THE BROWNS BOARD

Another reason why Michigan Sucks

Stewie

They've got language police.

The wacky world of liberalism.
$16,000 spent on a campaign to discourage the use of certain words and phrases.

"That's Retarded" for example is one of the things you cant say...because it perpetuates ableism by implying that individuals with mental or emotional problems are abnormal or inferior.

Well aren't they in certain ways?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/21174/

This "campaign" by the U of M is Retarded....sorry Woodley for implying that you are inferior, but the truth sometimes hurts.

Don't worry Stewie/Bunker/Mr T, I'll never feel inferior to you.

I was wondering how long it would take this to show up here, since I talk about Michigan so much. I don't think it is a great idea, but there are always little campaigns going on. This one seems to be getting national attention though. The intention is good, and maybe it will help a little, but from the outside looking in it just looks silly. Oh, and 16k isn't even a drop in the bucket. I'm sure its just part of some larger budget for campus inclusive stuff like this.

Don't worry Stewie/Bunker/Mr T, I'll never feel inferior to you.

I was wondering how long it would take this to show up here, since I talk about Michigan so much. I don't think it is a great idea, but there are always little campaigns going on. This one seems to be getting national attention though. The intention is good, and maybe it will help a little, but from the outside looking in it just looks silly. Oh, and 16k isn't even a drop in the bucket. I'm sure its just part of some larger budget for campus inclusive stuff like this.

Truth be told it seems you are involved in every conversation centered around Michigan no matter who starts it so...

;)

WSS

Truth be told it seems you are involved in every conversation centered around Michigan no matter who starts it so...

;)

WSS

A thread in the politics forum with Michigan in the title and specifically mentioning him by name? Yeah, he's just bringing it up all over the place...

A thread in the politics forum with Michigan in the title and specifically mentioning him by name? Yeah, he's just bringing it up all over the place...

LOL

Hey I know how much you guys love raw data. I'm just pointing out that our friend Woody is involved in more Michigan comments than any other poster.

(you, on the other hand, have the self control not to lash out at the dozens of ridiculous anti Great Britain posts, so there's that. :) )

WSS

WSS

LOL

Hey I know how much you guys love raw data. I'm just pointing out that our friend Woody is involved in more Michigan comments than any other poster.

(you, on the other hand, have the self control not to lash out at the dozens of ridiculous anti Great Britain posts, so there's that. :) )

WSS

WSS

In the same way that I walk past the drunk guy shouting obscenities on a friday night outside the bars, I just glide by all the anti-UK posts from 'specially wired' people (since we're not allowed to call the Retarded).

OT, 'Retarded' hasn't been used an insult here for a long time - or maybe i'm just not keeping the company that uses it. Like calling someone gay, or a woman, it implies an inferiority and associates the insult with that status. "Man you're so gay" really is only an insult because the insulter thinks gay people are inferior, and because the insultee doesn't want to be associated with that demographic. It's all pretty pointless, really.

What I find amusing is how offended GFT gets when anyone makes fun of England, but he is full of opinion on the USA, and mostly negative.

I find it hilarious you are trying to compare whatever warped recollection you have of his comments to the this some on here actually make in an attempt to rip on England

What I find amusing is how offended GFT gets when anyone makes fun of England, but he is full of opinion on the USA, and mostly negative.

England is a fucking PC Fag country with no freedom of speech. It's a boring cloudy dark shit hole full of a bunch of fucking rag heads. Pale gap Tooth white people and high taxes. Who gives a flying fuck about England or what anyone of those fucking dumb blokes have to say?

Their country is rann by a fucking senile 87-year-old woman in a flower hat. Fuck Princess Kate and that rosacea cheeked faggot William

England is a fucking PC Fag country with no freedom of speech. It's a boring cloudy dark shit hole full of a bunch of fucking rag heads. Pale gap Tooth white people and high taxes. Who gives a flying fuck about England or what anyone of those fucking dumb blokes have to say?

Their country is rann by a fucking senile 87-year-old woman in a flower hat. Fuck Princess Kate and that rosacea cheeked faggot William

I hate when Chris says shit like this about the USA

Super offended, this is why I always get in to personal arguments with anybody as soon as they say something disparaging about the UK, or in particular the royal family.

I find it hilarious you are trying to compare whatever warped recollection you have of his comments to the this some on here actually make in an attempt to rip on England

The only thing warped on here is your ass from being butt fucked by so many of your boy friends.

Super offended, this is why I always get in to personal arguments with anybody as soon as they say something disparaging about the UK, or in particular the royal family.

That's right cause you gap toothed fuckers would be speaking German right now if it weren't for the USA.

Archived