THE BROWNS BOARD

For all of you who don't think Russell Wilson is "elite"

WalterWhite

Wilson's stats speak for themselves, oh and he is in his second Super Bowl in his first three years.

And football is the ultimate team game. If any of you think Wilson is getting to the SuperBowl with a different defense or without beast mode, you're kidding yourselves.

When the Hawks get in trouble, they turn to Marshawn, not Wilson.

For Christ sake, this is a defense that gave up 8 points to the highest scoring offense in NFL history. There is a reason the 12th man jersey sells so high for them.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And football is the ultimate team game. If any of you think Wilson is getting to the SuperBowl with a different defense or without beast mode, you're kidding yourselves.

When the Hawks get in trouble, they turn to Marshawn, not Wilson.

For Christ sake, this is a defense that gave up 8 points to the highest scoring offense in NFL history. There is a reason the 12th man jersey sells so high for them.

I don't think anyone is arguing football not being a team game but that is an argument for every team. You trade New England's offensive line for the Bills Brady isn't in the Superbowl. Wilson completes 63% of his passes and his TD/INT ratio is almost 3:1, not to mention with the last stinker playoff game he is still better than guys like Luck and Kaepernick who are his closet peers.

It's not even close on this one. Wilson has the stats and the ring, maybe rings.

I don't think anyone is arguing football not being a team game but that is an argument for every team. You trade New England's offensive line for the Bills Brady isn't in the Superbowl. Wilson completes 63% of his passes and his TD/INT ratio is almost 3:1, not to mention with the last stinker playoff game he is still better than guys like Luck and Kaepernick who are his closet peers.

It's not even close on this one. Wilson has the stats and the ring, maybe rings.

I think you should go back and double check just how good the Pats Oline is. Solder has been one of the very worst tackles in the NFL this year. Keep in mind Brady doesn't have the luxury of Wilson's wheels.

The TD:INT ratio means little given that Wilson is a complimentary player asked to pass less and the Colts live and breathe by Luck carrying them.

I think you should go back and double check just how good the Pats Oline is. Solder has been one of the very worst tackles in the NFL this year. Keep in mind Brady doesn't have the luxury of Wilson's wheels.

The TD:INT ratio means little given that Wilson is a complimentary player asked to pass less and the Colts live and breathe by Luck carrying them.

Russell Wilson regular season 63.4 9,950 72 26

Russell Wilson post season 61.3 1,573 10 5

Andrew Luck regular season 58.6 12,957 86 43

Andrew Luck post season 56.5 1,829 9 12

Luck has only thrown 14 more TDs than Wilson in 3 years but also has 17 more INTs. Wilson has won, possibly 2 rings, in his first three years in the league. I really don't know what else Wilson can do on a team that can actually run the ball. You aren't going to have him throw it 45 times a game just to prove he can. When called upon he does exactly what he needs to.

Luck has only thrown 14 more TDs than Wilson in 3 years but also has 17 more INTs. Wilson has won, possibly 2 rings, in his first three years in the league. I really don't know what else Wilson can do on a team that can actually run the ball. You aren't going to have him throw it 45 times a game just to prove he can. When called upon he does exactly what he needs to.

yeah we get that.

now can you listen to other people or are you just going to be a numbskull?

andrew luck on the seahawks = 2 superbowls like wilson might have. russell wilson on the browns, washington or tampa bay would be crushed by now.

he's a queen in the chess game that carroll and co. put together. hell brian hoyer before injury would have the same effect with that power structure going on there.

meanwhile a no-named defense from NE with a m. lynch jr. a great tight end and a slot receiver will fuck them all up sunday.

care to wager?

yeah we get that.

now can you listen to other people or are you just going to be a numbskull?

andrew luck on the seahawks = 2 superbowls like wilson might have. russell wilson on the browns, washington or tampa bay would be crushed by now.

he's a queen in the chess game that carroll and co. put together. hell brian hoyer before injury would have the same effect with that power structure going on there.

meanwhile a no-named defense from NE with a m. lynch jr. a great tight end and a slot receiver will fuck them all up sunday.

care to wager?

I don't know who m. lynch jr is on the Patriots but I don't doubt they have a legit shot at winning. The question is Russell Wilson currently an elite NFL QB and the answer is clearly yes. People can speculate what he would do on other teams or what other QBs would do on the Seahawks but there is actually statistically evidence that show Wilson is an elite QB.

I don't know who m. lynch jr is on the Patriots but I don't doubt they have a legit shot at winning. The question is Russell Wilson currently an elite NFL QB and the answer is clearly yes. People can speculate what he would do on other teams or what other QBs would do on the Seahawks but there is actually statistically evidence that show Wilson is an elite QB.

tim couch would be a hall of famer considering your thought process if he was drafted by chicago then.

so as in your cousin vinnies eyes, your theory holds no water.

tim couch would be a hall of famer considering your thought process if he was drafted by chicago then.

so as in your cousin vinnies eyes, your theory holds no water.

No, there is actual statistical and video proof of Wilson's accomplishments. Speculation is just that an unproven opinion. You can talk about "what if" and I'll continue to talk about "what is".

And that's my whole point why your statistical comparison is horseshit. You have one team with Luck, where he HAS to sling the ball 40+ times a game, receives little help from his defense and running game. Of fucking-course Luck is going to throw more interceptions, the guy has thrown for more yards and has more pass attempts, it only makes sense.

Then you have Wilson, that has the advantage of playing along side an elite RB and one of the very best defenses this side of the 00' Ravens. A QB, that while good, really only has to account for 0-1 TD's a game in order to be successful.

What about this is not making sense?

And that's my whole point why your statistical comparison is horseshit. You have one team with Luck, where he HAS to sling the ball 40+ times a game, receives little help from his defense and running game. Of fucking-course Luck is going to throw more interceptions, the guy has thrown for more yards and has more pass attempts, it only makes sense.

Then you have Wilson, that has the advantage of playing along side an elite RB and one of the very best defenses this side of the 00' Ravens. A QB, that while good, really only has to account for 0-1 TD's a game in order to be successful.

What about this is not making sense?

What I'm not getting is Wilson averages 1.5 passing TDs per game, Andrew Luck is 1.8. What Wilson "has to do" in your mind and what "he has done" are two completely different things. If you were correct and he averaged .5 passing TDs as opposed to Luck at 1.8 you'd have a point but he doesn't.

What I'm not getting is Wilson averages 1.5 passing TDs per game, Andrew Luck is 1.8. What Wilson "has to do" in your mind and what "he has done" are two completely different things. If you were correct and he averaged .5 passing TDs as opposed to Luck at 1.8 you'd have a point but he doesn't.

Ok... and? Wilson has a good per average and nice TD numbers, but again he throws the ball under a rather "controlled" setting. It also helps having that run game in the redzone which opens up that beloved bootleg Seattle uses.

Wilson doesn't have to do shit, nor does Luck. You also aren't addressing my point of pass attempts, you simply toss out another stat. Luck throws the ball more, thus has a high percentage chance of interception or in-completion. Luck also does not have the supporting cast on the ground game or defense. Start by refuting those points, please.

Ok... and? Wilson has a good per average and nice TD numbers, but again he throws the ball under a rather "controlled" setting. It also helps having that run game in the redzone which opens up that beloved bootleg Seattle uses.

Wilson doesn't have to do shit, nor does Luck. You also aren't addressing my point of pass attempts, you simply toss out another stat. Luck throws the ball more, thus has a high percentage chance of interception or in-completion. Luck also does not have the supporting cast on the ground game or defense. Start by refuting those points, please.

I'll play Luck has a worse completion percentage because he throws it more, I agree. Luck has more yards because he throws it more, we agree. Luck has more TDs and more INTs because he throws it more, I think we agree.

Now back to the original point which I think where we seem to be getting off board is you are half-heartedly acknowledging that Wilson has great numbers. It is ok his numbers are great, but. The but for me is just speculation. I could say Joe Montana was only good because of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Dwight Clark, Roger Craig or the greatest offensive scheme of our lifetime the West Coast Offense. Those MAY all be true but we will never know cause he was great and played with 3 Hall of Famers on offense.

What I don't get is... this is a Browns board, how does it twist your scrotum that Browns fans don't see him as elite? Who the fuck cares about his classification adjectives?

The guy can play. Nobody begrudges him that. Are you blowing this guy after he porks your wife and/or Mom? Seriously, dude, you are on a Browns board weeping for a Seahawks QB? Hey, what if we all post that he sucks. Will that make you cry?

Hey Walter............... you never answered my question about tight ends. Let me make it simple.............

At least tell me this, how do you rate the greatest Browns Tight Ends.........

Mark Barvocco.............

Eric Heiden

Ozzie Nuesome

Kellen Winslow II

Since the Browns stink, and we've talked about that for 3 months, a football topic still seems appropriate for a football board. But maybe we can turn it around for you and get back to the Browns who is more likely to be in the NFL in 3 years Johnny Manziel or Connor Shaw?

I'd take Wilson over anyone we currbelty have or any qb in the upcoming draft.

Label him whatever you want.

really? you actually had to type that? come on usf, that's a no brainer.

Since the Browns stink, and we've talked about that for 3 months, a football topic still seems appropriate for a football board. But maybe we can turn it around for you and get back to the Browns who is more likely to be in the NFL in 3 years Johnny Manziel or Connor Shaw?

i guess i missed something because i never said the browns stink. you did, and for that i can't respect a fucking word you say.

still time to get on board the seahawk bandwagon. they have cake and cock on board and they're all out of cake. right up your alley (if you know what i mean?)

drive safe and have a nice day. grab a cookie on the way out.

really? you actually had to type that? come on usf, that's a no brainer.

i guess i missed something because i never said the browns stink. you did, and for that i can't respect a fucking word you say.

still time to get on board the seahawk bandwagon. they have cake and cock on board and they're all out of cake. right up your alley (if you know what i mean?)

drive safe and have a nice day. grab a cookie on the way out.

And that's why you're comic relief. If you don't think this team stinks you're nothing but a homer or have really low standards.

And that's why you're comic relief. If you don't think this team stinks you're nothing but a homer or have really low standards.

when it comes to ohio teams i'm a homer all the way as i would expect any true fan is. sure i love cracking jokes and that's my schtick but to whine every time something doesn't go your way as a fan of a team or of anything in life is pretty pathetic.

didn't know humans came in spineless forms these days.

when it comes to ohio teams i'm a homer all the way as i would expect any true fan is. sure i love cracking jokes and that's my schtick but to whine every time something doesn't go your way as a fan of a team or of anything in life is pretty pathetic.

Back to the basics, name calling. I just stated a fact, no whining, the Browns stink. I could list all the failings the last 15 years but no need to waste my time. A true fan supports his team but still has the sight to see where they stand in the grand scheme of the sport.

Can I get a Fucking Aye!!

WSS

I'll play Luck has a worse completion percentage because he throws it more, I agree. Luck has more yards because he throws it more, we agree. Luck has more TDs and more INTs because he throws it more, I think we agree.

Now back to the original point which I think where we seem to be getting off board is you are half-heartedly acknowledging that Wilson has great numbers. It is ok his numbers are great, but. The but for me is just speculation. I could say Joe Montana was only good because of Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Dwight Clark, Roger Craig or the greatest offensive scheme of our lifetime the West Coast Offense. Those MAY all be true but we will never know cause he was great and played with 3 Hall of Famers on offense.

So.... we're essentially saying the same things?

What in the flippity fuck are we arguing about???

The cavs are currently out-fucking-standing

And so are the ticket prices. Good lord, give them a look when you can.

Archived