THE BROWNS BOARD

I miss Art Modell..

lodilobo

The Browns' all time won-loss mark started to fade after Modell purchased the team. Google 1963-1995, you will see it.

Yeah, its beyond horrible from 1999-present. If Art sold it to a local owner, instead of selling us out, I bet the Browns would have been ok.

Also remember Art fired Paul Brown, and Belichick. Real smart guy Art was.

Tour....I was thrilled that Baltimore was not using the name "Browns". I don't see the relevancy. Your point of fans of the team being disappointed is not accurate, in my opinion. Here's why....The existing Browns franchise had enjoyed a fair amount of success, before 1995. So...when the team returned in 1999, the fans expected to continue with a decent team...myself included. We know how that turned out. Let's say we were awarded a new franchise but the name "Browns" would be retired. Now you have the Cleveland Cougars...or whatever. The team "always sucks, for the most part", but it was expected. It is a new expansion team. It is not the Cleveland Browns. So, now when you talk football with your brother from Pittsburg, and he says.." Yins team sucks"...you could reply..."When the Browns were playing, we would, for the most part...always kick your asses". While your statement may grammatically incorrect, he would be too stupid to notice. I never said Art Modell was smart, but he was passionate about his team, the fans, and Cleveland. I guess I don't really miss him either....I just miss having legitimate hopes of winning more games than we lose in a season.

Sorry to post this again, and I swear if Zombo has a heart attack over it, I will pay his medical bills.

GIVE BERNIE KOSAR A VITAL, DECISION MAKING ROLE IN THE FRONT OFFICE

Until there is real passion in management, we will get more of this bullshit. Cleveland never was a showboat city where players came to bathe in the sun and ocean. Browns football always was a culture unlike any other NFL fan/player experience. Kosar is crippled and broken because he loved this team so much.

Jim Brown? Fuck Jim Brown. What the fuck did he ever do for the Browns? Yeah, undisputed best football player who ever lived............ Modell moved the team, Jim Brown left at 29 for Raquel Welch's most magnificent T&A. He didn't bleed for Cleveland. Who cares what he thinks?

Get someone who gives a shit. This isn't just about winning football games, it is about restoring Cleveland Browns culture to the team. Manziel is such an insult to our traditions it isn't even funny. Can you imagine cocksuckers like Manziel and Gordon playing for Sam, PB, BC or even Marty? Even Marty would have booted those guys in the nutsack.

Hire Kosar,

Haven't you been railing on Bernie kosar as a drunk idiot who single handedly lost all the championship games in the 80s since, like, 1995?

But actually I agree with you. Kosar is like football rain man.

what teams would those be?

Kansas City: 2012 = 2 wins....2013 = 11 wins. Arizona: 2012 = 5 wins...2013 = 10 wins. Detroit: 2013 = 7 wins....2014 = 11 wins....plenty of examples. Just do a little research.

Kansas City: 2012 = 2 wins....2013 = 11 wins. Arizona: 2012 = 5 wins...2013 = 10 wins. Detroit: 2013 = 7 wins....2014 = 11 wins....plenty of examples. Just do a little research.

and all the teams did so well. just a lot of fluff if you ask me (or a softer schedule).

And yet you continue to reply to it.... Idiotlobo

It's a dumb thread, and I chime in rarely. My last post.. I thought was just kinda funny.

Trolls tend to not have any kind of decent senses of humor.

Just not impressed.

It's a dumb thread, and I chime in rarely. My last post.. I thought was just kinda funny.

Just not impressed.

It's a shitload better than the Caleb Hanie thread...

WSS

Just not impressed.

Now that you explained it, I get it...sorry I didn't realize you dumb trolls don't have a sense of humor

I remember reading the story in the PD where Art Fell and got a scrape on his scrotum.

I remember Art Fell... back-up CB in '67...

Archived