THE BROWNS BOARD

Dick LeBeau resigns

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete.

And not a very good QB

Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not.

Right.

He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

No, but neither were particularly good QBs. Yea, he was Slash, he was Flash....but he was not Cash (as a QB)

Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

OK, fair enough.......they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.

A lost of these guys can have flashes: Vick, Kordell, RGIII....But none have yet proven to be long term sustained quality.

The guys in the park restrooms said he gave good head. I guess he was good at that.

And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html

I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

I'd rather wipe our asses with the good teams and lose to the bad teams then the other way around. We beat the good teams.

Who?

Colts, ravens, Bengals twice. Chiefs werent bad this year. We murdered the colts and the ravens (the second time.). Yea cal we did play a weak division but our own division may be the strongest in football so its a bit of a wash.

I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

Colts, ravens, Bengals twice. Chiefs werent bad this year. We murdered the colts and the ravens (the second time.).

And how'd that work out the third time?

at home?

With the season on the line?

Zombo

--Advantage Ravens

I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

I agree somewhat.....even to the point of believing that the Ravens weren't all that good. Browns coulda beat them twice with any luck.

I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

The Steelers may have been the biggest frauds. Their talent doesn't match up to the other 3 teams in the division....except at 2-3 critical spots. Otherwise I think your post is pretty correct.

The Steelers may have been the biggest frauds. Their talent doesn't match up to the other 3 teams in the division....except at 2-3 critical spots. Otherwise I think your post is pretty correct.

I really don't understand the stance on the Steelers being low on talent. I also think you are ridiculous to think they win because of Ben, Brown and Bell only. There isn't a linebacker on your team that I would take over any of the linebackers on the Steelers. I like Sheard but I liked him at Pitt. The jury is still out on Tuitt as he was just a rookie but on the defensive line I'd take only Taylor over McClendon. I'd take both Haden and Gilbert and would love to have Bitonio at the guard spot opposite Decastro. Joe Thomas is very good but at his contract cost I'll take Beachum. Beyond those mentioned guys there isn't a single solitary Brown I would take over any other Steeler. The Browns also bought a good brunt of the talent on the team.

Martavis Bryant could be the steal of the entire draft, Bell the same the season prior. Antonio Brown as well. See a trend here?

And how'd that work out the third time?

at home?

With the season on the line?

Zombo

--Advantage Ravens

Ben didn't have a strong game, no Bell AND Flacoo ball prevailed. Chuck it deep and hope for pass interference. I actually think the Ravens are the biggest frauds in the division.

I really don't understand the stance on the Steelers being low on talent.

You don't understand because your mind cannot synthesize or assimulate facts.

I also think you are ridiculous to think they win because of Ben, Brown and Bell only.

Not Brown and Bell......just Ben.

Like I asked you before.....I will trade you straight up your QB for ours....and the Browns would be a far better team....they are a better team...shall I say more talented team...except for a few positions...QB being the most obvious and critical

There isn't a linebacker on your team that I would take over any of the linebackers on the Steelers. I like Sheard but I liked him at Pitt. The jury is still out on Tuitt as he was just a rookie but on the defensive line I'd take only Taylor over McClendon. I'd take both Haden and Gilbert and would love to have Bitonio at the guard spot opposite Decastro. Joe Thomas is very good but at his contract cost I'll take Beachum.

Who gives a shit about contract cost? Is it your money? We are talking pure talent here.

Beyond those mentioned guys there isn't a single solitary Brown I would take over any other Steeler. The Browns also bought a good brunt of the talent on the team.

Again, that is because you are stupid and a poor judge of talent.

Go back to my talent assessment of the entire division.....you will see that

Martavis Bryant could be the steal of the entire draft, Bell the same the season prior. Antonio Brown as well. See a trend here?

Yes, again, Steelers have the edge at offensive skill players....now that both Tate and Gordon showed to be fuckups to the first degree. Every other unit the Browns are better at overall....OL, DL, DB.....except perhaps LB where it is close.

Sorry, but I would not take your overall LB corps over Dansby/Kruger/Sheard...but its close. (expecially now that the master will not be at the helm)

Ben didn't have a strong game, no Bell AND Flacoo ball prevailed. Chuck it deep and hope for pass interference. I actually think the Ravens are the biggest frauds in the division.

Perhaps, yet they beat you fairly handily. Bell would have perhaps only made it closer.

Browns did come close to beating them in that last game with our 3rd string QB.

I really don't understand the stance on the Steelers being low on talent.

You don't understand because your mind cannot synthesize or assimulate facts.

I also think you are ridiculous to think they win because of Ben, Brown and Bell only.

Not Brown and Bell......just Ben.

Like I asked you before.....I will trade you straight up your QB for ours....and the Browns would be a far better team....they are a better team...shall I say more talented team...except for a few positions...QB being the most obvious and critical

There isn't a linebacker on your team that I would take over any of the linebackers on the Steelers. I like Sheard but I liked him at Pitt. The jury is still out on Tuitt as he was just a rookie but on the defensive line I'd take only Taylor over McClendon. I'd take both Haden and Gilbert and would love to have Bitonio at the guard spot opposite Decastro. Joe Thomas is very good but at his contract cost I'll take Beachum.

Who gives a shit about contract cost? Is it your money? We are talking pure talent here.

Beyond those mentioned guys there isn't a single solitary Brown I would take over any other Steeler. The Browns also bought a good brunt of the talent on the team.

Again, that is because you are stupid and a poor judge of talent.

Go back to my talent assessment of the entire division.....you will see that

Yes, again, Steelers have the edge at offensive skill players....now that both Tate and Gordon showed to be fuckups to the first degree. Every other unit the Browns are better at overall....OL, DL, DB.....except perhaps LB where it is close.

Sorry, but I would not take your overall LB corps over Dansby/Kruger/Sheard...but its close. (expecially now that the master will not be at the helm)

Gipper don't talk about facts when you never present a single one when debating. Your thread on the division was 100% opinion and backed up with absolutely nothing. Beachum graded out as the 6th best left tackle this season and we got him late in the draft. You want to do something impressive? Replicate your division thread with facts and stats backing it up. As it stands you are no different than every other arm chair quarterback. You really really think highly of yourself don't you? Lol

Edit: and if the linebackers are close then the offensive line is also close. you lose everywhere on offense otherwise. The defensive lines are also close and that's without the potential of tuitt. You win in the secondary and that's really it. I couldn't imagine the steelers with all that cap room. We may have a bunch this season, if things go like i think they may go.

I'm sure you would think that but the bengals are the biggest frauds in the division. The steelers are the second biggest but not as much so as the bungles.

I really don't understand the stance on the Steelers being low on talent. I also think you are ridiculous to think they win because of Ben, Brown and Bell only. There isn't a linebacker on your team that I would take over any of the linebackers on the Steelers. I like Sheard but I liked him at Pitt. The jury is still out on Tuitt as he was just a rookie but on the defensive line I'd take only Taylor over McClendon. I'd take both Haden and Gilbert and would love to have Bitonio at the guard spot opposite Decastro. Joe Thomas is very good but at his contract cost I'll take Beachum. Beyond those mentioned guys there isn't a single solitary Brown I would take over any other Steeler. The Browns also bought a good brunt of the talent on the team.

I'd take Gipson over Polamalu or whatever other twat you have at safety. Troy is old and he ain't getting younger.

I'm sure you would think that but the bengals are the biggest frauds in the division. The steelers are the second biggest but not as much so as the bungles.

What are we betting the steelers are better than the Browns next sesson?

Are you Retarded? I already said the browns are ass, the worst team in the division and going nowhere in 2015. Being better than the browns doesn't make the steelers that good. It's not the browns you have to worry about it's the ravens.

You just said they were the second biggest frauds. Where do the Browns rate? First biggest fraud then?

The browns aren't a fraud. They suck and it's obvious they suck. Come on I thought you had a little intelligence

Intelligence in a Steeler fan, are about as far apart as we are from Alpha Centauri.

Archived