THE BROWNS BOARD

A look at how the draft could go if we trade down

BrownieMan

Why so high on Perryman?

Drafting a ILB wouldn't be bad. Dansby is getting older and Kirksey is just okay.

Because he's had a few really nice hits. Beyond that, struggles to disengage or shed blocks, below average in pass coverage, has a tendency to overrun plays or take bad angles from time to time.

Because he's had a few really nice hits. Beyond that, struggles to disengage or shed blocks, below average in pass coverage, has a tendency to overrun plays or take bad angles from time to time.

Because he's a tackling machine against the run, and forces a lot of fumbles, he's a hammer in the middle.

Yes he does struggle in coverage but I'm tired of watching teams shred us against the run.

I like Perryman too but he's got to show he can be teachable in all aspects of the game. That's something that only the coaches can really figure out. It's more than "just a couple nice hits"...it's his textbook technique. He might be a better tackler right now than some of the guys who've started at ILB for us this year. Trouble shedding blockers? Like when? I've watched him stand guys up at the point so his teammates can make the tackle...if that's having trouble than fine, he doesn't let himself get blown out of hole much from what I've seen..but I could be wrong. As an ILB when you stick your dick in the hole and don't get moved you've won because it's forced the runner to go around where the tacklers have a better chance of pinching in and collapsing the gap. The problem with the smaller weaker ILB'ers is that they have to shade off to a side to kind of deflect the block....and that's good technique but in the NFL it allows the runner a squeeze out. If you have an ILB'er that can meet an OL at the point and stand him up....what you've done for your overall run defense can't be measured. Just cause that guy doesn't make the actual tackle doesn't mean he hasn't done anything

Archived