THE BROWNS BOARD

Dick LeBeau resigns

Tim Couch Pulls Out

You aren't smart. He has an extensive coaching history and last I checked the steelers linebackers have been one of the best groups in the league for over a decade.

Because of LeBeau's guidance.

I'm actually of the camp that thinks lebeau going is a good thing at this stage. The defense is young...and mediocre and lebeau even if he stuck it out wouldn't be the DC for another five. I think at most he was thinking one more season. Best to move forward now and not risk losing butler if the job does in fact go to butler. If not, I hear PeeWee Herman is available.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith Butler is to Dick LeBeau what Mark Malone was the Terry Bradshaw.

I'm not the only one that thinks he's capable. He's turned down several interviews over the last several years for DC positions with other teams. Your references and comparisons are as comical as the steelers finishing last in the divison this season.

Keith Butler is to Dick LeBeau what Mark Malone was the Terry Bradshaw.

I'm not the only one that thinks he's capable. He's turned down several interviews over the last several years for DC positions with other teams. Your references and comparisons are as comical as the steelers finishing last in the divison this season.

I am not saying Butler isn't capable. But he is by no means a proven Hall of Fame coaching talent the way LeBeau is. Mark Malone was "capable".

And, yes, give the talent level, the Steelers could be fully capable of finishing last in the division. (but probably will not do so as long as the Browns have no QB).

You aren't smart. He has an extensive coaching history and last I checked the steelers linebackers have been one of the best groups in the league for over a decade. I'm actually of the camp that thinks lebeau going is a good thing at this stage. The defense is young and lebeau even if he stuck it out wouldn't be the DC for another five. I think at most he was thinking one more season. Best to move forward now and not risk losing butler if the job does in fact go to butler.

Except what he said isn't stupid at all. Just because one is successful at a lower level of something doesn't mean they'll translate to success in a higher position. If that was the case Manziel would be wrecking the NFL and every DC and OC that get head coaching gigs would win Super Bowls. Past performance is a good indicator of future success but it isn't automatic. A five year old can understand that.

I am not saying Butler isn't capable. But he is by no means a proven Hall of Fame coaching talent the way LeBeau is. Mark Malone was "capable".

And, yes, give the talent level, the Steelers could be fully capable of finishing last in the division. (but probably will not do so as long as the Browns have no QB).

I never at any point said he was going to be a hall of famer, all of that is very much to be determined. What I did say is he's had plenty of success elsewhere, he knows our system and will be able to add his own wrinkles. My point is people celebrating the lebeau departure like it's somehow a benefit to the rest of the division is naive. Our defense wasn't very good this season until Tomlin a former defensive coordinator himself started providing in game input for the first time in his coaching tenure with the Steelers. Tomlin and Butler both have a shared coaching history as well. It was time for Lebeau to pass the torch. I also think it's hilarious that you continually imply a lack of talent on the Steelers roster. You don't finish 11-5 without talent and the Browns are more than a capable QB away from sustained relevance. How many first round misses can a team have in 10 years?

Dude was fucking garbage in the NFL 'till he became DC of a squad jacked up on HGH and Steroids, fuck his old overrated Rich4Eagle looking punkass.

lol, he coached one of the few pro bowl linebackers the browns have ever had in the modern era and was the ONLY coach retained when Butch Davis was fired. I'm pretty sure he did just fine with your shit stains.

I never at any point said he was going to be a hall of famer, all of that is very much to be determined. What I did say is he's had plenty of success elsewhere, he knows our system and will be able to add his own wrinkles. My point is people celebrating the lebeau departure like it's somehow a benefit to the rest of the division is naive.

No it isn't. Dick LeBeau is generally regarded as THE greatest defensive coordinator in history.

Unless you think that Butler is what Steve Young was to Joe Montana, you defense just got worse.

Our defense wasn't very good this season until Tomlin a former defensive coordinator himself started providing in game input for the first time in his coaching tenure with the Steelers. Tomlin and Butler both have a shared coaching history as well.

OK, so now you have both Mark Malone and Bubby Brister putting their heads together to replace Terry Bradshaw.

It was time for Lebeau to pass the torch.

OK, probably...since he is like 77-78

I also think it's hilarious that you continually imply a lack of talent on the Steelers roster. You don't finish 11-5 without talent and the Browns are more than a capable QB away from sustained relevance.

Yes you do when you have a great QB. Of the 22 starting positions on the Browns vs. Steelers roster I would unlikely trade you straight up more than 5-7 players straight up.

In fact....I will do you this: I will trade you ONE player.....your QB for ours straight up....and see how we do.

Yes, your RB is better now than what we have....and you have an LB or two....but I will let you keep them all......just give me your QB for mine.

You wanna make that deal?

How many first round misses can a team have in 10 years?

I don't know....Yet eve with our first round misses, the Browns are better at about 75% of the positions on the field. You are what...imagine what could have been if we didn't have those busts: Of the 13 1st round picks, only 4 have proven to be quality:

Winslow

Edwards

Wimbley

Quinn

Thomas

Mack

Haden

Taylor

Weeden

Richardson

Mingo

Manziel

Gilbert

Only those highlighted in red are proven quality. And absolutely....a Quinn and a Weeden combined can't make a BR. Those are the worst of all....and the major difference between the teams.

Dude was fucking garbage in the NFL 'till he became DC of a squad jacked up on HGH and Steroids, fuck his old overrated Rich4Eagle looking punkass.

lol, he coached one of the few pro bowl linebackers the browns have ever had in the modern era and was the ONLY coach retained when Butch Davis was fired. I'm pretty sure he did just fine with your shit stains.

Ya I'm think he was talking about LeBeau, not Butler, Sparky.

Butler did indeed coach the Browns linebackers under both Palmer and Davis, got let go when Davis fired Foge Fazio and staff as the scapegoat for the Browns playoff loss to the Steelers, even though it was Davis that had our corners not press the entire second half.

and Jamir Miller did make a Pro Bowl while Butler was his position coach. So there's that. Not sure what that has to do with anything though. He also coached Wali Ranier.

Zombo

Let's go get him. Why not?

Because he will probably end up where all old Steelers end up, Arizona. He stayed around so long that his heir apparent would soon have been too old to get a DC job elsewhere.

Pgh will likely take this opportunity to ease out Polamalu and Taylor. Their defense actually played better when both were out, which is fairly damning. Harrison only unretired due to Jones being on IR with a wrist injury, but ended up playing on a pretty good level.They and Keisel likely will all be gone, and Pgh defense should improve.

Because he will probably end up where all old Steelers end up, Arizona. He stayed around so long that his heir apparent would soon have been too old to get a DC job elsewhere.

Pgh will likely take this opportunity to ease out Polamalu and Taylor. Their defense actually played better when both were out, which is fairly damning. Harrison only unretired due to Jones being on IR with a wrist injury, but ended up playing on a pretty good level.They and Keisel likely will all be gone, and Pgh defense should improve.

I believe Harrison stays. He's still posting shots on twitter of him working out in the facility. I believe Troy and Ike could both be done and I'm guessing keisel is also done.

I agree, they played better when those guys were out.

With LeBeau going, yes, it probably is time to transition that defense. Out with the old (Pola. Harrison, Keisel, Taylor, Allen..1-2 more....in with the new....)

I believe Harrison stays. He's still posting shots on twitter of him working out in the facility. I believe Troy and Ike could both be done and I'm guessing keisel is also done.

Of the four, he would be the one you would want back based on his play. I think that they did not use their own apprenticeship system for several years for some reason and old age caught up all of a sudden at too many positions.

Of the four, he would be the one you would want back based on his play. I think that they did not use their own apprenticeship system for several years for some reason and old age caught up all of a sudden at too many positions.

Injuries have slowed the development of a few but the 2008 draft was particularly bad outside of Mendenhall and even he's gone. If you miss on a majority of a draft class it sends waves through the franchise. I think they've recovered now. I still have high hopes/expectations for Jarvis Jones and believe worilds could be had for a reasonable contract. I also agree I want Harrison back and if he doesn't come back I'd like to see moats stay.

Injuries have slowed the development of a few but the 2008 draft was particularly bad outside of Mendenhall and even he's gone. If you miss on a majority of a draft class it sends waves through the franchise.

No shit Sherlock, tell us about it. What if you miss on a majority of a draft class for like 5 years in a row?

I think they've recovered now.

I don't think they've recovered, I think the repercussions are just about to start.

I still have high hopes/expectations for Jarvis Jones and believe worilds could be had for a reasonable contract. I also agree I want Harrison back and if he doesn't come back I'd like to see moats stay.

Are all "your" linebackers FAs? You make it sound that way

Injuries have slowed the development of a few but the 2008 draft was particularly bad outside of Mendenhall and even he's gone. If you miss on a majority of a draft class it sends waves through the franchise.

No shit Sherlock, tell us about it. What if you miss on a majority of a draft class for like 5 years in a row?

I think they've recovered now.

I don't think they've recovered, I think the repercussions are just about to start.

I still have high hopes/expectations for Jarvis Jones and believe worilds could be had for a reasonable contract. I also agree I want Harrison back and if he doesn't come back I'd like to see moats stay.

Are all "your" linebackers FAs? You make it sound that way

Gipper I wasn't responding to you, so if you want to get all huffy puffy take it somewhere else. Worilds is a fa, Harrison is a fa and moats whom we signed as depth is fa. We have a surplus at middle linebacker. I would ask you to enlighten me on how the repercussions are just about to start but I don't think you are capable without going to google and attempting to drum something up. The "demise" of the steelers already happened and that was two straight 8-8 seasons. If Bell didn't go down we would still be in the playoffs.

These idiot Squeeler trolls think that they have some juggernaut of a team that is a DC short of a dynasty. Well, sorry faggots, but your team sucks. This year was an anomaly; The Squeeler decline will continue for the next decade. Even an engine running out of gas has a last surge of power, and the Squeelers managed to win 11 games somehow--while still losing to the Buccaneers (lol) and Jets (lol). Get one big hit on Big Gay Ben and he sucks the rest of the game; next year he will be even worse.

Make LeBeau the scapegoat, but it's not going to fix the fact that the Squeelers suck.

These idiot Squeeler trolls think that they have some juggernaut of a team that is a DC short of a dynasty. Well, sorry faggots, but your team sucks. This year was an anomaly; The Squeeler decline will continue for the next decade. Even an engine running out of gas has a last surge of power, and the Squeelers managed to win 11 games somehow--while still losing to the Buccaneers (lol) and Jets (lol). Get one big hit on Big Gay Ben and he sucks the rest of the game; next year he will be even worse.

Make LeBeau the scapegoat, but it's not going to fix the fact that the Squeelers suck.

Want to bet? Our offense carried our defense this season and the defense turned a corner back quarter of the season. Ben tied for total passing yards, threw over 30 touchdowns and Bell broke a few all purpose yards records. He also tied Walter Payton for three straight 200 total yard games. Oh and then there is Antonio Brown, Bryant and Wheaton. Yea they are reaaaaly on the decline. I remember posting here before super bowl xl when you all were claiming a demise. They won the super bowl that year and went to two more. Im pretty sure you don't have much of a clue when it comes to predicting anything Pittsburgh.

And no one is making lebeau a scapegoat. Butler turned down interviews with the dolphins, cardinals and had a interview denied by the steelers when whisenhunt came knocking again. The steelers likely didn't want to extend butler again as the linebacker coach and because lebeau was likely only going to coach one more he resigned. If teams weren't concerned with him being 77 he'd be the defensive coordinator in Arizona but instead he's taking a senior consultant position.

With regard to lebeau, he ended up with a good bit of talent.

that always helps ya be a great coach....

meanwhile...

We've been wiping our ass with the browns. Grabbed your token win this season.

We've been wiping our ass with the browns. Grabbed your token win this season.

We beat your asses rather convincingly the first time around.. you beat us the second time around after we were banged up with injuries in key positions.. I wouldn't gloat if I were you.. Moron!

We beat your asses rather convincingly the first time around.. you beat us the second time around after we were banged up with injuries in key positions.. I wouldn't gloat if I were you.. Moron!

Both games were played before our offense exploded on to the scene. I'd consider yourselves lucky. "Moron"

Gipper I wasn't responding to you, so if you want to get all huffy puffy take it somewhere else

I will take it right straight up your cunt if I want to. I am free to participate in any conversation I choose to be a part of on here.

. Worilds is a fa, Harrison is a fa and moats whom we signed as depth is fa. We have a surplus at middle linebacker. I would ask you to enlighten me on how the repercussions are just about to start but I don't think you are capable without going to google and attempting to drum something up.

Yea, smart people like you just make shit up out of their deluded minds. Dumb people like me actually do research on things they try to talk about.

Here are the repercussions: If you lose LeBeau....if you lose Polly/Keisel/Taylor/Allen/Harrison....all your over the hill gang, and you lose Moats and Worrlds to FA....what have you got? Jarvis Jones.....who you say has been a disappointment, Shazier who is promising....and Timmons.....who is the only proven solid LB you have. (Hell....if all the old farts go....he would be the only proved player you have on the entire defense....with maybe Heyward...but that would be it.)

The "demise" of the steelers already happened and that was two straight 8-8 seasons.

No, losing LeBeau is a step.....the demise comes when BR goes down.

If Bell didn't go down we would still be in the playoffs.

No, if you had gotten lucky to beat the Ravens the Pats would have dismissed you handily.

The squealer trolls still think they should have gone to the superbowl this year,

except the refs didn't give them all the calls again... Sick sumbeeches.

Gipper I wasn't responding to you, so if you want to get all huffy puffy take it somewhere else

I will take it right straight up your cunt if I want to. I am free to participate in any conversation I choose to be a part of on here.

. Worilds is a fa, Harrison is a fa and moats whom we signed as depth is fa. We have a surplus at middle linebacker. I would ask you to enlighten me on how the repercussions are just about to start but I don't think you are capable without going to google and attempting to drum something up.

Yea, smart people like you just make shit up out of their deluded minds. Dumb people like me actually do research on things they try to talk about.

Here are the repercussions: If you lose LeBeau....if you lose Polly/Keisel/Taylor/Allen/Harrison....all your over the hill gang, and you lose Moats and Worrlds to FA....what have you got? Jarvis Jones.....who you say has been a disappointment, Shazier who is promising....and Timmons.....who is the only proven solid LB you have. (Hell....if all the old farts go....he would be the only proved player you have on the entire defense....with maybe Heyward...but that would be it.)

The "demise" of the steelers already happened and that was two straight 8-8 seasons.

No, losing LeBeau is a step.....the demise comes when BR goes down.

If Bell didn't go down we would still be in the playoffs.

No, if you had gotten lucky to beat the Ravens the Pats would have dismissed you handily.

Harrison is still working out at the facility. I'm as of now expecting him back. I have no idea what worilds is going to command on the market but I also expect the steelers to make him an offer. I at no point said Jarvis Jones has been a disappointment. He's was a rookie playing in a complex defense and then lost his second season to the wrist injury. I also believe Will Allen will be back. Ike Taylor is likely gone and I'm not sure on troy. Can heyward is quite possibly our best defensive player and tuitt showed flashes every time he was given the opportunity. You all have been calling for a demise dating back to the cowher era. It still hasn't happened and the old guard is being replace with the new guard and they went 11-5.

Annnd gipper you egotistical fuck, you replied to me like I was conversing with you, you ill informed googling assbag. Take google out of your grasp and you are as clueless as nickers.

Our resident squealer bandwagon troll is at it again. Expect all you want,

vegamatic, but you still have a football team that is running on 4 of 6 cylinders,

and it's a joke, about as funny as Troy Pollywearsatutu and Bent Rapistburger,

and cheapshot Harrison.... 3 of your 3 rivers scum,

Really, do you worship this garbage football team on other forums, say...an actual squealer forum, perhaps?

The draft is -so- far away.

Harrison is still working out at the facility. I'm as of now expecting him back.

OK....the HGH supply hasn't run out?

I have no idea what worilds is going to command on the market but I also expect the steelers to make him an offer.

Do you not think there will be other bidders?

I at no point said Jarvis Jones has been a disappointment.

Some others of your ilk must have....it was said by some douchenozzle Steeler fan.....maybe it was Douchenozzle.

He's was a rookie playing in a complex defense and then lost his second season to the wrist injury.

That sounds like a disappointment to me.

I also believe Will Allen will be back. Ike Taylor is likely gone and I'm not sure on troy. Can heyward is quite possibly our best defensive player and tuitt showed flashes every time he was given the opportunity. You all have been calling for a demise dating back to the cowher era. It still hasn't happened and the old guard is being replace with the new guard and they went 11-5.

You still had LeBeau and BR no?

Got rid of one....get rid of the other....then we can start talking about your demise

Annnd gipper you egotistical fuck, you replied to me like I was conversing with you, you ill informed googling assbag. Take google out of your grasp and you are as clueless as nickers.

Do you really think calling me a "Googler" is an insult?

How do you get your information......read magazines? Newspapers, Watch the TV?

So you are still an analog kind of guy?

Or do the Steelers give you a personal invite into their inner workings so that they can brief you....a silly little p.o.s. of a fan of their most crucial decisions.

I am so sorry that my getting information off my computer offends you.

I didn't realize that you were in the vanguard of the Butlerian Jihad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlerian_Jihad

Harrison is still working out at the facility. I'm as of now expecting him back.

OK....the HGH supply hasn't run out?

I have no idea what worilds is going to command on the market but I also expect the steelers to make him an offer.

Do you not think there will be other bidders?

I at no point said Jarvis Jones has been a disappointment.

Some others of your ilk must have....it was said by some douchenozzle Steeler fan.....maybe it was Douchenozzle.

He's was a rookie playing in a complex defense and then lost his second season to the wrist injury.

That sounds like a disappointment to me.

I also believe Will Allen will be back. Ike Taylor is likely gone and I'm not sure on troy. Can heyward is quite possibly our best defensive player and tuitt showed flashes every time he was given the opportunity. You all have been calling for a demise dating back to the cowher era. It still hasn't happened and the old guard is being replace with the new guard and they went 11-5.

You still had LeBeau and BR no?

Got rid of one....get rid of the other....then we can start talking about your demise

Do you really think calling me a "Googler" is an insult?

How do you get your information......read magazines? Newspapers, Watch the TV?

So you are still an analog kind of guy?

Or do the Steelers give you a personal invite into their inner workings so that they can brief you....a silly little p.o.s. of a fan of their most crucial decisions.

I am so sorry that my getting information off my computer offends you.

I didn't realize that you were in the vanguard of the Butlerian Jihad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlerian_Jihad

I expect worilds to get attention and I won't be deflated if he goes somewhere else. Jones can't be a disappointment if he hasnt had the opportunity to shine or be terrible. You google to participate in discussions you have no business participating in....I can be an expert on anything over the internet with google.

Archived