THE BROWNS BOARD

sell off the o line and front seven in the offseason...

Clevfan4life

Did you play with your Johnny blow up doll?

Can't believe the stupidity of that one.....

Thomas is not for sale- at almost any price. He's not the problem.

AJ Green shut down again.

Knee jerk reaction much?

Suh will not be had for reasonable money.

Whatever you say oh wise one. I don't see anything great from Thomas. He gets beat out quite a bit and makes stupid penalties.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember beating cicni? why they couldn't run on us? yeah we had the DL infused with taylor who is a major key on our line in stopping the run. you want to draft DL? hell get me 2 in the first round. OL give me three.

the days of the RBs and WRs going in the top ten are soon coming to an end and lineman and to see 10 lineman taken in the top 2o next year...........might not be that big of a stretch.

Or maybe a combo of draft and FA pickups. Thinking that filling our line problems with all rookies might not be the best. Nitpicking though. I'm with you on linemen first and foremost.

As for AJ Green being shutdown and secondary playing well...seeing that our run defense was non-existent and Dalton barely did anything...yeah there isn't much to go on.

The difference between the defense vs colts and today against the Bengals? Run defense. The colts can't run the ball and the browns secondary is top 5 in the nfl when healthy. How did Dalton do today? 117 yards and 1 INT.

Wait! So you are genuinely expecting us to buy that match-ups play a role in game outcomes???

OK... :)

Coaches job to root that out.

I thought you fired the coaches first???

Wait! So you are genuinely expecting us to buy that match-ups play a role in game outcomes???

OK... :)

I thought you fired the coaches first???

Never fired the Coaches, I'm torqued at the Players.

Ya know, it's been nearly a full day since I went off on this . . . and I still pretty much feel the same.

Okay, maybe not clear out the WHOLE Team, but there are definite elements that aren't right in that Locker room.

Thing is, listening to the Radio and reading some articles . . . they're seeing and talking about the exact same thing I'm PO'd about (and more).

This staff has made some progress in changing things, but it is their first year and there's only so much they can do.

Now we've got a full Season, plus these next two games to do some heavy duty evaluation.

I really do expect some serious turnover to be forthcoming.

On the Radio they're talking about going over the Roster and doing a Stay or Go . . . saying there's probably a lot more Go than Stay.

Manziel's badness I'm not even referring too - he's still a Rookie, though after 14/15 weeks I expected a little more.

Yeah, he was bad, but there was no support cast.

This actually reflects on the decline of Hoyer and how/why his mechanics went to crap - Team has fallen off.

Nothing wrong with this team that a quarterback wouldnt solve.

We are 7-6 with a mediocre one, and 0-1 while starting little mascots.

Z

What is your preferred course of action, Zombo?

I agree with your assessment but wonder about your preferred way to remedy the - perhaps premature - dearth at the QB position.

IMHO, Hoyer was a starter only because the Browns were DESPERATE for a QB. Arguably, he was the worse starter in the league. Certainly in the bottom 3-5. There is nothing wrong with being a perennial backup and that, IMHO, is what Hoyer is suited for. A number of NFL teams agree.

Now that we can brush this aside, do you prefer the Browns draft another QB or pursue somebody from another team - starter or a young backup ready to 'break out"?

I believe the team will stick with JF for next season, at least. I don't believe they are ready to eat all that crow - at least not yet.

What are your thoughts?

IMHO, Hoyer was a starter only because the Browns were DESPERATE for a QB. Arguably, he was the worse starter in the league. Certainly in the bottom 3-5. There is nothing wrong with being a perennial backup and that, IMHO, is what Hoyer is suited for. A number of NFL teams agree.

Not Z, but that's never stopped me before...

Slight disagreement... I think Hoyer spiraled down to be a bad starting QB, maybe the worst. But at one time he was among the best, certainly for what we needed.

From here...

1. Look for a vet in FA (including Hoyer); and

2. Look for a steal in the draft... always have to draft the QB you think offers the best combination of potential and value for your circumstance.

Not Z, but that's never stopped me before...

Slight disagreement... I think Hoyer spiraled down to be a bad starting QB, maybe the worst. But at one time he was among the best, certainly for what we needed.

From here...

1. Look for a vet in FA (including Hoyer); and

2. Look for a steal in the draft... always have to draft the QB you think offers the best combination of potential and value for your circumstance.

Small point but there is NO WAY Manziel and Hoyer are on the same team next season. And that would be The Browns

Small point but there is NO WAY Manziel and Hoyer are on the same team next season. And that would be The Browns

I think there's a pretty good chance we keep hoyer around if manziel suckz these last 2.

The only reason for not was the disconnect he had with Hoyer, which appears to be media BS.

A vet who knows the system and has done well in it. Definitely an asset to have, over some of the alternatives. (Grossman? Cousins?)

What is your preferred course of action, Zombo?

I agree with your assessment but wonder about your preferred way to remedy the - perhaps premature - dearth at the QB position.

Now that we can brush this aside, do you prefer the Browns draft another QB or pursue somebody from another team - starter or a young backup ready to 'break out"?

I believe the team will stick with JF for next season, at least. I don't believe they are ready to eat all that crow - at least not yet.

What are your thoughts?

Sign a veteran reliable QB in the offseason who can start a season for you if you need him to. Hoyer would be a candidate but there is someone who is probably a better fit for Shanny's offense who will be out there.

Draft a QB again in the first three rounds. It 's the most important position, you gotta keep doing it until you get it right.

Let all three compete until there is a clear cut best QB, hand the team over to him, and if he's not franchise material bu the end of the year, keep trying.

You can't really trade for a franchise QB, and they rarely become free agents ... you just gotta keep drafting.

Last year my plan was to draft Savage from Pitt and let him sit behind Hoyer. This year, there will be someone else I like. And maybe Johnny ... yeah, I doubt it.

Zombo

Sign a veteran reliable QB in the offseason who can start a season for you if you need him to. Hoyer would be a candidate but there is someone who is probably a better fit for Shanny's offense who will be out there.

Draft a QB again in the first three rounds. It 's the most important position, you gotta keep doing it until you get it right.

Let all three compete until there is a clear cut best QB, hand the team over to him, and if he's not franchise material bu the end of the year, keep trying.

You can't really trade for a franchise QB, and they rarely become free agents ... you just gotta keep drafting.

Last year my plan was to draft Savage from Pitt and let him sit behind Hoyer. This year, there will be someone else I like. And maybe Johnny ... yeah, I doubt it.

Zombo

Not talking RG III here I hope, not sure I'd want that in here.

QB in Draft next year, as long as it's not 1st round - there's nothing there this time without selling the Farm, and even then we really need to see if what we have will work with supporting cast.

Not talking RG III here I hope, not sure I'd want that in here.

QB in Draft next year, as long as it's not 1st round - there's nothing there this time without selling the Farm, and even then we really need to see if what we have will work with supporting cast.

No I don't want RG3 and I'm pretty sure Shanny doesn't either.

Zombo

Zombo

Years ago, the Browns hired Paul Warfield to scout the college ranks for a WR

His - and the Browns' - choice was a relatively unknown WR from San Diego State (could be wrong about that) named Webster Slaughter.

I am not saying WRs = QBs, but, why not hire somebody with a track record of knowing what the hail he is doing and do the same thing for QBs?

It looks like the FO might have shit the bed (once again) in last year's draft.

You are probably right but I doubt the Browns draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 next year. Maybe not at all simply because they don't want to look stupid last draft. Maybe they choose be stupid, simply to avoid being perceived as stupid.

JF starts next year simply because of what I just said. Hopefully, it will be a pleasant outcome.

M-E-S-S

Archived