THE BROWNS BOARD

who do you think the worst pick would be at #5

Solon16

you could be right, they said the same thing about adrian peterson last year to. will just have to wait and see. Spielman also said he was the greatest back to ever play at Ohio State, thats really saying something

Um- no. If you only take college stats, it has to be Archie Griffin. & Personally, I'd take Eddie George and Keith Byars over Beanie for pro potential.

My crystal ball says Wells will have a pro career on the level of (and similar to) Robert Smith- lots of nagging injuries.

Depending on what we do in FA, as it stands now, MHO is any offensive player @ #5 is a bad pick.

And I'm not real keen on taking Jenkins at #5 either. When you're next to last in the league in sacks, I don't care how good Jenkins is- he can't cover a wr if the opposing qb has all day to throw . CB is not our most glaring need.

You could say Crabtree, but it's a position of need.

You could say Wells, but it's a position of need.

Right now I'd be p#ssed with a center (who here is really worth a 1st?), guard (same as center), safety (same as guard) or qb (Quinn, 'nuff said!) at #5.

Right now I'd be mildly disappointed with an offensive tackle, running back, wide reciever or corner at #5 but could see it.

Our biggest need is definitely linebacker and Phil left us bare, so pray Crabtree falls to us and we can trade out of 5.

If you watched the USC game you would no he was begging the coach to put him in, and in the bowl game he had a concussion.

A concussion isnt a legit injury? And I agree we shouldnt take him with the 5th pick, never said we should but to question his toughness when no one know's the extent of the injuries he had is unfair. The guy only missed 3 games in three years, thats unheard of for most rb's.

Rumor had it that the reason Tressel decided not to play him was as punishment for making the injury worse than it was and missing the OU game......In a press conference shortly before the Ohio U game Tressel was asked about Beanie's Injury and he talked about how the doctors had not really pinpointed an exact problem but that Beanie was still complaining about pain......Hmmmm....

I saw Beanie run out on the field in street clothes the night of the USC game. He was fine. Not even a limp. There had to be a reason Tress didn't allow him to play in the biggest game of the year.

He may have only missed three games his entire career but Speilman's point was valid...He was running off the field all the time and missing a lot of plays.

Lets also not forgetr that he only started two seasons. In 2006 Pittman was the #1 back.

Wells had a great Junior year...But in his senior year he only carried the ball over 20 times in five games.

Rumor had it that the reason Tressel decided not to play him was as punishment for making the injury worse than it was and missing the OU game......In a press conference shortly before the Ohio U game Tressel was asked about Beanie's Injury and he talked about how the doctors had not really pinpointed an exact problem but that Beanie was still complaining about pain......Hmmmm....

I saw Beanie run out on the field in street clothes the night of the USC game. He was fine. Not even a limp. There had to be a reason Tress didn't allow him to play in the biggest game of the year.

He may have only missed three games his entire career but Speilman's point was valid...He was running off the field all the time and missing a lot of plays.

there might have been another reason, but what you were suggesting was that he didnt have heart and wouldnt play hurt. He obviously wanted to play, tressel just wouldnt let him play for whatever reason. How does speilman no he was running off the field all the time missing alot of plays because he was hurt. They did have a rotation, just cause he came off the field doesnt mean he was hurt. With Pryor at quarterback they wanted to spread the field and let pryor run. That would have beanie coming off the field alot. And if what speilman says is valid do you agree when he said he was the best back to ever play at OSU

there might have been another reason, but what you were suggesting was that he didnt have heart and wouldnt play hurt. He obviously wanted to play, tressel just wouldnt let him play for whatever reason. How does speilman no he was running off the field all the time missing alot of plays because he was hurt. They did have a rotation, just cause he came off the field doesnt mean he was hurt. With Pryor at quarterback they wanted to spread the field and let pryor run. That would have beanie coming off the field alot. And if what speilman says is valid do you agree when he said he was the best back to ever play at OSU

OSU never spread the field this year. What game were you watching? They played that option read all year with Beanie or whoever else was in the backfield.

They may have done it a few times but it was very rare. I think a lot of that was to protect Pryor from that horrible line.

Tressel spread it out from time to time when Smith was there. But this year he almost never did that. At the most you saw a three WR set with Sanzenbacher in the slot. Almost never a four or five.

There was no rotation. Beanie was the guy. Herron and/or Mo Wells are neither receiving backs so it's not like there was a rotation for third down plays. It was all beanie when he was healthy.

Speilman knew why for the same reason we know why...We all could see him running off holding his finger or thumb or stomach or ankle, or toe, etc.

Archived