THE BROWNS BOARD

Underclassman draft tracker

BrownieMan

Cool... nfl.com also has a running list, but lacks the "rumor" section.

Dante Fowler Jr. is an interesting DE prospect.

I like the Rice DT, Covington, as a Day 2'er... here's hoping his knee heals.

2015 looks to be very rich in RBs at the top, so should be some nice prospects come late Day 2 and Day 3.

I think this is a great class to grab a RB late. There are just so many going to get pushed down the board.

Isn't that what we said last year about WRs? ;)

This year it's D line.....tons of depth and talent available....

So, just like last year, since we really need D line and there are a ton of players available.......we will draft a safety

To be fair, we drafted at positions of need last year with CB, QB and OG. I can't see us not drafting a lineman (O/D) in the first round.

I feel you, I was really looking at the likes of Robinson, Lee, Beckham, Cooks and thinking they would be great. Fortunately Bitonio panned out or there would have been outrage. I think that's the pick that saved the regime. Still, Farmer better hit on at least one of his first rounders this year...

I would seriously consider Peat if he is there at #12 as much as I'd rather start with a great DL (if we don't buy Suh).

Sign Trey Williams as undrafted free agent. Totally underutilized as a 5* with great speed and open field moves/balance. Would be a better return man than we now have. Has good enough hands to convert to slot with serious getaway ability (fastest player on the team). He'd be a steal as a take if undrafted. Nothing to lose in giving him a shot. (A&M has just hired an O line/running game coordinator because Sumlin realized the run game was terribly underutilized in his O). PS-averaged 6.9 yds per carry but just not run often enough to be a factor.

Having Jesse James at TE could be fun (and FYI, the original Jesse James was no hero.....getting shot in the back was propitious for him)

And to salve Woody......getting Funchess in Round 2 with our third pick would be fine for me. I would prefer to use the two 1st rounders on Linemen and Linebackers. If he goes in the first round, so be it....but if he is there for the picking in round 2....why not take a shot. He couldn't turn out to be Braylon Jr., could he?

"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...

Yep-the reason they won their bowl game is that they spent the entire month working on the running game and then fired the OL coach when the game was over. They had 3 5* running backs to use this year and totally mishandled it. Sumlin is smart enough to see that in the SEC you have to have a true running threat to protect the "normal" QB who is a better pro style passer than JM was.

At this point I have no idea what the Browns may go. I could see Dline, pass rusher or receiver.

This draft has quite a bit of talent and depth, so I won't be too upset if we miss out on a specific player I'd want in the first. Plenty of options in the 2nd round.

"Running game coordinator"... gotta be a first...

No, in following Harbaughs hiring of his staff, terms like "Running Gane Coordinator" and "Passing Game Coordinator" actually pop up in a few places. It seems like a way to give a guy a promotion without being a full OC/DC

Having Jesse James at TE could be fun (and FYI, the original Jesse James was no hero.....getting shot in the back was propitious for him)

And to salve Woody......getting Funchess in Round 2 with our third pick would be fine for me. I would prefer to use the two 1st rounders on Linemen and Linebackers. If he goes in the first round, so be it....but if he is there for the picking in round 2....why not take a shot. He couldn't turn out to be Braylon Jr., could he?

:D

Archived