hoyer starts, and if so I hope he has a rating of 158.3, 8 TDs, and a 100% completion percentage :D

If Hoyer isn't proclaimed starter today...well, I agree with the assessment of most that Hoyer will not start again for the Browns barring injury.

I will never believe JF was ready to be a professional at the start of this season.

Grit is only learned through adversity, and JF clearly thought he was done having to prove himself.

Did he change all of his actions? We'll never know. But Farmer and Pettine did humble the kid, and that's obviously what he needed to actually be motivated to put in the hours to understand NFL defenses.

JFF always had the physical tools. The reason he didn't start day1 was purely mental.

Yes, JF needs game seasoning also. Hopefully not as much as Bortles.

Oops... and now it appears that history is once again delayed...

May I be the first to hope Z gives StockBoy one more chance? ... immediately...

He's just gonna come back on here and say how stupid the browns are and how they're never gonna win, etc. He'll also throw in several "Miller High Life in a Champagne League"

Even if Hoyer comes out and plays well, same thing.

IMO, he would be easier to take if JFF was starting. It's the contstant ripping on BH while the rest of us are hoping he performs well that is the most grating.

The only thing I will miss is when he proclaimed a new catch phrase than misspelled it.

Zombo

Nah, I'm of the firm opinion- Stockton has run out of chances on this Forum. It's OK to have an opinion, but don't be an ass about it. Plus- the only thing Shorty wanted to discuss is how bad Hoyer is. And anyone who didn't agree with him is a moron.

IMO, he would be easier to take if JFF was starting. It's the contstant ripping on BH while the rest of us are hoping he performs well that is the most grating.

The only thing I will miss is when he proclaimed a new catch phrase than misspelled it.

lol... that was classic, but not as good as him arguing he was correct because "then" is time related.

His return timing matters not to me, Z, as I am numb to his posts, but a return after the season could enliven a dead period.

Meanwhile I do have to preserve and relish this tidbit:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29930&page=8&do=findComment&comment=456354

History will be very very kind to me. Has already been very kind to this thread.

I like how someone went through and locked all my other threads right before I come back from suspension. Trust me many of you MANY of you don't want to reread through those now. Things have played out almost exactly as I said they would.

I like this entire thread best. I think even my speech to the team that you guys begged for would be perfect right now. http://thebrownsboar...howtopic=30747#

Tour...you couldn't look dumber at this point. Eat the crow like a man, or bitch and moan and say its not your fault like Hoyer does. Up to you. I have a feeling I already know which way you'll go.

Miller High Life in a Champagne League.

I gotta admit, l would always perk up when Stockton was at it. Just to see what he'd say, and what people would say to him, and what he'd say back. The mensa card? Classic.

But he kept coming back for more. That's admirable AND insane at the same time!

You just gotta think of it like you're talking to a highly intelligent cartoon character.

I gotta admit, l would always perk up when Stockton was at it. Just to see what he'd say, and what people would say to him, and what he'd say back. The mensa card? Classic.

But he kept coming back for more. That's admirable AND insane at the same time!

You just gotta think of it like you're talking to a highly intelligent cartoon character.

Or.... Wait for it..... Autism

Or.... Wait for it..... Autism

More specifically asperger's, which is a functional form of autism. Some incredibly intelligent people have asperger's actually (maybe with mensa cards) - there's a kid in my neighborhood who walks around and his main obsession is spiders. Knows all sorts of things about him, in detail. He also knows all a bout some automotive history and design and stuff like that.

The thing about asperger's is sometimes you lack social skills, but fixate very hard to one particular topic and/or have just have very repetitive behavior, interests in general.

Sounds like it describes Stockton, if it is the case I wouldn't make fun of him for it, though - but (for stockton) it certainly can create some enemies for yourself which you can't really help it because it's just how your brain functions.

Asbergers is not actually a thing.

It's just a "spectrum" attempting to explain behavior which is able to be ascribed to many potential causes.

It's not genetic.. if you think it is, when you attempt to define precisely what genes, you'll find there isn't anything.

There's zero reason to assert someone "has autism" until you rule out social anxiety.

Social anxiety is very real... and very debilitating, and yet also able to be completely worked through. And the SYMPTOMS are 100% the same as what is asserted to be the result of asbergers.

Furthermore, a person could be "unable to change" because they're experiencing depression... and social anxiety exacerbates that condition.

As well, a diagnosis of asbergers results in a judgement/exclusion of that person by a social group. I could easily see how spreading the rumor of autism/asbergers about someone would be a way to ruin their life.. if the person was only nervous and just needed encouraging.

Does the person want to make change and isn't physically capable? Is the person dysphoric/depressed?

Unless you know this information, you can't say he's anything other than socially awkward. Unfortunately, mental health is extremely nuanced and does not lend itself to quick categorization.

Archived