THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Played Hard Today

OldBrownsFan

The Browns played hard today. That is all I could ask for. They couldn't get it done in the fourth quarter but they made the Ravens work for it. With the Manziel, Gilbert and Gordon drama trying to drag this team down they responded pretty well all things considered. I just hope they give Pettine and company time to build this team.

The Browns played hard today. That is all I could ask for. They couldn't get it done in the fourth quarter but they made the Ravens work for it. With the Manziel, Gilbert and Gordon drama trying to drag this team down they responded pretty well all things considered. I just hope they give Pettine and company time to build this team.

That's all a lot of people want week in and week out and unfortunately playing hard doesn't equal a win

Keep Pettine.

But I would cut:

Manziel, Gordon, Gilbert, Mingo, and Schwartz.

Resign: Gipson, Skrine, and Cameron.

Draft: OL and defensive front 7

Skrine can go to. I hope some team offers him big money so we don't resign him. HE SUCKS!!!!!

I agree. This has been overall a good season. We were relevant in December and it was a nice change to still be talking football instead of the draft this late in the season.

Keep Pettine.

But I would cut:

Manziel, Gordon, Gilbert, Mingo, and Schwartz.

Resign: Gipson, Skrine, and Cameron.

Draft: OL and defensive front 7

I'm keeping Gipson and Skrine for sure.

Cameron depends on the price. HE played better the last two weeks but the injuries are a concern.

I'm getting rid of everyone on your cut list except for Gilbert. I'll give him one more year. Hell he scored as many TD's as Manziel.

That is the idea behind drafting Gilbert, you get a better DB at a cheaper price. Don't know how it will play out though

I can't see the Browns giving him Free agent corner money. That would be INSANE

Package Manziel and Gordon to the Cowboys. Keep Gilbert because the two playmates will be baby sat on another team. Let Cameron Jordan go he's one concussion away from retirement. Draft Eddie Goldman, Jaelen Strong.

Package Manziel and Gordon to the Cowboys. Keep Gilbert because the two playmates will be baby sat on another team. Let Cameron Jordan go he's one concussion away from retirement. Draft Eddie Goldman, Jaelen Strong.

You are just like the commentator today.. Cameron Jordan is a defensive player for the saints.

1 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 2 = Sure way to be a consistent loser

Did you forget you are replying to Walter?

He is a ? but we know Skrine isn't worth free agent money

What is "free agent money"? It's doubtful any team sees him as a #1 CB, so he might be affordable, but signing Gipson has to have priority.

They played hard?

Worth nothing.

Absolutely wrong... and you were on such a roll. Playing hard shows character.

Even without the character issues being raised about what was the future core of the franchise, including "the (onetime) future face of the franchise", effort in a meaningless game speaks volumes. However, in our current atmosphere the importance of effort is multiplied many times over.

I agree. This has been overall a good season. We were relevant in December and it was a nice change to still be talking football instead of the draft this late in the season.

yeah man, overall a good season...7-9.....lost 6 out of last 7...wow...i guess for this franchise this was really somefin..sheeeesh....i just keep hearing this crap yr in and yr out....another losing division record...steelers ravens and bengals all in the playoffs...and really, the steelers and ravens were rebuilding from last yr...particularly the ravens...they lost 20 some players all their captains..bunch of future hall of famers..and they are already back in the playoffs in 2 yrs...

They played hard?

Worth nothing.

You have made a lot of great posts lately. I have to disagree on this one though. Playing hard with nothing to gain shows character, it demonstrates people signing up to "play like a Brown". It sets an example for younger players who apparently desperately need it. It gave me something to watch and see glimmers of the future in.

You have made a lot of great posts lately. I have to disagree on this one though. Playing hard with nothing to gain shows character, it demonstrates people signing up to "play like a Brown". It sets an example for younger players who apparently desperately need it. It gave me something to watch and see glimmers of the future in.

Agree!

yeah man, overall a good season...7-9.....lost 6 out of last 7...wow...i guess for this franchise this was really somefin..sheeeesh....i just keep hearing this crap yr in and yr out....another losing division record...steelers ravens and bengals all in the playoffs...and really, the steelers and ravens were rebuilding from last yr...particularly the ravens...they lost 20 some players all their captains..bunch of future hall of famers..and they are already back in the playoffs in 2 yrs...

Sure it sucked at the end. But it was entertaining for me. That's what it is, a game, entertainment.

Compared to the last seven years it was good. You have a different opinion. Good for you. If the browns sucking affects your life that bad, you're probably a pretty miserable person.

Skrine can go to. I hope some team offers him big money so we don't resign him. HE SUCKS!!!!!

wait, skrine sucks now? he's been one of our best CB's all season. I would think we would like to retain him but somebody is probably gonna give him way more money than we could. Sucks that's the case...but he doesn't suck, not this year at least.

The Ravens were playing at home with motivation of making the playoffs. The Browns were out of the play offs. The Browns were starting their third string quarterback who had never taken a snap in a game let alone having to come into a big game like this. The Browns had to put up with more drama from Manziel, Gordon and Gilbert the day before the game. Then you hear reports that Pettine "had lost control of the locker room". So I wanted to see if the Browns would come out and play hard. They played hard and I was very glad to see it. Nobody had given them any chance to win and they were right in the game going into the fourth quarter. You cannot build a house and continually tear down the foundation you are building. I see a foundation being built by the Browns and now we can take the next step of building on the foundation. It was good to see Haslam instantly show support for Pettine and there is something to say for unity with an owner, coach and GM.

Go back to the falcon board or else gtf off this board.

Archived