THE BROWNS BOARD

MasterDog

I'm surprised the Browns were the only team to give Shaw a chance. Anyway I am pulling for him and he seems to have his head squared on and appreciates this opportunity:

"The 6-foot, 206-pound Shaw ran a 4.66-second 40-yard dash at the combine, 0.02 seconds faster than Manziel, and finished his senior season with 24 touchdown passes to one interception, best among FBS quarterbacks. He’s the winningest quarterback in Gamecocks history (27-5). He made a big leap from his junior to senior year in the completion rate of passes beyond 25 yards downfield, from 22.6 percent to 45.9 percent.

The Browns might have no idea what Shaw would do against Baltimore, but the opportunity is what Shaw has wanted since “I was 5 years old.”

“It’s a dream come true if I’m able to start and able to play,” Shaw said. “It’s such a blessing. Such an awesome year for me and my family.”

Shaw and his wife, Molly, whom he calls his high school sweetheart, have a 4-month-old girl named Mila. The Shaws married in June. Two months later, Shaw completed 8-of-9 passes for 123 yards and a touchdown in a preseason game against Washington, securing a practice-squad spot."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

Let's place a ton of hope on Shaw so if he does decently well, we'll have a whole faction of fans calling him the next Tom Brady and if he does bad, we'll have a whole separate faction of fans calling him terrible, practice squad garbage.

How about you just fucking watching the game and stop putting all of your hopes and dreams into one single player?

It's the same shit year after year in here, just different names.

Sad to say but there is no chance in hell he does good, the problem is not the QB. It's the OL and the scheme. No QB can produce in this zone blocking crap that we run when we don't have the OL to execute.

I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

C'mon, it'll be fun.

Z

--Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

I say we put the pressure of the entire franchise's future on how a rookie free agent off the practice squad performs in a week 17 meaningless game.

C'mon, it'll be fun.

Z

--Actually I expect Hoyer to pull a Willis Reed.

This is what l'm talking about. I want my fairytale ending dammit.

I seriously want to see Connor Shaw ride off the field on a white horse. Literally.

If a star should miraculously shine over little JF's manger (er - bed) tonight we will know he is cured and ready to rise on the 3rd day to lead the Browns. Damn I pray God has a better sense of humor than what I've seen here.

What? We can't think Manzel's 6 quarters of starting football weren't comic relief they were so bad? BTW, Merry Christmas Ag.

Predict the stat line:

21/23 7TD 0INT 376 YDS 103 RuYD 3 RuTD

Shaw the holder of multiple NFL and browns franchise records after Sunday.

Shaw me the money!

Merry Christmas everyone...

So says the Shawzealot. Yup Shaw me the money. Doubt he'll do the money sign though. :)

Garrett Hartley will badly miss a 30 yard game-tying kick in the final minutes, Baltimore will try to chew it out and run the ball to end the game, Winn will force a fumble on an off tackle run that is picked up by Desir, then Shaw will come in and lead the team to victory as time expires.

We'll call it... the Shaw-Shank Redemption

Shaw had some excellent stats with South Carolina. His coach Steve Spurrier has gone out of his way to say he is capable of being a good NFL quarterback. I am pulling for him to have a good game and hope the rest of the Browns play well enough around him to give him a shot at winning Sunday.

Garrett Hartley will badly miss a 30 yard game-tying kick in the final minutes, Baltimore will try to chew it out and run the ball to end the game, Winn will force a fumble on an off tackle run that is picked up by Desir, then Shaw will come in and lead the team to victory as time expires.

We'll call it... the Shaw-Shank Redemption

Lol now that's some funny shit!!

Archived