THE BROWNS BOARD

5 star recruit and #1 overall RB for 2016 commits to Ohio State

WalterWhite

Talent is more important than coaching generally. I mean, sure, if you're a bona fife Retard of a coach, yes you can ruin great talent. But for the most part if you stay out of the way they'll be fine. Les Miles is known as a pretty terrible coach but he does ok because he recruits lights out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talent is more important than coaching generally. I mean, sure, if you're a bona fife Retard of a coach, yes you can ruin great talent. But for the most part if you stay out of the way they'll be fine. Les Miles is known as a pretty terrible coach but he does ok because he recruits lights out.

Maybe......sure the P5 conferences are going to have better talent than the WAC/MAC etc. But within the P5 I still think coaching is the primary factor.

Alabama has been the better SEC team because of coaching.....not because the talent it recruits is oh so much better than the talent Georgia/Florida/Auburn/LSU etc.

Ohio State has been better than Mich. MSU, Penn St., Nebraska etc. because of coaching, not talent.

Pete Carroll ruled the P-12 when there. That school does not rule so much now.....because of coaching.

Alabama has something like 5 straight #1 recruiting classes (depending on where you look). Of course Saban is good, but it's recruiting that makes them what they are. Of course, they are at a point now where their image is so good to recruits that they have to make sure they're taking kids that don't want to merely come in and bask in the glory, rather than work to add to it.

Ohio State has recruited better the last 15 years than their fellow Big 10 programs. They also recruit nationally more, I believe.

Pete Carroll had Ed Orgeron, probably the best recruiter in the country, while he was at USC. Made a huge difference. He killed it in recruiting in the early 2000s.

Alabama has something like 5 straight #1 recruiting classes (depending on where you look). Of course Saban is good, but it's recruiting that makes them what they are. Of course, they are at a point now where their image is so good to recruits that they have to make sure they're taking kids that don't want to merely come in and bask in the glory, rather than work to add to it.

Ohio State has recruited better the last 15 years than their fellow Big 10 programs. They also recruit nationally more, I believe.

Pete Carroll had Ed Orgeron, probably the best recruiter in the country, while he was at USC. Made a huge difference. He killed it in recruiting in the early 2000s.

Well, it is sort of a chicken and egg situation......but I still think Bum Phillips said it best about coaching.....specifically about Don Shula.

He said: "he can take his'n and beat yer'n and he can take your'n and beat his'n."

Now, Texas boy.....you go argue with Bum Phillips. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever....OSU still has what is considered Top recruiting class:

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2015/12/15/10218752/ohio-state-recruiting-2016-class-rankings-alabama-lsu-michigan

And, as I said before.....it doesn't matter who has the #1 or #5 class......it is what you do with them coaching wise.

I'm just saying...

We had the OP pumped this guy committed to OSU. He posted a whole thread about it. With all of the good vibes going to Michigan at the time, he wanted to crush them.

Then the recruit started looking around...

Then he decommitted...

Then he started looking at Michigan...

Then he committed to Michigan.

It blew up in the OPs face. I even said his commitment was way too early to mean much haha.

I'm just enjoying it, that's all.

How do you know that's why he decommitted? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

A TON of recruits decommit when they commit they early. If anything we just have a better opportunity for early playing time.

Don't take Cysko's path of immediately shit talking the kid and his commitment...

How do you know that's why he decommitted? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

A TON of recruits decommit when they commit they early. If anything we just have a better opportunity for early playing time.

Don't take Cysko's path of immediately shit talking the kid and his commitment...

I forget sometimes how easy it is to troll you. I can see why others do it ;)

Deep breath woody, it's only a game!

I'm just saying...

We had the OP pumped this guy committed to OSU. He posted a whole thread about it. With all of the good vibes going to Michigan at the time, he wanted to crush them.

Then the recruit started looking around...

Then he decommitted...

Then he started looking at Michigan...

Then he committed to Michigan.

It blew up in the OPs face. I even said his commitment was way too early to mean much haha.

I'm just enjoying it, that's all.

Well....even to this day it is not final.....maybe he too will be a double douche and change his mind again.

Well.....apparently his commitments don't mean much....now do they? So maybe a little shit talking about his commitments is warranted.

I forget sometimes how easy it is to troll you. I can see why others do it ;)

Deep breath woody, it's only a game!

I think you're overreacting to my reaction. If you think that response was getting a rise out of me... Lol

I think any time I respond in the CFB thread someone will claim they trolled me

Archived