THE BROWNS BOARD

Mariota is a joke

Dr.Footwear

Without a playoff they never would have got that chance. The system worked for once.

It worked for OSU but it did not work for TCU. Until the Big 12 minus 2 has a real end of season championship game it will not work for them unless one of those teams goes undefeated or they switch to an 8 team playoff. Their commissioner is doggedly stating they will not add teams nor have a championship game. Until then, this will not be a fair system for that league.

Of course I'm sure you are still too consumed about the fact DA was 2-0 as a starter this year.

You know DA almost came back to Cleveland with Chud, but he decided he'd rather be the backup in Carolina than the starter in Cleveland. He's under contract for next year in Carolina so unfortunately "that train has sailed". Something tells me those two W's won't be the last time he sees the field in Charlotte.

Quote from Todd McShay:

"Mariota is questionable in the one thing you need a QB to have: Passing from the pocket."

He missed NFL throws on Monday - throws that every starting QB needs to make every time. His offense creates openings at the college level which simply aren't there in the pros.

Quote from Todd McShay:

"Mariota is questionable in the one thing you need a QB to have: Passing from the pocket."

He missed NFL throws on Monday - throws that every starting QB needs to make every time. His offense creates openings at the college level which simply aren't there in the pros.

So I wonder why Todd McShay didn't see this for the last 2 fuckin years?

Just don't draft spread option QBs, it's as simple as that. They can't play in the NFL. None of them can. You don't draft Eric Crouch and you don't draft Marcus Mariota.

So I wonder why Todd McShay didn't see this for the last 2 fuckin years?

Just don't draft spread option QBs, it's as simple as that. They can't play in the NFL. None of them can. You don't draft Eric Crouch and you don't draft Marcus Mariota.

Well, a lot of non spread QBs don't work either.......like your boy BQ......and Brandon Weeden...and on and on.

It worked for OSU but it did not work for TCU. Until the Big 12 minus 2 has a real end of season championship game it will not work for them unless one of those teams goes undefeated or they switch to an 8 team playoff. Their commissioner is doggedly stating they will not add teams nor have a championship game. Until then, this will not be a fair system for that league.

what Team in the 4 team playoff would TCU have beaten??

None of them.

Until the Big 12 commissioner stops being moronic about not having a championship game I won't feel bad about them being left out in similar circumstances. The selection group made it patently clear that in close decisions a true conference championship game carries a ton of weight and is the reason OSU moved up. It's not hard, there's about 35 million football teams in Texas just add a couple and call it a day.

As far as the playoffs - I think it would be good for Div I to go to 10 (11 max) regular season games, a conference championship and then an eight team playoff. That way, OSU could have demolished TCU, Alabama, and then Oregon....

In January 2015, TCU loses to OSU 10 times out of 10.

Oklahoma.. got stomped by Clemson.

OSU.. barely beat Washington?

Baylor.. lost to MSU.

WVU.. lost to TA&M.

KSU.. lost to UCLA.

TCU stomps Miss.. but "SEC dominance" was running on fumes the last 2 years, and this year that thought has [mercifully] been vanquished.

Should TCU have replaced FSU in the game vs OU? That's a legit question, and I say yes.

But TCU at no point beats OSU.

Hmmmm. Very interesting. You apparently know nothing about A&M fans being TCU fans. Just is not in the DNA. LOL! :lol:

I thought all of Texas shared the same DNA - the family tree looks like a telephone pole...... :D

You can tell by the smileys that in Ohio we have teeth - whereas you self selected for a dark gumbed toothless grin....

I thought all of Texas shared the same DNA - the family tree looks like a telephone pole...... :D

You can tell by the smileys that in Ohio we have teeth - whereas you self selected for a dark gumbed toothless grin....

I know false teeth when I see 'em gumby. :P

A 4-team playoff is just fine.

But let's say you add TCU... and likely Baylor. Who else? Would you dip into two-loss teams? All that is accomplished by adding more is diluting the competition.

No matter how many are eligible there will always be at least one team on the outside looking in that will have a legitimate case for 'being included".

Only thing I would change is the time between the semi's and the final. Just seems like two-weeks would be more fitting.

A 4-team playoff is just fine.

But let's say you add TCU... and likely Baylor. Who else? Would you dip into two-loss teams? All that is accomplished by adding more is diluting the competition.

No matter how many are eligible there will always be at least one team on the outside looking in that will have a legitimate case for 'being included".

yep...agreed...4 teams is plenty

No matter what....the "next guy" that doesn't make it will always feel slighted......whether he's #5, #9 or #73....

Archived