THE BROWNS BOARD

Your 2015 Cleveland Browns

thenew23

I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point. Lets see what the off season holds. He is under contract now. He can hang in Berea as much as rules allow where last year he really couldn't outside of a contractual relationship.

That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agree.

On a side note, that doesn't mean we can't, won't, or shouldn't hear of news about him in Vegas or wherever else. He does get followed around. Part of that is his doing, but the larger part is because of the media. All I am saying is it is unrealistic to expect him to stay holed up in Cleveland all winter. We are all pround of Cleveland, but the place does suck pretty close to 6 months a year. Lot's of people with the ability or flexibility don't hang out there most of the winter months.

If you don't have to, why would you want to?

I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point.

Thats a perspective thing, because all year long....and I mean ALL YEAR long Johnny and Josh have been the talk...everything about them and above the team....and they have not contributed one drop of positive anything.......so, yes, a cancer in some ways and definitely a massive distraction with very little positive return

A guy who throws a party and invites at risk team mates the Friday before a division game is the definition of locker room cancer. I agree that JF didn't make the other guys' choices but as a rook who admitted to not taking his job seriously to turn around and pull this shit 3 days later is the definition of a locker room cancer. To have an UDFA rookie get pulled off the practice squad week 17 and look worlds better than you against equal if not better competition all while you're browsing tmz's Twitter feed is the definition of locker room cancer. I would imagine if I was a billionaire I wouldn't like being made a fool of . . . I'm wondering how 'ol jimmy is feeling right now . . . Not pleased I'm sure LOL

Wow. We have two widely differing opinions on the definition of 'poison'.

Johnny is poison, cancer, bad seed, idiot, immature, and anything else negative to a team. That and he doesn't have pro QB skills.

He's not an NFL caliber football player. He's a "Celebrity"! Throwing parties the night before practice and a road game proves he's nothing more than a kid with a big ego and a penchant for playing games. Hed be better off becoming a Game Show Host. Maybe when Pat Sajak retires, Johnny can spin the Wheel and BUY A CLUE.

I wouldn't use any of the draft for a QB. I'd pick a free agent you like best ($ as a factor too) and have Hoyer, Locker/Sanchez (?) Shaw and JFF in starting in May. If JFF makes one more F up, can him. If JFF winds up No. 4 in the competition, can him. I'm trying to trade Gordon for anything I can. I want to keep working with Gilbert, but I'd have my phone on.

I'd use the draft and offseason for more OL (BPAs at RG & RT) lots of BPAs on defense (DL, LB, S) and a true catching & blocking TE (hopefully resigning Cameron but moving him primarily to WR).

Manziel is a Moron! To quote him; "I WANT TO BE THE GUY" So two days before a road game against a hated division rival, Johnny throws a party? This type of leadership we don't need. it reminds me of when I was a kid and watched the THREE STOOGES.

MAnziel is Mo and Josh Gordon and Gilbert are Larry and Curly.

not for nothing...at this point i trust farmer in what ever he does to try and better this team.

sign somebody, trade somebody, cut someone...........

havn't had this kinda faith in the FO of this franchise in over 30 years.

I'm with you. For a first year GM & coach, I think Farmer & MP showed a lot of promise. Sure, both made mistakes, but they also did some good. I think they're heading in the right direction.

I just hope, with what appears to be a tougher schedule next season, that we're not subject to "2 Steps Back Syndrome" again.

The Browns need to trade every pick they have, or get, prior to pick # 75 for two or three years, build some solid core and then think about a QB...................but they won't. They will try to beat the odds for the umpteenth time.

That is a bit extreme but they do need to do a better job with first rounders. Evaluate who you want and if no one screams pick me, trade down.

With this year being pretty weak QB class, it may be ideal to build around Hoyer with Shaw as backup. Manziel seems like a cancer and we should deal him while he still has minimal value. Loved what I saw out of Shaw today considering his lack of line and offensive weapons. I really hope the rumors of Farmer being infatuated with Mariota aren't true because selling the farm for a rookie QB would be the Brownsiest move ever. Especially when we can get an elite WR and DT/DE with our first two picks.

Not a lot of talent available as far as free agent QBs go. I like Jake Locker and believe he hasn't really been given a fair shot in Tennessee. He's injury prone but still young and could fit well in Shanny's system.

Bryce Petty could be a nice third/fourth round pick. Good arm and size. Plus he can move out of the pocket when necessary.

I dunno, it's a mess. But what do you guys think?

hoyer would be an idiot after being benched for a friggin schooyard qb...don't think he'll be around...maybe we need to take a look at cutler as i grimace at my thinking...yuk....what a mess this franchise is still in....wow...embarrasing...

I wouldn't call Manziel a poison at this point. Lets see what the off season holds. He is under contract now. He can hang in Berea as much as rules allow where last year he really couldn't outside of a contractual relationship.

That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agree.

On a side note, that doesn't mean we can't, won't, or shouldn't hear of news about him in Vegas or wherever else. He does get followed around. Part of that is his doing, but the larger part is because of the media. All I am saying is it is unrealistic to expect him to stay holed up in Cleveland all winter. We are all pround of Cleveland, but the place does suck pretty close to 6 months a year. Lot's of people with the ability or flexibility don't hang out there most of the winter months.

you must have high hopes of being invited to chonnies next party bash.....

BALTIMORE, Md. -- Browns owner Jimmy Haslam admitted Sunday that the Browns might have to find another quarterback to take them to the next level.

With Johnny Manziel banished to the locker room for the Ravens game after he failed to show up Saturday morning for treatment and Browns security had to go looking for him, the Browns can hardly put their faith, hopes and dreams in the hands of their impetuous rookie for 2015.

It was Manziel's Friday night bash that caused Josh Gordon to miss the Saturday walk-through and get suspended for the Ravens game. Now, it appears the Browns aren't sure Manziel is their man.

"Clearly quarterback's an important position in the NFL and we've got to figure it out,'' said Haslam after the Browns' 20-10 season-ending loss to the Ravens. "If you look at the Browns and where they've struggled, they've struggled with the quarterback, so we know that's a position like others that we'll have to address. (GM) Ray (Farmer) and his team will go to work on that tonight and tomorrow.''

The Browns' personnel department has been instructed that everything is on the table for 2015 in terms of the quarterback. That means the Browns will scout top college prospects such as Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota of Oregon and Jameis Winston of Florida State, although Winston is a character concern and the Browns have had enough of that with Manziel.

Asked if he's ready to say that Manziel isn't his quarterback of the future, Haslam said, "That's a comment for another day, and it's certainly not a comment I'm going to make. That's a comment for Ray and Mike to make. But I think they've done a good job this year. I think we're a better team. But we understand. Listen, this is a tough division. Think who's in the division -- the Steelers who have won two Super Bowls in the last eight years.''

Haslam indicated that the other teams have their quarterbacks, and the Browns might still be on the hunt.

"The Ravens have been in the playoffs seven out of eight years, and Cincinnati, depending on what happens, could win the division three years in a row,'' he said. "We've got to be able to compete, but if you think we're 2-4, not good enough, but besides the Cincinnati game, we were in every game, and I think we went toe-to-toe with Baltimore twice, beat Pittsburgh badly once, lost another time, beat Cincinnati badly once and really in our only really disappointing game got blown out two weeks ago."

The message from Haslam was clear: The Browns don't have their quarterback yet who can keep pace in the AFC North. Haslam just watched Joe Flacco turn on the jets and complete 8-of-9 in the fourth quarter for 161 yards and two touchdowns for a 158.3 fourth-quarter rating.

He watched undrafted rookie quarterback Connor Shaw come off the practice squad to perform better -- and look faster -- than Manziel in his two starts.

He was forced to answer more questions about his No. 22 overall pick, who admitted just last week that he didn't take his job seriously enough but that it would be unfair for the Browns to give up on him after only seven quarters.

If the Browns can get Manziel turned around in a hurry, they might be able to count on him in 2015. But Haslam sounded a lot like a man who's ready for the staff to search for another quarterback of the future.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/jimmy_haslam_says_cleveland_br_1.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

BALTIMORE, Md. --

Asked if he's ready to say that Manziel isn't his quarterback of the future, Haslam said, "That's a comment for another day, and it's certainly not a comment I'm going to make. That's a comment for Ray and Mike to make. But I think they've done a good job this year. I think we're a better team. But we understand. Listen, this is a tough division."

That, gentlemen, is a CEO talking... and a good CEO at that.

That said, if all the news is about him off in Vegas and he is nowhere to be seen in Berea, I will probably agre

To misquote another Johnny- Cochran- If you use Twitter during a game, you must be flushed down the shitter.

So when is the presser?

LOL High Noon is my guess- there's gonna be a hangin'. Doubtless it will be on Cleveland.com, and the Browns nfl website.

A guy who throws a party and invites at risk team mates the Friday before a division game is the definition of locker room cancer. I agree that JF didn't make the other guys' choices but as a rook who admitted to not taking his job seriously to turn around and pull this shit 3 days later is the definition of a locker room cancer.

To have an UDFA rookie get pulled off the practice squad week 17 and look worlds better than you against equal if not better competition all while you're browsing tmz's Twitter feed is the definition of locker room cancer. I would imagine if I was a billionaire I wouldn't like being made a fool of . . . I'm wondering how 'ol jimmy is feeling right now . . . Not pleased I'm sure LOL

I'm guessing he's feeling a tad low now. Shaw didn't look great- but he looked better than Party Animal.

Johnny is poison, cancer, bad seed, idiot, immature, and anything else negative to a team. That and he doesn't have pro QB skills.

LOL, now let's not be too harsh

The team that used to be our team beat us, and made the playoffs. Meanwhile, as I type this, 2 other teams in our division are on prime time TV with the winner taking the division and the loser still making the playoffs.

We are all currently talking about how our 22nd pick of the draft doesn't give a flying shit about the team, and even if he did, he isn't talented enough to QB us to anything better than 3-13, and what's worse is he's the best QB on the payroll as of tonight.

F U C K ME

We are all currently talking about how our 22nd pick of the draft doesn't give a flying shit about the team, and even if he did, he isn't talented enough to QB us to anything better than 3-13, and what's worse is he's the best QB on the payroll as of tonight.

F U C K ME

From what I watched today....Manziel isn't the best QB on the roster. That goes to Conner Shaw. He clearly played better than Manziel did, on the road with less time to prepare with the first team offense. Clearly he hasn't spent his season fucking around as our 22nd overall pick admitted that he has done.

From what I watched today....Manziel isn't the best QB on the roster. That goes to Conner Shaw. He clearly played better than Manziel did, on the road with less time to prepare with the first team offense. Clearly he hasn't spent his season fucking around as our 22nd overall pick admitted that he has done.

Well, I guess the positive is that our UDFA scouting department is top notch.......... Silver linings as they say.

Im not impressed with any qb on the roster

Hoyer- you have seen what you can get out out of him way to up and down

Manziel- more worried bout outside things such as party life to ever put in time it takes to be a good qb

Shaw- Give him credit for playing decent on short notice but i saw throws that lacked the arm to be a top notch qb!

NOT sure what solution is maybe a sanchez-locker or bradford for a year or 2 till shore up other areas such as oline and wr

I like Brett Hundley in the 3rd round.

I highly doubt Hundley will be there in the 3rd. The guy is 6'3" 227 and completed over 70% of his passes behind one of the worst offensive lines in college football.

that being said, if He is there when the Browns select in the third, Haslam should personally cartwheel his happy ass up to the podium and announce the pick himself.

• 1 month later...

Archived